Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeaBea thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: history_geek

Wonderful post Bea, written from a psychological angle.

I am not is a position to write much , everyone's points are well written. But would congratulate you for putting the characters and fitting them into Maslow's table. :)

Just try for a post with Cognitive Evaluation Model, too. I would like to see how you put Ruqs into that, and judge her based on intrinsic motivators and extrinsic causatives. :-P

Interestingly, intrinsic motivators tend to be higher on the Maslow hierarchy table also. :)

Thanks Abhay,😊

That will be very interesting, my friend I tell.  As I have been looking at this character in the Behavioral Sciences only for a while now.  Time  is not on my sided but may surprise you.
BeaBea thumbnail
Originally posted by: history_geek

Wonderful post Bea, written from a psychological angle.

I am not is a position to write much , everyone's points are well written. But would congratulate you for putting the characters and fitting them into Maslow's table. :)

Just try for a post with Cognitive Evaluation Model, too. I would like to see how you put Ruqs into that, and judge her based on intrinsic motivators and extrinsic causatives. :-P

Interestingly, intrinsic motivators tend to be higher on the Maslow hierarchy table also. :)

Abhay,

I am posting this here like I mentioned,  I have been using the characters as case study for Academic purpose.

And  Ruky interest me most in that direction and I have come to the diagnostic conclusion that she is showing signs of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) I am still evaluating though as the Serial goes on to see if am right.

The Key features of this disorder are:

Problems with regulating emotions and thoughts.

Impulsive and reckless behavior.

Unstable relationships with other people.

Marked Symptoms are varying but the few this character has shown so far to me are the following.

Extreme rage or frantic actions.

Stormy relationships with family and loved ones  (extreme dislike / anger).

Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self ( which can result in sudden changes in feelings, opinions values or plans and goals).

Impulsive behavior

Substance Abuse

Chronic feelings of emptiness (May feel angry and distressed over minor separations of people to whom they feel close to)

With a lot more am waiting to see if this character will show all of them then I can say hmm I got it right.

crystalwings thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Totally indepth analysis - loved the way you showcased Ruk's personality disorder 😆
Charu.S thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Beatrice,

Awesome write-up applying Maslow's Hierarchy of needs on some of the Royals of Agra. You have said it all so very well. 👏

Self--actualization which is a key aspect of Maslow's theory in developing a well rounded individual seems to be lacking in both Salim and Rukaiyya. Even to this day, in spite of being married to Akbar for several years, Rukaiyya's chameleon-like personality really has no spiritual connection or basic good purpose in life. At least that is how the Creatives have chosen to portray her.

As for Salim, self- realization is yet to come. Since he has been crowned Shah-i-Shah and has realized his parents' love for him, I am going to assume that his sense of belonging and self esteem are in good space now. However, he has a long way to go pertaining to his self awareness and achieving a set ambition in life. So far the only main goal for him is to make Anarkali MEH. I think this aspect of his persona may reach its zenith, due to a doomed love affair with Anarkali . Marriage to Maan Bai may open door to actual self realization and spirituality for him. 

Enjoyed reading your views. 
Edited by Charu.S - 8 years ago
BeaBea thumbnail
Originally posted by: rexniko

Totally indepth analysis - loved the way you showcased Ruk's personality disorder 😆

Thanks so much Rexniko, this Character interest me very much. Her mood swings are amazing 😆
BeaBea thumbnail
Originally posted by: Charu.S

Hi Beatrice,

Awesome write-up applying Maslow's Hierarchy of needs on some of the Royals of Agra. You have said it all so very well. 👏

Self--actualization which is a key aspect of Maslow's theory in developing a well rounded individual seems to be lacking in both Salim and Rukaiyya. Even to this day, in spite of being married to Akbar for several years, Rukaiyya's chameleon-like personality really has no spiritual connection or basic good purpose in life. At least that is how the Creatives have chosen to portray her.

As for Salim, self- realization is yet to come. Since he has been crowned Shah-i-Shah and has realized his parents' love for him, I am going to assume that his sense of belonging and self esteem are in good space now. However, he has a long way to go pertaining to his self awareness and achieving a set ambition in life. So far the only main goal for him is to make Anarkali MEH. I think this aspect of his persona may reach its zenith, due to a doomed love affair with Anarkali . Marriage to Maan Bai may open door to actual self realization and spirituality for him. 

Enjoyed reading your views. 

Hello Charu,

Thank you very much. 😊

At bold this is what took me straight back to my Psychiatry books, I said wait a minute I study this kind of character  in college and there and behold I found her there ever since then I have been looking a the symptoms and signs only.

The moment I saw her in some scene she took that afeem  to cool down and also said now her target is Salim I said oh boy she is getting close to show all the S&S.