Reporters

India-Forums

Reporters
Reporters

Episode 18: There is no Right or Wrong.. (Page 3)

violette IF-Rockerz
violette
violette

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:24am | IP Logged
At the end of the day, it isn't about being morally right in journalism - They have to be able to look at themselves in the mirror, and be proud of what they've achieved.. And Kabir seems to have reached that gray place.. 

Wow! you stated that beautifully!  Ananya still thinks it can be all white!  Such nave girl!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Zannat.AeDilHaiMushkil

S0nalii IF-Rockerz
S0nalii
S0nalii

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:43am | IP Logged
beautifully analyzed whole episode.
Love ananya's slap, and kaya scene was awsome

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zannat.

-Anku- IF-Stunnerz
-Anku-
-Anku-

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:39am | IP Logged
That is a brilliant post. Loved reading the analysis of every character. I think there's no right or wrong in this situation. Ananya is getting emotional and is being sensitive. Any girl wouldn't want to go through an ordeal so soon after being in so much pain and turmoil already. She's understanding that and wanting to give Mahi that space to heal. But on the other hand she did inform Kabir she was getting Mahi, took 2 lakhs from the office for the deal. The money has gone, promos are aired promising a breaking news to the viewers, and now Ananya is taking decisions alone which she has no authority to do, plus she's lying. So I do not think that Kabir is wrong as a boss to be angry at her for it. He may look like he can do anything for news, but I am sure he knows how to do so in the parameters of right and wrong. He sure knows how to get justice to the rightful and not be inhuman. If the promos hadn't been aired I am sure he wouldn't be so angry in the first place. And without airing this news about the model, how will it help her or anyone. Awareness needs to be created. As a professional I do not see his stand as wrong. Plus the man has plans up his sleeves at every given point. Will wait to see what he'd do now. 

The conversation between the leads was very well written and executed. They acted amazingly well too. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

renjinivarmaAeDilHaiMushkil

Metis Moderator
Metis
Metis

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:38am | IP Logged
I totally missed you on Monday Wink, but nonetheless let's get to this one. And I'm really going to sum it up in a few sentences. 

I feel Evan Meekins quote really summed up the episode well.

I also remembered another quote as I watched that KaYa scene: The hardest decisions in life are not between good and bad or right and wrong, but between two goods or two rights. - Joe Andrew

For Ananya there were 2 paths: bring Mahi in and trust Kabir or hide her. And in both cases, she's both right and the choices are good. Yes I fully expected her to trust Kabir because somewhere I knew that Kabir wouldn't do wrong, but in that moment, in that second, after seeing Mahi's true state, I knew that somewhere Ananya wouldn't be able to do it (and no I do not read spoilers though I did read this one after the episode aired). Ananya is a journalist, but like she said, she isn't just about bringing the news to the table, but about bringing the truth out, about being sensitive, and not about sensationalizing news. And because of this she turned against the one person she trusts the most: Kabir.

On the other hand, Kabir feels deceived according to me. In the whole office, he stepped forward and shook hands with one person. He told her with that shake: I trust you, don't break it. And she turned around and broke it. Not with that stupid questionnaire, but by not trusting him back. And today he's out to prove that this misplaced trust is incorrect. I can just feel it.

Edited by KhotaSikaShreya - 13 May 2015 at 6:38am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Zannat.violetteAeDilHaiMushkilsirimiri

AeDilHaiMushkil IF-Rockerz
AeDilHaiMushkil
AeDilHaiMushkil

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhotaSikaShreya

I totally missed you on Monday Wink, but nonetheless let's get to this one. And I'm really going to sum it up in a few sentences. 

I also remembered another quote as I watched that KaYa scene: The hardest decisions in life are not between good and bad or right and wrong, but between two goods or two rights. - Joe Andrew

I missed you too.. Wink 
The moment she read out that his wife's name was Shreya, I was in a good mind to tease you.. LOL
Alas! Was working a night.. I did try to look out for your post though.. Ouch

For Ananya there were 2 paths: bring Mahi in and trust Kabir or hide her. And in both cases, she's both right and the choices are good. Yes I fully expected her to trust Kabir because somewhere I knew that Kabir wouldn't do wrong, but in that moment, in that second, after seeing Mahi's true state, I knew that somewhere Ananya wouldn't be able to do it (and no I do not read spoilers though I did read this one after the episode aired). Ananya is a journalist, but like she said, she isn't just about bringing the news to the table, but about bringing the truth out, about being sensitive, and not about sensationalizing news. And because of this she turned against the one person she trusts the most: Kabir.

Absolutely! And that doesn't make her weak.. She stood up to him yesterday, once again despite knowing that she was disappointing him, her hero and the man who offered her his gratitude and respect in front of the entire office.. That speaks a lot about her courage that went into making that decision.. 
Only, she has yet to be introduced to the uglier side of the truth.. Despite having a tragic past, she hasn't broken down but lives in a illusion that all is bright.. While her optimism, innocence and innate goodness is definitely needed for our hero to heal, she on the other hand has to learn to strike a balance, without being vulnerable to her emotions.. 
And who better than Mr. Sharma to teach her that! Wink

On the other hand, Kabir feels deceived according to me. In the whole office, he stepped forward and shook hands with one person. He told her with that shake: I trust you, don't break it. And she turned around and broke it. Not with that stupid questionnaire, but by not trusting him back. And today he's out to prove that this misplaced trust is incorrect. I can just feel it.

That he certainly does.. I really think he already knew that Ananya wasn't coming back with Mahi.. Perhaps Laxman informed him, or he just knows his stupid reporter well by now.. Tongue
That questionnaire although reminded him of his bitter past, he is way too strong mentally to let it affect him.. He brushed it away, and asked for those compiled answers just so he could analyse the mindset of the people he worked with.. 
Oh and btw, a lot of things were revealed eh.. Wink
No baby.. Hussh!! Cool  (Yeh toh humein bhi pata tha..) LOL

Tonight, he will spin a news around 'drugs and celebrities' according to the spoiler, which I'm assuming you haven't read yet. Tongue And manipulate the situation around, while buying some time.. 
Ananya, poor baby will have to face the consequences tonight.. 
What would hurt more than watching her idol shun her? 

Do you feel she might somehow agree to them covering 'Mahi's story' (of course, once Mahi recovers, and agrees to do it) and bring it up with Kabir? 
Coz either way, she'll realise that she was wrong in not trusting Kabir.. 
But in order to gain his trust back, she will have to put hers in his hands once again.. 

Or perhaps I'm expecting a bit too much.. LOL

Metis Moderator
Metis
Metis

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fantasia_junkie

Originally posted by KhotaSikaShreya

I missed you too.. Wink 
The moment she read out that his wife's name was Shreya, I was in a good mind to tease you.. LOL Eeks I went all weak! Day Dreaming Then I remembered his wife is probably someone who left him for money. Ouch
Alas! Was working a night.. I did try to look out for your post though.. Ouch Ah I don't feel like reviewing anymore because I watch the episode in my lunch break on quickie mode. There are so many changes happening in life now...

That he certainly does.. I really think he already knew that Ananya wasn't coming back with Mahi.. Perhaps Laxman informed him, or he just knows his stupid reporter well by now.. Tongue I suspect it to be the former given Laxman was following her. He probably also knows where Mahi is.
Oh and btw, a lot of things were revealed eh.. Wink Quite a bit. But nothing I wanted to hear. Wink
No baby.. Hussh!! Cool  (Yeh toh humein bhi pata tha..) LOL Obviously! LOL

Tonight, he will spin a news around 'drugs and celebrities' according to the spoiler, which I'm assuming you haven't read yet. Tongue And manipulate the situation around, while buying some time..  Nope haven't read it. It ruins the fun. Tongue
Ananya, poor baby will have to face the consequences tonight.. 
What would hurt more than watching her idol shun her? 

Do you feel she might somehow agree to them covering 'Mahi's story' (of course, once Mahi recovers, and agrees to do it) and bring it up with Kabir? 
Coz either way, she'll realise that she was wrong in not trusting Kabir.. 
But in order to gain his trust back, she will have to put hers in his hands once again.. 

Or perhaps I'm expecting a bit too much.. LOL I don't know. You have turned out to be right so far...touch wood. LOL

AeDilHaiMushkil

AeDilHaiMushkil IF-Rockerz
AeDilHaiMushkil
AeDilHaiMushkil

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Anku-

That is a brilliant post. Loved reading the analysis of every character. I think there's no right or wrong in this situation. Ananya is getting emotional and is being sensitive. Any girl wouldn't want to go through an ordeal so soon after being in so much pain and turmoil already. She's understanding that and wanting to give Mahi that space to heal. But on the other hand she did inform Kabir she was getting Mahi, took 2 lakhs from the office for the deal. The money has gone, promos are aired promising a breaking news to the viewers, and now Ananya is taking decisions alone which she has no authority to do, plus she's lying. So I do not think that Kabir is wrong as a boss to be angry at her for it. He may look like he can do anything for news, but I am sure he knows how to do so in the parameters of right and wrong. He sure knows how to get justice to the rightful and not be inhuman. If the promos hadn't been aired I am sure he wouldn't be so angry in the first place. And without airing this news about the model, how will it help her or anyone. Awareness needs to be created. As a professional I do not see his stand as wrong. Plus the man has plans up his sleeves at every given point. Will wait to see what he'd do now. 

The conversation between the leads was very well written and executed. They acted amazingly well too. 

Thank you! 
Yup.. They're both very emotional people, so to speak.. While Kabir knows how to strike a balance between his heart and mind, Ananya has yet to learn it.. 

All she had to do was to trust him, and he wouldn't have let her down.. But she lied, and in a way broke his trust, and now he feels let down.. And boy! That is kabir's weakest nerve.. he won't take it lightly.. 

He knows they cannot protect Mahi forever even if they want to.. At some point, she will have to fight her own battles and face her demons.. Which is why he urged Ananya to bring her.. 
Also, the channel's reputation, his own integrity will be compromised if they fail to deliver and that will be a huge setback.. So professionally, Ananya did disobey her seniors.. 

Then again, what Ananya did falls in the realm of the right, so am pretty sure Kabir will put himself in her shoes, and think before he sets out to anchor Mahi's story (if and when they do..)

I'm pretty positive that he will manipulate the situation well to suit their needs.. What interests me particularly is how will they fall back into the comfort zone they had just started sharing, unknowingly.. 

Agreed! The last scenes were superbly executed, with intense performances by both! 

P.S. HAK Sig makes me go all Day Dreaming  Such a beauty.. I love your edits! 

Zannat.

Go to top