Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

Rank the writers (Page 2)

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

For me different writers have different strong points. For example when it comes to versatility, Faiza Iftikhar is hands down the best for me. Farhat writes the best romance. KRQ is unmatchable in dialogues. Umera is good with uniqueness of concept but the problem that I personally find with Umera is her preachy tone and most of the time unsound arguments. Samira Fazal is mediocre and also I found  that she does not credit her work properly where she takes the (so called) inspiration from (e.g. meri jaan, which is the complete charba of 'someone to watch over me' by Judith McNaught). Maha Malik is fine but unfortunately the dramatization of her novels is not that impressive. For example "jo chalay tou jaan sai guzar gaye" is such an enjoyable read but not that good when watched as a drama. Sarwat Nazeer, very depressing but very impactful.

I agree with you on Maha Malik. Her scripts aren't dramatized well. And yeah, Sameera Fazal should really give credit to whoever's work she tends to use here and there. It's kind of obvious that she does.  I  feel Sameera  has a lot of potential..but I don't think it's extracted too much. I think my biggest problem with her from a viewer's point of view is that her dialogues aren't that unique. She can do better. Other than that, she can do well when she wants to. I think Vasl was probably one of her best scripts ever. It was very balanced.

Edited by starstruckk - 13 May 2015 at 1:42pm

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
I think Khalil Ur Rehman is genius with his writing. However, I feel his writing can be way too sophisticated at times..which can make it hard to relate to his characters...which is where for me personally, Umera takes the cake. She has dialogues which are unique yet easy to relate to. Her characters don't express themselves in larger than life ways...her characters tend to express themselves like any one of us would...and that's her USP I feel.

Farhat - I honestly don't know how her novels are. To be fair. I've never read any of them and don't plan to either..but whatever novel adaptations I've seen of hers...her USP which is apparently romance, doesn't seem to stand out. While watching shows like Humsafar or MeJ, I never ever felt the writing was amazing...I don't know what it is, but her romance falls flat for me. Her romance is very typical..the afsani kind of romances which you're already familiar with. I think KUR can write better romance than Farhat...even though both show typical plots..but, the former has a unique way of portraying it.

Edited by starstruckk - 13 May 2015 at 1:52pm
starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
I love Sarwat Nazeer's shows! Daagh was such a brilliantly written show..so underrated.

And I LOVE Main Abdul Qadir Hoon.
starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Usman.

Umera Ahmed
Khalil Ur Rehman
Sameera Fazal
Faiza Iftikhar
Sarwat Nazeer
Farhat Ishtiaq
Maha Malik

I agree Star Sameera's has been somewhat disappointing in her past few work but there is no denying that she has done some wonderful work in the past.

Did you watch Shukk?

If you compare her writing to Shukk and say Vasl..there's such a huge difference. In Shukk her writing was so weak..characters would use the lines "normal hojao" (as everyone was more or less not normal) in every other scene towards the end of the show. LOL It became unintentionally hilarious. Even in Alvida on Humtv..none of her dialogues stand out..but you know she can do better. This is the same woman who shaped Razia Butt's novel, Bano into a tv screenplay...I feel the problem is that she has become way too commercial and possibly lazy lol.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

grey23obsessiveperson

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by grey23

of course umera is at top for me...(for daam,zgh,durre shawar,qaid e tanhai,sez)
2nd farhat ishtiaq...(because of mere humdum mere dost...i just loved it)
3.samira fazal( for mera naseeb,Bari apa and vasl)
4.khalil

( i have not seen others work so can't say

Have you seen the drama mere humdum mere dost? Is it any good?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ABBY_JERAN

-shabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-shabz-
-shabz-

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Umera
Farhat 
KRQ
Sameera fazal
Sarwat
ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starstruckk

I think Sameera Fazal isn't really that creative with her dialogues..but her writing is entertaining. You hardly find a dull moment in her stories because there's always so much drama going on.

The one thing I've noticed with Sameera is that she has kind of gone downhill with her scripts. She was much better a few years ago.

What I luv about sameera is her RANGE OF WRITING IS HUGE...u name it she has written it  

she can write passionate luv  stories like maaney na yeh dil 

Yet family stuff like mera naseeb kabhi kabhi vasl 
Khamoshiyan ...God they r jus masterpieces 

What surprises me is her comic timing which hasn't been explored much 

I didn't know kuch pyaar ka pagalpan was written by sameera it had loads of hilarious dialogues between Fawad Sanam and Sanam mikaal and many comedy romantic moments which has repeat value 

Also the few epis of yasir Sajjal track in chup raho was so funny 
she shud write more comedy 

I don't think her script quality has gone down 

Among the latest bunch of repetitive serials since the last two years crowding every channnel...sameeras shows are always different...even if it's on a cliche d topic still it's different 

A dark subject like Chup raho in the most effective way possible 
AGREE the last Epi sucked but for that I can't forget the first nail biting 26 epis which also broke all trp records ...I hv seen many pak shows on this topic but the way she showed it in Chup raho ...my goodness...unbelievable...and it made syed jibrun an overnight star a d now it's raining his shows 

Not to mention SHUKK which was jus MIND BLOWING 

Latest ALVIDA is also pretty good and getting huge viwership...and better reviews than dil e MUZTAR 

And now I m super excited for her 
Next with Ary...TUM RAHEN NA TUM with Imran sana gohar 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cimbastarstruckkobsessiveperson

ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starstruckk

Originally posted by grey23

of course umera is at top for me...(for daam,zgh,durre shawar,qaid e tanhai,sez)
2nd farhat ishtiaq...(because of mere humdum mere dost...i just loved it)
3.samira fazal( for mera naseeb,Bari apa and vasl)
4.khalil

( i have not seen others work so can't say

Have you seen the drama mere humdum mere dost? Is it any good?

Its a MIND BLOWING DRAMA 

I so wish it wasn't aired in urdu1 and get wasted the way Jackson heights got wasted 

Adnan Sanam Jung jus nails it 

Farhats one of the bestest work 

I find Farhat ishtiaque a bit underrated

People chant about khalil sir umera sameera but people hardly take her name 

Even her REHAAI was OUTSTANDING and my all time fav show 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

starstruckk

Go to top