India-Forums

The Originals
The Originals

My take on the Originals season 2 Finale

NitaReid IF-Sizzlerz
NitaReid
NitaReid

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Last week I have been talking with my sis about originals and she said it has various faults in terms of plot and I agree with it. It has plenty of faults if we looked at it from viewer pov or overanalyze it. When it comes to watching originals the best way is to just go with the flow and accept all the crazy twists and turns it provides.

So another season is done and I am glad it was a satisfying finale. We were not left with the cruel cliffhanger that haunts us till season 3. That originals speciality though and I like it.

So on to the final episode then,  it was all about killing dahlia and klaus plan at first looked like a simple things use esther blood instead of freya the only problem though is the fact esther died. So commerce the plan to betray davina and bring back esther only to let her die again. 

So just wondering if the original plan was to kill her again can't we ask the ancestors to lend esther for one hour since dying and coming back alive looks so easy in the originals world. 

I was glad the original esther was back but she hardly had the same presence she had in season 3 of tvd. I realise it without the proper lines and script esther looked like an altogether new character to me. 

Here what I loved in the finale. It not the plot but the few scenes,  klaus daggering himself that was so good, he recently told how painfully it was but still he would do that for hope. 

Freya hesitance to kill klaus given the chance. She said she wanted to kill him but she already think of him as family and Ofcouse klaus calling her sister with affection rather than as a taunt. 

Loved how freya tried to help the siblings even when she was also close to dying. I think dahlia said hope needs a mentor and I think klaus will let freya be the one to help hope since she knows how to help hope and at the same time let her have her freedom too. 

Glad hayley is still stuck in the curse and even though I know she will be back in season 3 atleast by then she would have suffered for some months. 

Edited by NitaMikealson - 13 May 2015 at 6:19am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

leelaa9

NitaReid IF-Sizzlerz
NitaReid
NitaReid

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:23am | IP Logged
I wanna take the siblings rift seriously believe me but I am sure they will forget it and have fun once season three starts and few episodes are over. 
Also the whole esther sudden realisation to dahlia forgiveness all seemed fairytaleish so I just say I am glad it is over. 

Season 3 here to hoping you are not only as good as the first two but also better than them. 

leelaa9

MS-meghasharma IF-Sizzlerz
MS-meghasharma
MS-meghasharma

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 2:01am | IP Logged
i wish hayley remains stuck with the curse.
hopefully no one would be able to help her get out of it atleast not in s 3.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NitaReidleelaa9

NitaReid IF-Sizzlerz
NitaReid
NitaReid

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 4:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MS-meghasharma

i wish hayley remains stuck with the curse.
hopefully no one would be able to help her get out of it atleast not in s 3.

They just need a witch from the bloodline of Dahlia and we have two in hand already freya and rebekkah. So if they find the spell then nothing will stop her from getting free 

If marcel knows the curse spell and hayley broke it once already it means they know the spell to broke the curse right. Just saying if originals follows the previous season logic.

But it is originals afterall so anything can happen,  but I am with you on this though let us hope they wait till the midseason finale atleast before we have to bring back the brainless queen.

leelaa9

leelaa9 IF-Addictz
leelaa9
leelaa9

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Nita, Megha, agree on both what we hope for and the possibilities hoped against. :))

Even if Hayley remains stuck with the curse, the worse thing would be if they show Elijah playing her up as a saintly martyr unreasonably tormented by Klaus. Hoping that does not happen.

Love *both* the bromance and the brother-conflict, but not the brothers conflicting over a girl who considers Elijah as a distant second priority and a useful tool against Klaus.

If Elijah is to be bitter to Klaus, it should not be for Hayley.

And all of the people Klaus has wanted to kill - Davina, Jackson and most other potential threats, if Elijah and/or Rebekah had not prevented him - each of those people has proven multiple times that Klaus (and his sensitive siblings) would have been safer if Klaus had been allowed to be pragmatic.

Hayley lives because of Elijah.

Davina lives because Marcel, Elijah and Rebekah consider her a child, unmindful of her danger to them being worse if they don't consider hurting her as an option.

Jackson has lived because Hayley wanted him, and Elijah wants Hayley to have anything Hayley wants - even when that want is to take his brother's child away permanently.
His response to "Klaus's child" was that "It's Hayley's child too". But by that logic, he should have reacted much less acceptingly to Hayley planning to take the child away - by Elijah's own logic expounded, the injustice to Klaus should have been clear.

I love Elijah, but the way the series has been showing his increasingly blinkered adoration of Hayley - to the point where he doesn't even dwell on her plan to take away his brother's child (Klaus's enemies could find Hayley and Hope anyway, but without Klaus there to effectively strategize) - is confounding.

Hopefully Hayley - in presence *and* mention - will be at a minimum, unless they are willing to stop thrusting the path of "Hayley should have whatever she wants, and anyone hurting Hayley in retaliation is unforgivable" for Elijah.

His anger about Gia being killed is understandable, but none of the siblings have been hesitant about endangering or killing off each other's pawns if necessary.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

flutterbyNitaReidmalec.

NitaReid IF-Sizzlerz
NitaReid
NitaReid

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by leelaa9

Nita, Megha, agree on both what we hope for and the possibilities hoped against. :))

Even if Hayley remains stuck with the curse, the worse thing would be if they show Elijah playing her up as a saintly martyr unreasonably tormented by Klaus. Hoping that does not happen.when klaus was daggered to let hayley do whatever she wants with jackson then it is called noble. The twisted logic of original writers. Yes if they make hayley a saint i will be angry Angryit not like klaus did to a innocent person she did it first. He actually kept her alive but no one sees the truth. When did elijah and Rebecca become this stupid to not see why klaus does what klaus does. They keep looking for a way in which no one of their friends die and even there plans are stupid. 

Love *both* the bromance and the brother-conflict, but not the brothers conflicting over a girl who considers Elijah as a distant second priority and a useful tool against Klaus.Elijah is head over heels with hayley. I hate it. He becoming more desperate to just do everything she says even it makes no sense.

If Elijah is to be bitter to Klaus, it should not be for Hayley.

And all of the people Klaus has wanted to kill - Davina, Jackson and most other potential threats, if Elijah and/or Rebekah had not prevented him - each of those people has proven multiple times that Klaus (and his sensitive siblings) would have been safer if Klaus had been allowed to be pragmatic.well they all love davina and this will be the reason they suffer in season 3 and even then they will Blame klaus as the reason davina hates them. So don't expect the people to stop blaming klaus for each and everything. 

Hayley lives because of Elijah.

Davina lives because Marcel, Elijah and Rebekah consider her a child, unmindful of her danger to them being worse if they don't consider hurting her as an option.

Jackson has lived because Hayley wanted him, and Elijah wants Hayley to have anything Hayley wants - even when that want is to take his brother's child away permanently.
His response to "Klaus's child" was that "It's Hayley's child too". But by that logic, he should have reacted much less acceptingly to Hayley planning to take the child away - by Elijah's own logic expounded, the injustice to Klaus should have been clear.

I love Elijah, but the way the series has been showing his increasingly blinkered adoration of Hayley - to the point where he doesn't even dwell on her plan to take away his brother's child (Klaus's enemies could find Hayley and Hope anyway, but without Klaus there to effectively strategize) - is confounding.

Hopefully Hayley - in presence *and* mention - will be at a minimum, unless they are willing to stop thrusting the path of "Hayley should have whatever she wants, and anyone hurting Hayley in retaliation is unforgivable" for Elijah.

His anger about Gia being killed is understandable, but none of the siblings have been hesitant about endangering or killing off each other's pawns if necessary.

Elijah can get all angry for gia and I would totally understand that but plz don't go for hayley you deserve much better than her.

Also yes klaus is being betrayed left and right but no considers it has a betrayal. They all make excuses. This was not the way elijah used to be. Remember when elijah apologies to klaus for thinking klaus will use hope to create hybrids. But now at every turn whenever they betray klaus they just make excuses like you don't share your plans so we made a new plan. 

Didn't elijah helps klaus in killing Katherine to break the spell eventhough he liked her too. That was okay but now everything klaus does is wrong. 

I know klaus has million faults and most of the time elijah and Rebecca are right to not trust him. But when it comes to hope they should have let him take decisions. 

leelaa9

--Pro.vo.King-- IF-Dazzler
--Pro.vo.King--
--Pro.vo.King--

Posted: 17 July 2015 at 1:19am | IP Logged
I have stragically avoided threads such as this one  since i was yet to watch season 2 & i didnt want to read any spoilers here , but now that i am done with season 2 i decided to peek in here LOL .. and wow , it seems most TO viewers are pro-Klaus , so i definitely am in minority .. may be its the TVD effect , i straightaway started watching TO , so there's that to consider but i find Klaus an insufferable whiny maniac monster who deserves to suffer , whatever little to negligible soft spot i have for Klaus is bcoz of Micheal , what Micheal did was monstrous , something which turned Klaus into the insufferable monster that he is now , other than that there is no way that i could ever sympathize with Klaus .. its been over a 1000 yrs & he is still clinging on to his daddy issues - somebody should tell him its time to move on.. LOL .. i hate Elijah for not telling him that ..LOL ..Klaus has been coddled up for far too long .. good that Elijah has finally come to his senses & withdrew his support from this pathetic excuse for a brother ( however brief it may be LOL ) , i liked it .. Big smile

The season 2 climax - mixed feelings .. happy that hope was safe but the final scene with Klaus & Hope , where Klaus is reading her a bedtime story , i am sure that scene was meant to be a father-daughter reunion heart-warming scene , but it had the exact opposite effect on me , it was infuriating for me to watch Hope with him while Hope's mother is out there serving her punishment for ever daring to cross Klaus .. Dead .. i hope Hope grows up to hate Klaus ( highly unlikely ) , if not that Hope should somehow be separated from Klaus , that ought to teach him a lesson , well it wont , Klaus never learns his lessons , the only thing he will do is whine & then whine some more about how he is the one who was wronged 'always & forever'  Dead but at least i ll have my satisfaction of seeing a heartbroken Klaus when Hope is taken away from him , oh the sadistic me .. LOL

Edited by Quixotic-Frenzy - 17 July 2015 at 1:48am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

flutterbyNitaReid

NitaReid IF-Sizzlerz
NitaReid
NitaReid

Posted: 17 July 2015 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Oh come on Akash. I might be pro klaus or whatever and my judgements must be a bit clouded. I agree with all that. 
But you are justifying hayley actions. Why oh why. If her decisions were intelligent i would be okay with the whole double crossing because klaus did the same but her plan was freaking stupid 

Come on do you think hope would have been safe with hayley and her powerless husband. So if you find Hayley plan to be intelligent then let me know how so.

--Pro.vo.King--

Go to top