Nope to Elope (or was it acceptable?)

Poll Question :

Was Pragya correct in helping Akash and Rachna elope?

Poll Choice
Yup
Nope
Login To Vote
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey guys just felt like making a poll mostly, 

Many times I agree with Pragya's lecture towards some people but this time I do not. She seemed sensible and believed in milawat and uniting but this is strictly not done, sorry to say. Her last minute decision to unite AshNa (Akash + Rachna) was quite irresponsible. 

She should have spoke to daadi regarding her opinion to unite AshNa, not make a mockery of the other girl and her family (and the Mehra family). 

However, many would say that Daadi made the decision to get Akash married in one day so Pragya really had no option but to get AshNa married before they were to be forever separated. Rachna to be left with the responsibility of single-handedly raising her baby.

What do you guys think? Was Pragya's favor in AshNa eloping the right decision?

Edit: Many also think (including me now) that Pragya may have had an ulterior motive behind what she has done - making herself look bad so Tanu and Abhi can unite. 

Edited by IamMeethu - 8 years ago
Originally posted by IamMeethu

Hey guys just felt like making a poll mostly, 

Many times I agree with Pragya's lecture towards some people but this time I do not. She seemed sensible and believed in milawat and uniting but this is strictly not done, sorry to say. Her last minute decision to unite AshNa (Akash + Rachna) was quite irresponsible. 

She should have spoke to daadi regarding her opinion to unite AshNa, not make a mockery of the other girl and her family (and the Mehra family). 

However, many would say that Daadi made the decision to get Akash married in one day so Pragya really had no option but to get AshNa married before they were to be forever separated. Rachna to be left with the responsibility of single-handedly raising her baby.

What do you guys think? Was Pragya's favor in AshNa eloping the right decision?

I think that besides doing the right thing in getting them married, Pragya sees this as an opportunity to fall from grace and be thrown out so that pregnant Tanu can get in.
Aakash and Rachna were not babies. They could decide to tell their elders themselves that they want to marry. Mehras had thought Rachna does not want to marry Aakash and that's why they had set up Aakash's wedding with Sudha so that he can restart his life (one day is too hurried, yet!).
Pragya asking them to marry without informing the either Mehras or Srivastavas not only showed was not needed. Daadi/Suresh could have told in a better way by Rachna-Aakash themselves (helped by Pragya) and everyone would have agreed to this.
But we all know that Pragya had other motives too, so makes me feel even worse about it.

The whole thing was not only disrespectful to the Mehras, Srivastavas but even Sudha and her family.
Edited by -Tia- - 8 years ago
Hi Pookie, thanks.
I think this would mostly help her to fall in the eyes of her in-laws, but it's probably not her primary goal to achieve (it's probably the CVs' goal though ;).
Originally posted by -Tia-

Aakash and Rachna were not babies. They could decide to tell their elders themselves that they want to marry. Mehras had thought Rachna does not want to marry Aakash and that's why they had set up Aakash's wedding with Sudha so that he can restart his life (one day is too hurried, yet!).
Pragya asking them to marry without informing the either Mehras or Srivastavas not only showed was not needed. Daadi/Suresh could have told in a better way by Rachna-Aakash themselves (helped by Pragya) and everyone would have agreed to this.
But we all know that Pragya had other motives too, so makes me feel even worse about it.

The whole thing was not only disrespectful to the Mehras, Srivastavas but even Sudha and her family.

Exactly! Thanks, Tia.

Pragya had other motives? Like she actually thought of the Tanu thing when she was doing this?
Originally posted by IamMeethu

Exactly! Thanks, Tia.

Pragya had other motives? Like she actually thought of the Tanu thing when she was doing this?

I think she did. She has been thinking parallels between Aakash-Rachna and Abhi-Tannu. A lot of her lines to Abhi and even speeches today have such meanings.
Why did she not try to take these two home and convince Daadi or Suresh/his mom? She went straight to marriage, which was not required. Sudha's family would have stepped back on their own if they realized Aakash had a pregnant GF!
Yeah, it was acceptable. An 'ends justifies means' case in point. Rachna and Aakash will be better off together than apart, since they have accepted the idea to build a life together. Everything else is collateral damage. It'll fade in time. 
I think it was last minute decision thing. Pragya has evolved into a bad decision maker lately and she has a lot going on (I mean finding out your husband's girlfriend is pregnant is no joke). Pragya really hasn't been shown to be an advantage user. In fact, she is the one who gets used when advantage arise.
But I see your point. See, the way Pragya said, "I got them married." to the Mehra's made me feel uneasy. Like she did some kind of a mahaan thing. Yeah whatever. ðŸ¤”
I loved the way she said that. Taking responsibility and coming to the forefront, willing to defend and argue for her decision. 
I would have loved this tone of her if it was used in better situations. Maybe like convincing Daadi about AshNa marrying before they ran off and got married. That tone would have been much more appropriate then, I feel.