Pakistani Serials

Rank the writers

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
How do you guys rate these writers from best to worst?

These are the most prominent ones I think -

Khalil Ur Rehman
Umera Ahmed
Farhat Ishtiaq
Sameera Fazal
Maha Malik
Sarwat Nazeer
Faiza Iftikhar

I think the work of these writers are more or less obvious, but just in case someone is wondering about some of these then -

** Sarwat Nazeer is the writer who wrote shows like Daagh, Main Abdul Qadir Hoon,, Umm e  Kalsoom,  Sirat ul Mustaqeem and some others.

** Faiza Iftikhar is the one who wrote Aunn Zara, Akbari Asghari, Aik Naye Cinderella, Thakan, Bilqees Kaur etc

** Maha Malik wrote Meri Ladli, Na Kaho Tum Mere Nahi, Mere Mehrban. Jo Chaley Jaan Se Guzar Gaye, Maaye Ni etc

Umera Ahmed, KUR, Farhat, Sameera Fazal etc should be the more obvious ones.

So, rate them from best to worst in terms of their writing skills.

Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
My ranking -

1. Umera Ahmed
2. Sarwat Nazeer
3. Khalil Ur Rehman
4. Faiza Iftikhar
5. Sameera Fazal
6. Farhat Istiaq and Maha Malik (they both are more or less the same for me)

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
SAMEERA FAZAL

UMERA

FARHAT ISHTIAQUE

KHALIL SIR

MAHA MALIK

FAIZA IFTIKHAR

ZAFAR MAIRAJ

BE GUL...AMNA MUFTI...
starstruckk thumbnail
I find Sarwat Nazeer and Faiza Iftikhar really underrated.

I loved Main Abdul Qadir Hoon, Sirat ul Mustaqeem and Daagh by Sarwat. Aunn Zara and Akbari Asghari were really nicely written by Faiza as well.
starstruckk thumbnail
I think Sameera Fazal isn't really that creative with her dialogues..but her writing is entertaining. You hardly find a dull moment in her stories because there's always so much drama going on.

The one thing I've noticed with Sameera is that she has kind of gone downhill with her scripts. She was much better a few years ago.
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
of course umera is at top for me...(for daam,zgh,durre shawar,qaid e tanhai,sez)
2nd farhat ishtiaq...(because of mere humdum mere dost...i just loved it)
3.samira fazal( for mera naseeb,Bari apa and vasl)
4.khalil

( i have not seen others work so can't say
Edited by grey23 - 8 years ago
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Umera Ahmed
Khalil Ur Rehman
Sameera Fazal
Faiza Iftikhar
Sarwat Nazeer
Farhat Ishtiaq
Maha Malik

I agree Star Sameera's has been somewhat disappointing in her past few work but there is no denying that she has done some wonderful work in the past.

AuntyDepressant thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
For me different writers have different strong points. For example when it comes to versatility, Faiza Iftikhar is hands down the best for me. Farhat writes the best romance. KRQ is unmatchable in dialogues. Umera is good with uniqueness of concept but the problem that I personally find with Umera is her preachy tone and most of the time unsound arguments. Samira Fazal is mediocre and also I found  that she does not credit her work properly where she takes the (so called) inspiration from (e.g. meri jaan, which is the complete charba of 'someone to watch over me' by Judith McNaught). Maha Malik is fine but unfortunately the dramatization of her novels is not that impressive. For example "jo chalay tou jaan sai guzar gaye" is such an enjoyable read but not that good when watched as a drama. Sarwat Nazeer, very depressing but very impactful.
Edited by 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0 - 8 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Originally posted by: 0o.Jaan-Jee.o0

For me different writers have different strong points. For example when it comes to versatility, Faiza Iftikhar is hands down the best for me. Farhat writes the best romance. KRQ is unmatchable in dialogues. Umera is good with uniqueness of concept but the problem that I personally find with Umera is her preachy tone and most of the time unsound arguments. Samira Fazal is mediocre and also I found  that she does not credit her work properly where she takes the (so called) inspiration from (e.g. meri jaan, which is the complete charba of 'someone to watch over me' by Judith McNaught). Maha Malik is fine but unfortunately the dramatization of her novels is not that impressive. For example "jo chalay tou jaan sai guzar gaye" is such an enjoyable read but not that good when watched as a drama. Sarwat Nazeer, very depressing but very impactful.

I agree with you on Maha Malik. Her scripts aren't dramatized well. And yeah, Sameera Fazal should really give credit to whoever's work she tends to use here and there. It's kind of obvious that she does.  I  feel Sameera  has a lot of potential..but I don't think it's extracted too much. I think my biggest problem with her from a viewer's point of view is that her dialogues aren't that unique. She can do better. Other than that, she can do well when she wants to. I think Vasl was probably one of her best scripts ever. It was very balanced.

starstruckk thumbnail
I think Khalil Ur Rehman is genius with his writing. However, I feel his writing can be way too sophisticated at times..which can make it hard to relate to his characters...which is where for me personally, Umera takes the cake. She has dialogues which are unique yet easy to relate to. Her characters don't express themselves in larger than life ways...her characters tend to express themselves like any one of us would...and that's her USP I feel.

Farhat - I honestly don't know how her novels are. To be fair. I've never read any of them and don't plan to either..but whatever novel adaptations I've seen of hers...her USP which is apparently romance, doesn't seem to stand out. While watching shows like Humsafar or MeJ, I never ever felt the writing was amazing...I don't know what it is, but her romance falls flat for me. Her romance is very typical..the afsani kind of romances which you're already familiar with. I think KUR can write better romance than Farhat...even though both show typical plots..but, the former has a unique way of portraying it.