Qubool Hai

Karanvir Bohra: Strictly for entertainment please

flora212 IF-Stunnerz
flora212
flora212

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Karanvir Bohra
Text resize:AAA
Actor Karanvir Bohra is trying to understand the hype around churning out meaningful content for celluloid. He feels the basic principle of showbiz is to entertain people and addressing a social issue is just a brownie point.

"The shows or the content, be it for TV or movies, whether you like it or not, has to be for entertainment. Drama is the key aspect of any story told in Bollywood or Hollywood," Karanvir told reporters while enjoying a break from his outdoor shooting sequence for Zee TV show 'Qubool Hai'.

"We cannot run away from this fact. Even if we make off-beat films or off-beat TV shows, entertainment and drama still have to be pivotal aspects of them. Neither actors nor producers should take that seriously. First you entertain and then move on to different aspects. There are social dramas with a social message which is a good thing," he added.

Karanvir, known for his acting calibre and distinctive style quotient, went on to add that entertainment industry acts like a vestibule for viewers to escape from the problems of life to the fictitious world.

"Life is full of stress and the audience needs to escape from all that. They need a release and TV shows and movies are a kind of release and that's how it should be," the actor said

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

NoLifenoesha-GrilledCheese-Mahu34fatima30micshyAGirlHasNoName--Aishwarya--Raingoddesssahil333IntuitiveShailu.....Tanu...chicksoupMs.SherlockedKhatamKahani

micshy IF-Dazzler
micshy
micshy

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:13am | IP Logged
And i so totally agree with him ...
People tune into the serials fr the purpose if escapism , n if escasim is giving more frustration thanreality than wats the purpose,

Balancing out social drama with entertainment is an art n not every person's cup of tea,in Bollywood only Raju Hirani has been capable of doing that properly in all his movies, rest are all struggling i think 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-GrilledCheese-fanrayaAGirlHasNoNameRaingoddessTIA.TiaIntuitiveflora212

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Clap

In other words,
Don't look for logic in a TV serial.LOL

Agree with pretty much every thing he says.
I always wondered why people expected social messages from shows. I would read the Newspaper or Magazines and watch Crime shows if I wanted reality in drama.Smile Of course, I appreciate it when it is better packaged in the form of a good movie.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-GrilledCheese-AGirlHasNoName--Aishwarya--RaingoddessIntuitiveflora212

--Aishwarya-- IF-Rockerz
--Aishwarya--
--Aishwarya--

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chicksoup

Clap

In other words,
Don't look for logic in a TV serial.LOL

Agree with pretty much every thing he says.
I always wondered why people expected social messages from shows. I would read the Newspaper or Magazines and watch Crime shows if I wanted reality in drama.Smile Of course, I appreciate it when it is better packaged in the form of a good movie.

Well said...I totally agree with you!! Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

flora212

--Aishwarya-- IF-Rockerz
--Aishwarya--
--Aishwarya--

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing dear!! Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

flora212

TIA.Tia IF-Rockerz
TIA.Tia
TIA.Tia

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:38am | IP Logged
@ Chick soup:   We are not looking for social messages. Neither we want the shows to preach. But at least have some logic in the show for God Sake. We just want the shows to be closer to reality and not turn it into mindless drama. I mean wasn't it funny that Sanam2 went to Pakistan and came back within a day and Aahil was still unconscious??? Shaad gave fake identity to Jannat. Was not able to produce the documents to stop the fake immigration personnel from taking away Jannat. But has no problem or watsoever in coming to India. Since when did we allow people from neighboring country into our country without proper documents??? We are not looking for some serious super intelligent drama with lots of social message. We are just asking for logic and realism. Is it too much to ask for?? Come on we are not that stupid??!

Edited by TIA.Tia - 13 May 2015 at 8:38am

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top