IshRa TS: Swapping Roles.

-Lollipop- thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Hey guys, im new here and this is my first work on this couple.

Thoughts are in italics

Enjoy the read😳

Ishra Ts: Swapping Roles

Ishita stared at her husband incredulously, as he banged the door going out. The nerve of this man! Raman had always mocked her on her occupation, reiterating many times that she was merely a dentist, not a doctor. And, she being the person she was never complained knowing that he was only poking fun at her. But today, he had taunted her on the fact that she was lacking in her wifely duties and that, she would absolutely not bear.

Her only fault was that she had mistakenly burnt his favorite blue shirt with iron. Of course, now he won't have his blue shirt to show off to the society's women just how delectable he was! Urrrgrh Ishita, don't go there...

And so, entailed his entire discourse on the way to become an Ideal wife. As if, he was an Ideal Husband! Humph...

That's when Ishita Raman Kumar Bhalla decided that she would need to teach her beloved hubby a lesson or two about the duties of a wife, mother, daughter-in-law and side by side that of a dentist as well.

*_*

(Later that night)

Raman came quite early that day knowing what was waiting for him at home. His madrassan was definitely miffed by his morning behaviour since she did not receive any of his calls, whilst his apologetic texts were left ignored.

Putting on his best sorry face, Raman pushed open the door knowing clearly that he was in for a round of lecture or the famous silent treatment. But what he saw caught him off guard. Ishita was smiling at him. Wickedly smiling, that is! And that was dangerous.

Very very dangerous!

He smiled back sheepishly as she closed the gap between them.

"Honey, you know I'm sorry," he started only to be cut off by Ishita's words.

"Honeying, are we?" questioned Ishita in a challenging tone.

"Listen," he started with a sigh "I am really sorry Ishita. You know how easily I get irritated, you know that I didn't mean any of the nonsense I said in the morning, right?" he finished with a confident smile this time hoping that his madrassan would have melted.

"I forgive you" she replied with a sweet smile adorning her lips, whilst her eyes gleamed with mischief.   "But to be forgiven, you'll have to bear the punishment first because I don't want you to commit the same mistake, ever again, isn't that fair, hubby?" she finished with a puppy face.

"And how would I be condemned?" came the answer almost immediately.

"By being Ishita for a day" answered Ishita.

Not again. I so knew this madrassan is upto no good. But, haven't we played this imitation game before... hopefully she won't ask me to wear a sari this time.

Before he could voice out his thoughts Ishita quipped in, "But, it would be a little different from the previous time."

Raman was just about to ask her for additional details when he heard his mother calling them out for dinner. Ishita signaled him that the conversation would continue after dinner.

-At Dinner Table-

Raman was peacefully enjoying his Punjabi food totally forgetting about his impending punishment when Ishita dropped the ultimate bomb.

"Mummyji," Ishita started, "I won't be able to help you prepare breakfast and dinner tomorrow." Turning towards the kids, Ishita continued, "And Adi, Ruhi, tomorrow I won't be able to prepare you for school"

"What happened Ishita, do you have any morning appointment tomorrow?" questioned Toshiji.

Ishita nodded her head in negation

This piece of news made Raman grin tentatively. If his Madrassan was free, then he would take the day off and spend it with her. Damn! I have a meeting tomorrow with some US delegates...Ahh well, Mihir was well capable of taking care of that! He mentally reminded himself that he would have to call Mihir later and ask him to handle the clients tomorrow. He wasn't going to knock off the rare moment of spending time with his wife!

His romantic thoughts were disturbed by Ishita's voice, and so, he directed his attention towards her.

"Mummyji, actually your son thinks that being a dentist, a wife, a mother and a daughter-in law is an easy task. So, tomorrow I plan to show him how I laze around doing nothing. And so, tomorrow Raman would follow my daily schedule and complete every work that I do. And, I hope after that you realize just how responsible,...oops IRRESPONIBLE I am," Ishita finished emphasizing on the word irresponsible' whilst glaring at Raman.

Karma is so cruel. Do something Raman. Think. Think.

"But Ishita, as much as I would like to comply with your punishment, I have an important meeting tomorrow and I absolutely cannot miss that," protested Raman pretending to be sad.

"Oh don't worry Raman, I've already called Mihir and I've informed him that you will be caught up with something important tomorrow."

"Madrassan, the meeting is not with Mihir, it's with an important client. I would have asked Mihir to handle them but my presence is absolutely important," finished Raman intelligently.

Surely, she wouldn't want to mess up his professional life due to their personal tiff.

Boy was he wrong!

"Raman, don't worry, Mihir talked with the clients and they are fine with conducting the meeting without you. Don't worry, everything is set!" affirmed Ishita in a sugary tone.

Setting my foot.

To hell with Mihir.

To hell with Ishita.

No! Scratch that. To heaven with Ishita!

Looking back at the table, he wondered who could save him from this impromptu situation. Instead, he found everyone smiling wickedly.

Sadists.

Traitors

"Ok fine, I'll do it" stated Raman exasperatedly. He knew with his crazy family, he wouldn't have any way out.

It couldn't be that bad, could it?

-Next morning-

The shrill ringing of the alarm clock woke Raman up. He was about to switch it off and go to sleep when he heard Ishita's voice.

"Arrey Raman, it's already 5.30, you have to wake up. You have so many things to do today. C'mon get up and go freshen up."

Raman, like an obedient child, got off the bed and went to the bathroom knowing it was useless talking with this ghayal sherni.

When he came back to their room, he saw Ishita applying nail polish on her toe nails.

Such a queen she was!

"Did you clean the bathroom?" questioned Ishita upon noticing him.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I usually do so."

"Arrey, I was bathing with water, not mud, so the bathroom is still very much clean"

"Raman, please no excuses!" replied Ishita eyeing him. Her tone clearly unveiled that she wanted no further discussion.

Raman rolled his eyes and silently made his way to the bathroom making Ishita's face glow with mirth.

10 minutes later, he came out after completing his task perfectly. 

Messily perfect was probably a better description.

The only pitfall was that upon entering the bathroom, he nearly slipped since the floor was wet and soapy. Luckily he had caught the door knob right on time and was able to stabilize his body.

Lucky escape that was.

Coming back again in the room, he saw Ishita had now settled on the couch and she was watching him stealthily while dramatically blowing her finger nails.

Cunning. Foxy Madrassan...Enjoy yourself today wifey. My time will come too.

"What next?"

"The bed" answered Ishita monotonously.

Ok! This is not difficult. I have done it in many times in the past!

He made up the bed effortlessly much to Ishita's surprise.  And in return, she graced him with a genuine smile showing her appreciation.

Well if I continue to do all the tasks nicely, maybe the rewards would be better as in some hugs, a couple of kisses, or...

Ishita's voice brought him back from his lands of dreams.

"Raman, go wake up the kids, it's already 7.00 am"

Looking at the clock beside the bed, he realized that, that was indeed the case.

Heck, it's already 7.00 am. Damnit! I must have been working at snail pace.

Next task: Waking up the kids.

Difficulty level: Easy.

Ishita looked at him with pity, hoping that he knew just how EASY it was to wake up the kids.

Note: Will be waiting for your reviews guys...and yeah there will be one or two more parts depending on how much i can incorporate in the next part.

P.s- Not proofread

With lots of love😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngelSREE thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ha ha ha... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Lol... 
Raman as ishita... πŸ€£
It will be worth to watch sry worth to read...πŸ‘
Continue asap...πŸ˜›
I m waiting waiting & waiting...πŸ˜ƒ
mayasun thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hi,
This should be fun reading. Raman realizing what Ishita is going through but I want Ishita to take the role of Raman as well.

Please PM when you update

Maya
Divancraze thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Haha reminds me of old days...
Continue soon!
Shre28 thumbnail
Hey. This is  so much fun! I am loving it.. Bechara Puttar
12Singmeenu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail