Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ranbir K calls "Roy" was the Wrong Choice

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Earlier this year Ranbir Kapoor was seen in a special appearance in Roy' which starred Arjun Rampal and Jacqueline Fernandez. There was a lot of controversy surrounding the film which bombed at the box office. Kapoor has admitted that doing the film wasn't a good decision.
Kapoor is currently on a promotional spree for the forthcoming Bombay Velvet' in which he will be seen opposite Anushka Sharma for the first time. He spoke about Roy', according to Deccan Chronicle, "At times when I have agreed to work for friendship, I have realized my folly. Belonging to a family of actors, audiences expect a lot from me. Roy was a wrong choice but I decided to work in it because no one was ready to work for my friend. However, now I have realized that friendship and professionalism need to be dealt with separately".
The actor also spoke about the recent Dadasaheb Phalke Award given to Shashi Kapoor, "This is indeed a great moment for the family. Prithviraj Kapoor, Raj Kapoor also received the award. Unfortunately Shammi Kapoor could not get it. I remember Shashi chacha would tell me so many tales and jokes. He is my favorite chacha. I am happy that Shashi's Kapoor's audio for his achievements has been dubbed by me. But I am deeply saddened because Shashi Ji is not able to recognize me any more".
Bombay Velvet' is directed by Anurag Kashyap and is set for release on 15th May.
- See more at: http://www.media247.co.uk/showbiz/ranbir-kapoor-calls-roy-the-wrong-choice-2015#sthash.9vOXIgAa.dpuf

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simran422 thumbnail
Not recognize you?? What does that mean??
behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Ohh come on u did do that movie just for friendship...you charged a heavy remuneration too... ab movie flop to friend pe blame daal dia
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
I always wonder why these actor need to clarify
I mean you already did the movie it flopped..
Why do they need to tell us, that it was a mistake, what can we do for them at this point?? 😆

I don't think I will ever get that
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: simran422

Not recognize you?? What does that mean??

alzheimers probably
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Keep plugging the new release Jeez.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
DP was bashed when she said she went by director's vision. Now what?
walkashame thumbnail
He would have called Besharam a wrong choice also if Abhinav wasn't Anurag's brother.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
N dey praised him for owning up to his failed film beshram
😃
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: BeinCumberbitch

I always wonder why these actor need to clarify
I mean you already did the movie it flopped..
Why do they need to tell us, that it was a mistake, what can we do for them at this point?? 😆

I don't think I will ever get that

I think it's like Pallavi said above, there is an element of blame here directed at the friend. He's even saying that no one wanted to do his friend's movie.  So basically he did his friend a huge favor by doing his horrible film, or so he wants us to believe now.