Decoding Sher Singh [11 May-15 May] updt pg2

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

11 May to 13 May

Just caught up with this week's episodes & I'm loving it. Read some posts on the forum, calling it filler episodes because there wasn't much of Sher/Shraddha. I think we all need to understand that this show cannot function solely on Sher/Shraddha. The other characters, the workings of their mind, their stories are important for Sher/Shraddha's story to move forward. We need to appreciate the writers & team for the work they are doing & have done so far in giving such interesting dynamics & characters, beyond Sher/Shraddha. It just makes the show & their story more interesting😛

Back to my actual post, I have to say that the bond between these three characters is very sweet & heartwarming. All three of them seem to have a similar fate, though different positions in the house. One is the DIL, though she was 'bought' by Bhanvari Devi for Sher's happiness. One is an orphan cum servant/son who was 'bought' to be put to use, given that he is an orphan. And the last one, another servant 'bought' to pay off her father's debt. In a house of power struggles, bondage, guns, liquor & darkness, they are truly the only light who represent some hope & positivity, even though their very identity or existence has been 'bought' & bonded to this house. I did not mention Sher because he has good intentions & his want to win Shraddha's love without force, is indeed noble, but in all this its obvious that his character is very much like someone-on-the edge & so are his emotions. One little thing could cause him to turn to the bad, dark side, & another could possibly turn him very positive. And that is very scary. In his scene with Shraddha, he promises support in that he CAN bring her to her house if he wants, but on other hand, he advises her to run away, knowing very well the repercussions of that. He wants to play with fire & confront it, but at the same time, he expects to come out of it, victoriously without any pain. Oh Sher, you will soon realise that you can't sit on the fence, be it with people or with your emotions. 

Can't wait for the mess that is going to come out of this. 

I am not very good with expressing my thoughts, so I would love for all who read this to share their thoughts :)

Cheers,
Samridhi

SEE pg2 for more!

Edited by prc_fan1 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WinniethePooh. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Samridhi, I just started watching this show after I saw your post!! And I am still at last week's last episodes..so I will comment after I watch this week's episodes. But thanks for introducing me to this show. I am loving it! You are right about Sher he has got this dangerous edge to him.. though he appears positive & not as bad but there are instances when you can see hints of his dark side.. like when he 'threatens' Shraddha's friend for instigating Shraddha against him or the way he reached her house when she did not say bye to him.. he does it all in a sweet way without being rude but at the same time manages to establish fear in the other person.. he is a very interesting character. And I like the other characters as well..very interesting dynamics... special mention to BD though, she is such an awesome lady don. Narayani is amazing in this, can't believe she was the sweet Rimjhim in Piya Ka Ghar.
Edited by EBPfan - 8 years ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: EBPfan

Samridhi, I just started watching this show after I saw your post!! And I am still at last week's last episodes..so I will comment after I watch this week's episodes. But thanks for introducing me to this show. I am loving it! You are right about Sher he has got this dangerous edge to him.. though he appears positive & not as bad but there are instances when you can see hints of his dark side.. like when he 'threatens' Shraddha's friend for instigating Shraddha against him or the way he reached her house when she did not say bye to him.. he does it all in a sweet way without being rude but at the same time manages to establish fear in the other person.. he is a very interesting character. And I like the other characters as well..very interesting dynamics... special mention to BD though, she is such an awesome lady don. Narayani is amazing in this, can't believe she was the sweet Rimjhim in Piya Ka Ghar.

OMG you here? Seriously I have no doubts anymore that you're stalking me LOL. Whichever show I start watching, you end up there!! 

@bold : WORD!

And yes, Sher has this dangerous edge to him. He is extremely unpredictable. He can be seriously calm one minute, & be angry the other minute. That's one of the most intriguing things about him. I still wonder about his first meeting with Shraddha. Those people were trying to rape her.. he dealed with them very calmly (maybe it was about creating a good first impression) but with his own brothers who were chasing her, he used the stick. On one hand, he talks about wanting her approval, her love, but on the other hand, he doesn't release her & even tries to get close to her when he sees her with Virat. He's a tough nut to crack but very interesting one😆

Narayani is an amazing disovery! I used to watch Piya Ka Ghar back then with my family..like what 11 years ago? Rimjhim/Avinash were uber cute:)
Still amazed that she has this side to her..but I guess that's what acting is about right. 

And yes, very interesting dynamics in this show beyond Sher/Shraddha.. At the moment, I am quite interested in Sumer/Gajra's equation as well as their budding friendship with Shraddha. I am also interested in Virat/Sumer's upcoming rivalry. And of course, BD's love/hate relationship with her MIL😆
Vikas & his uncle are slightly predictable.. but looking forward to see if something interesting is done with them. 

This show has the potential to last long with so many interesting characters that could lead to so many amazing tracks! Let's see what's in store..
VellaGirl thumbnail

Nice post, Samridhi. I think you write well since EBP days..
I am liking their bonding as well. Its very sweet. Much needed support for each other in that dark world. I know that Sher is ultimately going to be a great husband to Shraddha but right now he is sitting on the fence as you said & that is going to be bad for Shraddha. She definitely needs Sher's support, esp against BD. That dangerous edge to him is going to be his ace card against BD. 

P.S your siggy..Eeeksss!!!!! Kesar/Gulaal's classic 'pareshani' scene, one of my favourites <3
-RadzLuvShakti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Great post !!!👏👏
Really agree with u , they are so good , ⭐️
im loving Sumer & gajra's scenes...those are so cute & adorable to watch...

Yeah we missed some SherDha scene yesterday, but the episode was really entertaining, 
Loved Sher's Expressions & Mama jii, bikas, & Sumer & gajra scenes !!! i  enjoyed alot !!!!!!

The show has so much awesomeness in it , 😆
it is very enjoyable to watch...waiting for SherDha & sumer & gajra scene's...
also some Mamajii, bikas tooo !!! thy are so entertaining😆

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: VellaGirl

Nice post, Samridhi. I think you write well since EBP days..
I am liking their bonding as well. Its very sweet. Much needed support for each other in that dark world. I know that Sher is ultimately going to be a great husband to Shraddha but right now he is sitting on the fence as you said & that is going to be bad for Shraddha. She definitely needs Sher's support, esp against BD. That dangerous edge to him is going to be his ace card against BD. 

P.S your siggy..Eeeksss!!!!! Kesar/Gulaal's classic 'pareshani' scene, one of my favourites <3

Nice to see a lot familiar people on this forum :)
Shraddha definitely needs Sher's support but she shouldn't be dependent on him. Like what Sher said, she needs to deal with BD on her own. Him taking her side all the time will only make things worse. If you think about it, what he said was quite mature. Husband should not come in between MIL & DIL; they require their space & should try to sort things out on their own first. 

And don't even talk about Gulaal. I still miss that show so much..it hurts. So many shows came & went but nothing can be as good as Gulaal. It was truly a masterpiece. 
And that pic of KG in your siggy box...damn that scene was haunting!! I am still amazed as to how powerful it was even though they said nothing. Time just froze along with them..& i still find it cute that Kesar fell asleep while Gulaal almost looked dead :(
OK I will PM you to continue this discussion. Wrong forum to discuss all this!
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: -RadzLuvShakti

Great post !!!👏👏

Really agree with u , they are so good , ⭐️
im loving Sumer & gajra's scenes...those are so cute & adorable to watch...

Yeah we missed some SherDha scene yesterday, but the episode was really entertaining, 
Loved Sher's Expressions & Mama jii, bikas, & Sumer & gajra scenes !!! i  enjoyed alot !!!!!!

The show has so much awesomeness in it , 😆
it is very enjoyable to watch...waiting for SherDha & sumer & gajra scene's...
also some Mamajii, bikas tooo !!! thy are so entertaining😆

Agreed. This show is entertaining. I love your DP! Is it just me.. or Kirtida looks different in different scenes sometimes? Like her first meeting with Sher...she looked very different from now & in that promo pic of yours she looks very different. I have to remind myself sometimes that its the same actress. Is it just me?
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

NEXT PAGE for 14-15 May :)
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

I decided to continue my analysis in this thread because I realised this week's episodes seem to focus on the two things I mentioned in my initial post - 
1. Shraddha/Sumer/Gajra's beautiful bond - flicker of light in darkness 
2. Sher Singh - The mystery😆

The episodes on Thur, Fri [14 May - 15 May] I think further confirmed my opinion about Sher's character. He has a bad side. And it came to surface fully, for the first time in these two episodes. This line of his very accurately sums up his character,
"When I am good, I am the best. When I am bad, I am the worst."

That is Sher Singh for you. He might look like a confusing character. But he's not. He's all about reciprocity. He gives you back what you give him. When he first met Shraddha, he was instantly attracted, & like a charming man, he extended his hand out, which she took. So he took it one step further. He offered his hand again, but she didn't take it. She looked back at him while walking away, & that was the signal for him. So he reached her house, with the proposal. The next time he met her, she fell to his feet, apologized & honestly shared her feelings about this alliance, & he accepted. He backed off, with a heavy heart. She approached him again, but this time she made the proposal. He was skeptical, but he accepted, happy at the thought of getting her love. On the wedding night, just when he was about to begin his new life & newfound happiness, she spilled the beans. She rejected him & told him that she never wanted this marriage. He was insulted, he was rejected for the second time, that too after she was the one who brought the proposal again. Her rejection invoked that bad side, that arrogance. But his mother's bad behaviour with Shraddha came in between & stopped his bad side from surfacing. His arrogance, however, remained & so he didn't help her. He didn't bring her to her grandmother's house, he refused to stand up for her infront of all. 

He told her clearly to escape without anyone finding out, but again her mother discovered this. And there we saw it, the real evil & mean side of Sher Singh. All the emotions came out in that scene when he made Shraddha hit Sumer. His anger as to why she didn't heed his instructions to not get caught. His arrogance with the woman who rejected him, pleading infront of him. His possessiveness that Sumer & Gajra were privy to her plans, they are important to her but he is not. Flashback to when Sher was drunk, he questioned Shraddha as to why she did not speak to him before marriage, about his mother blackmailing her. He hates it. He hates being kept in the dark, especially when it comes to someone he loves. 

I don't think that he doesn't love Shraddha. He does. The issue, in my opinion, is 
1. that he doesn't know how to love. Notice that BD displays her affections for Sher in a very twisted, rather than maternal way. She does it by constantly implying her right on him, on his life & her love for him. But she never actually sits with him, makes conversations with him. That is the kind of love he is used to. And that is exactly what Sher is doing with Shraddha. 

2. he is at a crossroad & he is not sure of the road to choose - he wanted Shraddha to accept him out of love but instead he is now stuck in a marriage which he can't just break but can't accept either because she does not love him. He is constantly tormented by the fact that he has been forced into this unwanted bond, even though he wants it at the same time.  

All his emotions are in a mess. And with BD & Vikas constantly instigating him, it is getting more difficult for him to keep the growing volcano within him. And the past two episodes were just a trailer of the eruption. There is a lot more to come. Virat's entry is not going to make things any better. For Sher to truly become Shraddha's protector, like we see in the first promo of the show, he needs to deal with all these emotions. And Shraddha needs to make the first step. A quiet, scared Shraddha is only making things more difficult. 

Looking forward to your thoughts!!
Ilin thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@prc_fan loved your analysis you have summarized Sher's character very well 👏

Makes me understand who Sher Singh really is.. Thank u 😃