Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

So much discussion on her accent?!

I'll say, people here in India, especially those who are too vain do speak with a weird fake accent. That is NOT American, Canadian or English...some crappy accent that each cooks up on his own. So PC's doesn't surprise me at all πŸ˜† neither does Madhuri's gloating over "Amerr-ica".

Mads is that weird accent that Indians grow into! the one which isn't Indian but has an American influence. That wasn't faked. It happens naturally. There was a "twang" to her voice , SRK used to hVe a little fun with that in few IVs. πŸ˜†  πŸ˜†
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

This is bang on, I find PC's attempts to fit in & constantly state how "she grew up in America", very amusing. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†Studying somewhere, for a few years, doesn't mean that she "grew up" in that country, by that logic I've grown up in a quite a few countries. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

That said, she definitely doesn't have a typical  Indian accent. Women like Lara  Dutta, PC, Ash, Sush do not have "Indian" accents or rather, the west, America's perception of them. 

Americans are warm, very friendly & open from my experience, and culturally curious esp if the culture is Indian but asking Indians whether they play with snakes & do they have to walk to school is probably not the best way to endear yourself to an Indian. πŸ˜† This has actually happened to me but yes, my experience dealing with Americans is limited, so maybe these are just a handful of ignoramuses. 

Yes, she went to high school here, but grew up a little bit. Not the full on though.. Lol, you could say I have half grown up in few countries.

P.C. might not have the typical Indian accent, but she definitely does not have the 100%. She does not sound like a local here. Good luck to her though.. She is hardworking, ambitious, and going so far. She getting a prime time show on ABC is a huge deal. Maybe,her show become a success and pick up.ABC network is actually trying to bring diversity in television. Thank God, they are doing something better than stupid Bachelor show they air.😑

Yes, most of them are culturally curious , warm and friendly. We are.😳Lol, you were asked that..πŸ˜† I was asked whether I had a green card even though I am citizen of this  country.I was asked whether people dance in the street. What's up with the cows?🀣

No Trip, there are Americans who can be really ignorant and very stereotypical. Than , they are who can be very curious and will ask you in a polite way. They are who are actually very aware and educated. You can't generalize  :)

^ ABC really has brought in lot of diversity thanks to Shonda land. Yes, getting a show on ABC is a huge deal so I am happy, I can see her make it well on US telly if she plays her cards right! She's one of the few who can. 
I know, am not generalizing. I already said my experience is woefully limited with Americans but the ones I dealt with were highly educated but stupendously ignorant. Lot of difference between being educated & being aware, my love. πŸ˜Š
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
This trailer was shared by Grey's Anatomy FB page and one of the highest liekd comment was a white American male saying how stunning the leading lady aka PC is in it. 
She's not there to break stereotypes, she's there to do some work and hopefully get more Indian women their own prime time shows. I mean Scandal is doing so well and ABC wants to diversify their demographic and viewership. 

I want her to make it b/c there's so many that want to pull her down for no reason. Criticizing her accent, her show, her work is absolutely fine...but there's some that are simply envious for no good reason.
Petal_Pose thumbnail

^ ABC really has brought in lot of diversity thanks to Shonda land. Yes, getting a show on ABC is a huge deal so I am happy, I can see her make it well on US telly if she plays her cards right! She's one of the few who can. 

I know, am not generalizing. I already said my experience is woefully limited with Americans but the ones I dealt with were highly educated but stupendously ignorant. Lot of difference between being educated & being aware, my love. πŸ˜Š

Yes, they have :) I am glad they are bringing new shows to break barrier and stereotypes.Yes, that too at a prime slot in Fall. I am happy for her too. If she makes it big on telly world, she can venture in to Hollywood too. She has all the combo. :) 

Yes, they can.πŸ˜†Education does not change a person's outlook. Many idiotic politician are evidence of that how some Americans can be highly ignorant, but have the dumbest logic for a lot of outlook in life.πŸ˜† Yes, it is :)
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Originally posted by: ibelieveinpink

This trailer was shared by Grey's Anatomy FB page and one of the highest liekd comment was a white American male saying how stunning the leading lady aka PC is in it. 

She's not there to break stereotypes, she's there to do some work and hopefully get more Indian women their own prime time shows. I mean Scandal is doing so well and ABC wants to diversify their demographic and viewership. 

I want her to make it b/c there's so many that want to pull her down for no reason. Criticizing her accent, her show, her work is absolutely fine...but there's some that are simply envious for no good reason.

Ohh, men here cannot resist looks like her . I hope she does . :) Love love Scandal. It's one of the best product of ABC right now.

I want her to make it big too. For me, she just does sound like here , that's all. I think she will get better with it as time passes by. I hope the show is success and good luck to her as I have always said. B/c people have nothing better to do.
Originally posted by: ibelieveinpink

Exactly this Het. With you on this one.
Originally posted by: siberianpigeon

Ohh, men here cannot resist looks like her . I hope she does . :) Love love Scandal. It's one of the best product of ABC right now.

I want her to make it big too. For me, she just does sound like here , that's all. I think she will get better with it as time passes by. I hope the show is success and good luck to her as I have always said. B/c people have nothing better to do.

Scandal's really boring & Olivia Pope is a very annoying character, Kerry Washington is good but not as good as she's made out to be. Quite beautiful though & Pope's style is AHMAZING! 

From the show , Mellie is a darn,darn good character!!! So vicious, yet so vulnerable. Bellamy Young is a very very good actor! 

Well.. I've only a few words for you: HTGAWM. Coliver. Connor Walsh= JACK FALAHEE!!!!! <3
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: bafflingtulip

I'm sure the Hollywood celebs appreciate them etc. but the western media shows very little interest in anything that isn't European/American. That's why I'm curious to know while we deem SRK/Ash to be 'global' , we are only really referring to NRI's? How many Europeans/Americans actually know them is something I am curious about!

The average movie going American who is not of Middle Eastern or Indo-Pak decent has no clue who SRK or Aishwarya or Amitabh Bachchan are. The closest they've come to anything Bollywood has been Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire, and Bend It Like Beckham a few years ago. But quite a few popular American TV shows have either Indian or American-Indian actors. So Americans are very accepting of artists of Indian decent or any other background. But the material presented to them has to be relatable to them. Bollywood really isn't.
Petal_Pose thumbnail

Scandal's really boring & Olivia Pope is a very annoying character, Kerry Washington is good but not as good as she's made out to be. Quite beautiful though & Pope's style is AHMAZING! 

From the show , Mellie is a darn,darn good character!!! So vicious, yet so vulnerable. Bellamy Young is a very very good actor! 

Well.. I've only a few words for you: HTGAWM. Coliver. Connor Walsh= JACK FALAHEE!!!!! <3

Yeah, it can be boring and annoying, esp. Olivia Pope. Still, i love it. :) πŸ˜†Confession, have to yet catch up with the new season. I will try soon.:)

Ohh, Mellie, she portrays her character very well. 

I know, stop rubbing it on me so many times. I will watch few episodes this week ,ok meri Ma.  πŸ˜†