Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
@ Mallika E Bhais: are you team Mellie?? YES! Mellie is the queen! Haha Bellamy plays the role withsuch finesse  compared with Kerry Washington. Kerry haslimited  scope as an actress
Olivia and Fitz can have their lame Vermont... I just want Mellie to be happy 😆
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's not even about the accent. She looks COMPLETELY out of place with her melodramatic bollywood acting. Just look at the scene where she is walking to the bomb site..she is acting as if she catwalking on a ramp. And all the crying and "aaa and the sky falls'' crap is unbearable. 
I think she would've been better off in a show where there wasn't too emphasis on her being american and trying to save 'her' country. 
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: rosetreasures

@ Mallika E Bhais: are you team Mellie?? YES! Mellie is the queen! Haha Bellamy plays the role withsuch finesse  compared with Kerry Washington. Kerry haslimited  scope as an actress

Yes yes yes yes!!!! The way Pope could've been played, there would've been actual empowerment for the character but she's good- Just not as good as she's made out to be is all am saying. The only thing fantastic about her is her dressing sense. ðŸ˜† When people go on & on about Pope, I scratch my head & wonder why b/c she over-acts & has a creepy stare, I've watched 2 seasons b/c I was made to & I never understood the hype. It's an immensely popular show but I never understood the appeal. But Mellie. Oh man Mellie. I would be sooo scared of her!!!! OMG. There's such vulnerability, strength, grace, passion & a certain sort of evil she has that really really scares me yet fascinates me. I love that woman!!! She ain't my sort of pal- ðŸ˜† But I love her for how flawed, real yet dramatic she is. There are layers that Bellamy Young brings to Mellie that are pretty awesome to watch. A lesser actress would've ruined Mellie or worse, made her a caricature. ðŸ˜† On that whole darn show, it's Bellamy & Portia D'Rossi (the few clips I watched of her) that stand out & blink neon orange b/c the rest are strictly above average. 

Bellamy should get awards & I just want Mellie to be happy, throw pseudo-survivors Pope & Fitz into a cabin with the keys outside, murder her FIL, migrate to Paris & live on a vineyard bungalow. Her nerves desperately require that. ðŸ˜†  ðŸ˜†
Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 8 years ago

If you haven't, you HAVE to watch Viola Davis on HTGAWM. Meryl Streep says she's better than her. She is. 

I've nothing more to say. 
WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I'm a long time Shona lover...Grey's Anatomy & Mer-Der and all of that so already have seen HTGAWM :) ...Viola is amazing as Annalise Keating but damn I was not expecting that season finale LOL

Yep...Bellamy plays Mellie so well. Initially Mellie was just the wife who ignored "poor" Fitz but really there are so many layers to her! And I just love how Bellamy emotes with her facial expressions. Especially when Mellie is breaking down...there is something so raw about it. 

Olivia is lame...and I'm pretty much done with her Papa Pope drama. Portia has been phenomenal though! Especially when she walks...that lady's got some swagger lol

Edited by rosetreasures - 8 years ago
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

The average movie going American who is not of Middle Eastern or Indo-Pak decent has no clue who SRK or Aishwarya or Amitabh Bachchan are. The closest they've come to anything Bollywood has been Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire, and Bend It Like Beckham a few years ago. But quite a few popular American TV shows have either Indian or American-Indian actors. So Americans are very accepting of artists of Indian decent or any other background. But the material presented to them has to be relatable to them. Bollywood really isn't.

You shld reviews on Netflix abt BW movies..
Esp DDLJ...there a lot of American audience familiar with Indian actors n actresses..
Things are changing for the better :)
kitkataha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Not sure why she's so concerned about American Indians, given that she has never lived in America (two years is not enough) nor is she familiar with the traditions. Indians in America are doing just fine, we do not need her to bestow us with any favors. I rather have a born/brought up Indian, like Mindy, attempt to defy stereotypes than a wannabee like her. Just say that you want to market yourself to a wider platform, hence the American TV show.

I'm a long time Shona lover...Grey's Anatomy & Mer-Der and all of that so already have seen HTGAWM :) ...Viola is amazing as Annalise Keating but damn I was not expecting that season finale LOL

Yep...Bellamy plays Mellie so well. Initially Mellie was just the wife who ignored "poor" Fitz but really there are so many layers to her! And I just love how Bellamy emotes with her facial expressions. Especially when Mellie is breaking down...there is something so raw about it. 

Olivia is lame...and I'm pretty much done with her Papa Pope drama. Portia has been phenomenal though! Especially when she walks...that lady's got some swagger lol

Oh I've never been a fan , I only watch HTGAWM. Viola, Jack, Conrad, Annalise & Coliver = Breathtaking!!!! <3 

Yes there is an innocent sort of cunning on her face, you actually empathise with her- Very difficult to do with a character like hers but this is the difference between a Kerry & a Bellamy, lol!! Love the way she plays her, she's so bloddy talented. 

Ikr, I watched a few clips & I was so impressed by Portia! She's such a good actress! I used to love Arrested  Develeopment, so watched her there too & she was as good. She should come more on tv.
Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 8 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
I think people are being too harsh here. Her American accent may not be perfect..but I'm not too sure why everything seems to start and end there? I thought her acting was fine in the trailer..and more importantly, to bag an American show in this time and age is pretty impressive. She's also the lead of this show. Even, Aishwariya couldn't bag anything of such sorts during her time trying to take India global or whatever. Priyanka is probably the only Indian actor who is actually making it international..no other Bollywood actor has gotten such commercial work..and I think it's commendable for PC. If this was Salman Khan or SRK, all their fangirls would be rejoicing and here all you see is people nitpicking PC's accent. Whether or not the show works, gets canceled, gets renewed etc is a different story..but, I like PC's intent and I hope the show works out for her..
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: BeinCumberbitch

You shld reviews on Netflix abt BW movies..
Esp DDLJ...there a lot of American audience familiar with Indian actors n actresses..
Things are changing for the better :)

Things are definitely changing, but I don't believe at a significant enough rate. Nothing online, whether Netflix or message forums are an accurate indication of the general audience. I live, went to school, and work in what is considered a middle class mostly, but not all, Caucasian suburbs of a big metropolitan American city. None of my friends, coworkers or acquaintances have a clue what Bollywood is. My friends know I listen to "Indian" music but that's about it.

But going back to you saying things are changing, American Suburbia is also getting an increase of Asian population so they are becoming part of the consumers and the supply is changing accordingly. One town over from me the theater shows big Bollywood films for one weekend. HNY and Bang Bang were each shown for one weekend. PK was an anomaly because it was running for several weeks twice a day showings. Nothing has been shown since PK.