Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
he got paid like 32 crore for it...if us normal people work on something and it isnt a success then we definitely will receive a paycut! but not actors...and yet they whine...I wonder how his friend must feel
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

DP was bashed when she said she went by director's vision. Now what?

Saying you went by the director's vision when you are essentially acting & playing a character on screen is  a lot different from saying it was the director's vision in a woman empowerment video where you are talking/  expressing your views on a subject in your own capacity as Deepika Padukone, not Naina or Meenamma ðŸ˜†

Anyways, on topic, whether its Ranbir or Deepika or any actor for that matter, once your work receives criticism/ the film flops, i think its tacky to talk about it & shift the blame on someone else..Just shut up & take responsibility..
LSctt thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This is why I dislike ranbir as much as dp! Both as frustrating as each other
Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Saying you went by the director's vision when you are essentially acting & playing a character on screen is  a lot different from saying it was the director's vision in a woman empowerment video where you are talking/  expressing your views on a subject in your own capacity as Deepika Padukone, not Naina or Meenamma ðŸ˜†

Anyways, on topic, whether its Ranbir or Deepika or any actor for that matter, once your work receives criticism/ the film flops, i think its tacky to talk about it & shift the blame on someone else..Just shut up & take responsibility..

She's just a dumbass plain and simple...😆
CANNOT thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tinah

he got paid like 32 crore for it...if us normal people work on something and it isnt a success then we definitely will receive a paycut! but not actors...and yet they whine...I wonder how his friend must feel

32crore for Bombay Velvet not Roy
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
From the songs and little promos I've seen he looked great after a looong time after Rajneeti 😳

Anyway, don't call it a wrong choice Ranbir, you did it out of compassion for your friend:)
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I don't get why everyone gets so worked up if an actor says that a role or film was a mistake.
Dude, they are just criticizing their judgement at joining a project. Someone once said an actor is as good or bad as their film choices. Which is very true. You choose a film wisely. Sometimes you strike gold. Sometimes you miscalculate and misunderstand what a project will turn out to be.

It's VERY different from a public service announcement, which is more like an endorsement. 
You lend your name to a PSA, if you endorse something, you can't just say you disagree with it. It's not a role or a film. It's a message. 
FILMS are not messages. 
You will enact roles that you disagree with, you'll play a villain, you'll do things in that film that you'll never do in real life. For instance, Saif in Omkara. How is that endorsing anything? That's nothing like him in real life. It's a project he calculated to be interesting, and joined in. Not endorsing anything.

It's a choice actors make every day. Some are good, some are bad. Just because an actor in hindsight says a particular film was not a good idea does NOT mean he's blaming director/producer.

Ranbir's blaming himself. That for whatever reason, it didn't pan out the way he/she thought.
Let it go. Stop painting celebs out to be bad in every way.

On this forum, if an actor stands by a crappy film, they're mocked at. Like YEAH right. 
I remember when Hrithik defended Kites as "it's a different flavor" he was painted like a sore loser.
But if Saif admits that Humshakals was a bad film, then he's ALSO a sore loser.

Heads you win, tails I lose. Lose lose situation for celebs on IF
Edited by desigal90 - 8 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
And Ranbir fans claim Roy isn't his film ðŸ˜†
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ouch Ranbir...it's one thing to accept a mistake on a creative level, it's another thing to place blame, especially on a friend
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Saying you did that coz no one was ready to work with him
Very very tacky

Besharam indeed