Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan Episode Discussion Thread 10 | DT Note: 129 - Page 71

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by mishaarshi

Dey have to show nandu  healing.. Instead of  a senseless drag nd making her fine suddenly in just  one epi.  Today's last scene was  a progress though
@bold ya nd the manik vs nandini discussions that follow๐Ÿ˜•

Exactly...they need to make sure there is steady progress rather than drag drag and then overnight fixing the problem. 

See I thought whole week had bits of progress from Nandu...she kinda started bantering with Manik again like in the smiley board scene, the fact that she remembered and regretted the slap...the way she sunaaoed Harshad...the fact that she reached out for Manik's hand in the dart scene. 

But the end result of every scene is Nandu running away from him toh then you're just left๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•...and that is the part I'm saying they cannot keep dragging repeating endlessly or it will lose it's flavor. 
Originally posted by URnotThisBody

Sometimes i wish these serials had limited episodes ( 200- 250 hi sahi) .The 2-3 weeks have had really touching poignant moments but dragging it makes it totally lose  its credibility. Its actually such a nice situation concept wise you know ..the boy who ALWAYS expresses himself with ' touch ' and music.. And his lady is averse to the very music that got them together. 
I've always loved abhimaan movie. It had a similar situation. Little melodramatic but well that was the 70's.
Dragging it just takes the substance of the entire thing. I get that its just two 'serial' days. But still this had so much scope than the soha track. 

Hello and welcome to the EDT...that's an interesting username you've got there๐Ÿ˜†

@bold: Interesting point...yes there is a sense of poignancy there for sure...the fact that Manik is this guy always needing to express himself through touch or music is unable to share either with Nandu right now...the way it kills him bit by bit as she withdraws from him everytime...quite sad...

But the dragging is the silent killer in all this...sooner or later the audience becomes indifferent then. 

Soha track still had a nice backdrop in terms of the friendship track for MaNan...that was light-hearted as a balance...this track is more tragic in nature since Nandu is broken in a sense...the whole show gets plunged into a kind of gloom when Nandu isn't smiling...the audience feels it just as much as Manik. 
Originally posted by zrn1312

Ooohhh "down the memory lane" does this mean a reprise of episode 1? Like fab5 having a takraar with the bus ๐Ÿ˜†

I'm gonna call you ZR, for the sake of typing ease๐Ÿ˜†

Interesting take by both you and Rutu about first epi reprise...and Nandu sure loves her loop closures too...maybe it will be a eureka moment for her๐Ÿ˜†...all we need is FIREFLIES to glow again and sab theek๐Ÿ˜†

But deffo seems like some kind of dramatic bus scene coming up...most likely to stop her from going only...that sounds more in line with the storyline right now...and yeah Fab 5 helping him is likely too๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by AreYaar

I'm gonna call you ZR, for the sake of typing ease๐Ÿ˜†

Interesting take by both you and Rutu about first epi reprise...and Nandu sure loves her loop closures too...maybe it will be a eureka moment for her๐Ÿ˜†...all we need is FIREFLIES to glow again and sab theek๐Ÿ˜†

But deffo seems like some kind of dramatic bus scene coming up...most likely to stop her from going only...that sounds more in line with the storyline right now...and yeah Fab 5 helping him is likely too๐Ÿ˜†

Not just for nandu it will be eureka moment for the viewers too ๐Ÿ˜† again a start of a new journey ...last time fab 5 were the ones who needed healing n this time its nandini 

Originally posted by mishaarshi

Like niti said itz true PaNi get to act each and every shade. I highly doubt anybody else on indian telly got to act so many variations in just one show. 

Well that's not necessarily true...I've seen other shows with plenty of character depth and variations too.

But yeah most of those shows don't get dismissed as "show based on kissing"...lol...that is why I feel bad for the writers and crew of this show...cuz they've genuinely created a product that has DEPTH and all it's summed down to is "show based on kissing"?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

Most shows shy away from addressing a relationship in realistic and natural terms and instead run the whole thing on cliches and drama...when the writers of this show actually manage to portray so many shades to a youthful romance through MaNan...oh well it's not surprising that most ppl won't get it...least of all ppl used to hailing more cliched shows for their fav actors๐Ÿ˜†
- thank you both for the username n welcome ๐Ÿ˜†

Exactly dragging isnt helping at all. For instance I think i'll be one of the very few who didnt 'feel' last scene from yesterday's episode. The one with nandu playing the guitar๐Ÿ˜•. But I liked the smile wala and even the one with the entire fab 5 teasing them .

By soha track i meant the realistic complex situation as this rather than dramatic pychos planning to kill someone etc.
Originally posted by URnotThisBody

- thank you both for the username n welcome ๐Ÿ˜†

Exactly dragging isnt helping at all. For instance I think i'll be one of the very few who didnt 'feel' last scene from yesterday's episode. The one with nandu playing the guitar๐Ÿ˜•. But I liked the smile wala and even the one with the entire fab 5 teasing them .

By soha track i meant the realistic complex situation as this rather than dramatic pychos planning to kill someone etc.

LOL I had to...that is quite an unusual choice for a username...interesting nevertheless๐Ÿ˜†

I actually did like the guitar scene yesterday...it had a sweet earnestness about it and PaNi enacted it well...it was a nice idea too in terms of weaving them back together through music...I could also appreciate the fact that this was much better execution than Nandu's dream from way back of Manik teaching her the guitar...the reality was better than the dream IMO...the little touch of Nandu leaning back onto him and submitting herself to both him and the music was a nice touch too as Manik kinda lets go of the guitar just like you let go of the seat the first time you're teaching someone to ride a bicycle...I liked the presentation of the scene that way.

About Soha track...yeah I hear ya on that front...lol...this track is deffo more realistic than having to bear psychotic planning scenes. 
Originally posted by -.serendipity.-

It has been brought to my attention that there is bashing of actors going on in this thread. This is a warning to everyone that such posts will not be tolerated and if this continues any further, strict action will be taken. Please refrain from bashing actors.
Thank you,

KYY DT 

๐Ÿ˜†  Dude where's my popcorn ๐Ÿ˜†

The word bashing is really subjective, unless you got a rule book on what to write and what not to write, your wasting yours and our time with this post.
Edited by -Aarya- - 8 years ago
Originally posted by AreYaar

Exactly...they need to make sure there is steady progress rather than drag drag and then overnight fixing the problem. 

See I thought whole week had bits of progress from Nandu...she kinda started bantering with Manik again like in the smiley board scene, the fact that she remembered and regretted the slap...the way she sunaaoed Harshad...the fact that she reached out for Manik's hand in the dart scene. 

But the end result of every scene is Nandu running away from him toh then you're just left๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•...and that is the part I'm saying they cannot keep dragging repeating endlessly or it will lose it's flavor. 

THIS!! Right now it's still understandable given the frame of mind that Nandini is in, but they keep on dragging the then the audience is bound to lose interest. Waise bhi most people don't empathise with what Nandini is going through, and her walking away in the face of Manik trying sooo hard leaves a bitter taste in everyone's mouth. 

The touch issue is a very sensitive one, especially when it comes to MaNan since they have their very own language of touch. So if the writers keep bouncing between Nandini being fine with Manik's touch in one scene and flinching away in another, the audience will feel jerked around. I hope they keep the momentum of today's epi regarding this and not have her pull away from Manik next week. Being skittish in general is different and understandable.

Not gonna lie, even I feel kinda deprived these days. And no, I don't mean for there to be a random hawt scene, but just their casual touches are so meaningful, I just miss it ๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by -Aarya-

๐Ÿ˜†  Dude where's my popcorn ๐Ÿ˜†

The word bashing is really subjective, unless you got a rule book on what to write and what no to write, your wasting yours and our time with this post.

You're too late to the party, Mehr๐Ÿ˜†   But maybe you'll enjoy this post below:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4383390

Otherwise also known as the ppl most likely responsible for the above warning posted in this thread๐Ÿ˜†