Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: starstruckk

Have you seen the drama mere humdum mere dost? Is it any good?

u didn't like it? I loved mere humdum mere dost
.liked it more than many other over rated dramas...everything was just perfect in mhmd...i think this show is underrated..i wish it came on hum tv instead of muhabbat subh ...

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
  mere humdum mere dost- had great chemistry ,light story very much predictable and loveable. still kept you going  for next episode . sanam with her freshness and adnan with his maturity was a great cast. guy playing a father was abit khusat but well...
Edited by cimba - 8 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
I started watching Diyar e Dil..and honestly, I don't find anything significant in Farhat's writing as per usual. How does her romance standout?...not a single scene in the entire show which showed romance in an extraordinary way. I don't know if her novels are any better..but I have yet to find her writing impressive. 
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh.. I never came across this thread. Nice one..
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I started watching Diyar e Dil..and honestly, I don't find anything significant in Farhat's writing as per usual. How does her romance standout?...not a single scene in the entire show which showed romance in an extraordinary way. I don't know if her novels are any better..but I have yet to find her writing impressive. 

I'm in love with the locales of this serial. Just want to go in there through my TV screen 😆

I'm not much fan of romance and all. I'm liking it because of the characters. Be it Roohi, Agha Jaan, Bahroz or Arjumand. I like those character which are more relate-able and are not out and out white or pure souls.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
I have not everyone's work u mentioned, so will tell only about those I know.
Umera Ahmed -  I like that her characters are realistic n we can relate to them. DeS is the best example. Plus the characterization is just outstanding. Itz rare to see this kind of writing.

Khalil-ul-Rehman-  Well, to be very honest I didn't know about him before Sadqay Tumhare. I dislike the show but I have to agree that he is THE best with dialogues. I am now watching Mera Naam Yousuf Hai of his n I am stunned to see the dialogues. Plus, as he is more in to a Romantic genre, dialogues have more importance n here he is simply awesome. 

Farhat Ishtiaq-  I feel she is good. Her writings r on simple things but presented in a nicer way. But sometimes I feel, the shows r nor adapted in the same way. I have read Humsafar the novel. The way it started n the way it ended was quite good.. Or I should say better than the show itself !?! She herself has done a nice job in the novel. I found it that way. Then Dayar e Dil, the story is simple yet intriguing. We can connect to it. Haven't read the novel, but whatever I have seen is pretty good. I find her themes sensitive n attractive.

Maha Malik- she is really good. I mean I have watched Mere Meherbaan n itz simply wonderful. The character sketches r done really nicely. I feel she is the one who takes normal life issues n present them in a better way possible. We can connect to it. Be it MM or Na Kaho Tum Mere Nahi too was written nicely. Simple yet attractive n realistic.

starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: Usman.

I'm in love with the locales of this serial. Just want to go in there through my TV screen 😆

I'm not much fan of romance and all. I'm liking it because of the characters. Be it Roohi, Agha Jaan, Bahroz or Arjumand. I like those character which are more relate-able and are not out and out white or pure souls.

I love the scenery! It's so pretty. I think they shot in Skardu if I'm not mistaken? I think the cinematography is the best part about the show.

I loved Sohaib, now that he's gone..I don't feel like watching the show anymore. 😆 I feel like the actors, directors, editors etc are what make Farhat's shows watchable if anything. Her writing itself is never the selling point for me. Her romance which people always talk about is very boring and dry in my opinion. For instance, I find Behroz and Rumi to have zilch chemistry..I never liked Mikaal and Sanam's chemistry in the show..what makes it worse for me is how there's absolutely nothing extraordinary in the romance they're working with. This same Sanam Saeed had awesome chemistry with Fawad in ZGH..but the romance was written so wonderfully there too..so the writing backed their pair. Here, there's nothing.
starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: RisingAsh

I have not everyone's work u mentioned, so will tell only about those I know.

Umera Ahmed -  I like that her characters are realistic n we can relate to them. DeS is the best example. Plus the characterization is just outstanding. Itz rare to see this kind of writing.

Khalil-ul-Rehman-  Well, to be very honest I didn't know about him before Sadqay Tumhare. I dislike the show but I have to agree that he is THE best with dialogues. I am now watching Mera Naam Yousuf Hai of his n I am stunned to see the dialogues. Plus, as he is more in to a Romantic genre, dialogues have more importance n here he is simply awesome. 

Farhat Ishtiaq-  I feel she is good. Her writings r on simple things but presented in a nicer way. But sometimes I feel, the shows r nor adapted in the same way. I have read Humsafar the novel. The way it started n the way it ended was quite good.. Or I should say better than the show itself !?! She herself has done a nice job in the novel. I found it that way. Then Dayar e Dil, the story is simple yet intriguing. We can connect to it. Haven't read the novel, but whatever I have seen is pretty good. I find her themes sensitive n attractive.

Maha Malik- she is really good. I mean I have watched Mere Meherbaan n itz simply wonderful. The character sketches r done really nicely. I feel she is the one who takes normal life issues n present them in a better way possible. We can connect to it. Be it MM or Na Kaho Tum Mere Nahi too was written nicely. Simple yet attractive n realistic.

@ bold: I haven't read any of her novels, but people say are novels are good...yet I find her writings in dramas pretty dry. I feel she's one of those writers who can't translate her writings into good screenplays. Her writings are too afsani and fantastical too...and I feel a lot of times, that isn't portrayed well in Pakistani shows.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
I LOVED Dayar e Dil when it started n so on. Now when I saw that Suhaib is gone, I realized that i actually liked the show due to him. His presence made me watch it. For me, whenever I used to think about DeD, Sohaib n Arjumand came to my mind n then Behroze n then something else.
So basically, as I was in love with Sohaib, he was the main reason I was watching the show. Ab wo nahi hai hai toh I m feeling like watching it till Wali n Farah's Nikah coz there is when kuch interesting hoga. The show is good. Behroze n Ruhi r awkward for me.. I was the one looking forward to see Mikaal n Sanam S together even if I m not a SS fan, but I found nothing :S I felt that ArSu were more dominating than these two. May be coz when SAW what happened to them. We were there with ArSu's turmoils n all pain they went through. But well.. Ab toh shadi ko bhi itna arsa guzar gaya. Bacchon ki shadi horahi hai.. Parents ki chemistry ka kiya karna hai ab 😆
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I love the scenery! It's so pretty. I think they shot in Skardu if I'm not mistaken? I think the cinematography is the best part about the show.

I loved Sohaib, now that he's gone..I don't feel like watching the show anymore. 😆 I feel like the actors, directors, editors etc are what make Farhat's shows watchable if anything. Her writing itself is never the selling point for me. Her romance which people always talk about is very boring and dry in my opinion. For instance, I find Behroz and Rumi to have zilch chemistry..I never liked Mikaal and Sanam's chemistry in the show..what makes it worse for me is how there's absolutely nothing extraordinary in the romance they're working with. This same Sanam Saeed had awesome chemistry with Fawad in ZGH..but the romance was written so wonderfully there too..so the writing backed their pair. Here, there's nothing.

Yep its Skardu.. I so want to visit it. Nevertheless I'm leaving for Mansehra tonight.. Not as beautiful as Skardu but still I'm pretty much excited 😆

Sohaib definitely was a well-written character and the credit goes to Ali Rehman for living that character. This was the first time I had seen him acting and he did a great job. Esp his accent of KPK people was perfect.