Dosti.. Yariyaan.. Manmarzian

Arjun is Heathcliff!!!

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I have been feeling lately that Arjun reminds me of someone, someone I've read about, someone I've been obsessed with. After the episode tonight, I know. Arjun is the Heathcliff of the show. His enmity is with Samraat and Samaira by default just like Heathcliff was obsessed with the idea of revenge. He literally destroyed himself because of his obsession for Catherine, Arjun is shaping up to be a proper Heathcliff. He will ruin himself before he ruins Samaira and Samraat. I love, love Wuthering Heights, so Arjun slowly turning out as a Heathcliff version 2.0 is pleasantly surprising. Sam is his Catherine and this love is doomed. 
Also, how effing good is Aham? He is so subtle that this revenge theme never gets OTT. His words are always so poignant, he is literally the playmaker of the plot. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EkPagliLadki thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
I also felt the same! Heathcliff 
And completely agree on the part that Aham is very subtle. 
And finally we have a new man on Indian TV (apart from Rajeev, Iqbal, Ronit and others)!
I was bored of the teenagers or very young men everywhere.

Edited by PagliLadki - 8 years ago
Lifez_Beautiful thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Heathcliff is one my fav anti hero! His obsession with Catherine was my fav... But I dun want a doomed luv stry here... I want them to be happy in this life and not end up like cliff n cathy ending up singing duets as bhooths! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
OmkaraKiParvati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I want 2 c love between Samaira and Arjun. They make an amazing couple...
Star_girl thumbnail
Originally posted by: PagliLadki

I also felt the same! Heathcliff 

And completely agree on the part that Aham is very subtle. 
And finally we have a man on Indian TV (apart from Rajeev, Iqbal, Ronit and others)!
I was bored of the teenagers or very young men everywhere.

Hey I know you from somewhere, Zindagi Wins, right?
I know!! Ninety percent of these teens cannot act to save their lives or can only do the whole mischievous, cute routine which frankly, is very easy. It's pretty hard to pull off a proper Heathcliff routine like Aham is doing every night. He is quite talented and very subtle, much like the darling man in your DP. <3
Yeah, we have a major lack of proper masculine figures on TV, hence most of these heroes cannot pull off good angsty man role without going OTT and annoying. They made a very intelligent choice with Aham. 
Star_girl thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lifez_Beautiful

Heathcliff is one my fav anti hero! His obsession with Catherine was my fav... But I dun want a doomed luv stry here... I want them to be happy in this life and not end up like cliff n cathy ending up singing duets as bhooths! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Lol aww. Yeah, would be nice if it does have a happy ending but I don't think it will have a conventionally happy ending. Arjun is literally the Heathcliff figure and his love is cursed in a way. Did you see how there were subtle hints about Arjun knowing Sam during their early years in that piano scene? TOTAL HEATHCLIFF-CATHY FEELS OMG!!!! 
πŸ˜†
EkPagliLadki thumbnail
Originally posted by: Star_girl

I know!! Ninety percent of these teens cannot act to save their lives or can only do the whole mischievous, cute routine which frankly, is very easy. It's pretty hard to pull off a proper Heathcliff routine like Aham is doing every night. He is quite talented and very subtle, much like the darling man in your DP. <3
Yeah, we have a major lack of proper masculine figures on TV, hence most of these heroes cannot pull off good angsty man role without going OTT and annoying. They made a very intelligent choice with Aham. 

Yeah! I used to watch until the show was doomed and Veer entered. Even though I hate the way they are taking the story forward I watch it sometimes for Kiran. He is really good.

I was so happy when Reporters was announced. And even more happy when I read that Aham was going to play one of the leads. I am bored of those usual teenager heroes or angry-hate women-love mom and sis-hate dad-wears grey and black types heroes. Glad that Arjun is different. Rather a much better change.

And thank God he has more colours in his wardrobeπŸ˜†
Edited by PagliLadki - 8 years ago
EkPagliLadki thumbnail

And the man in my DP😳

I don't think I would find somebody to match up to his level. My love life is already doomed.πŸ˜†

Lifez_Beautiful thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Lol aww. Yeah, would be nice if it does have a happy ending but I don't think it will have a conventionally happy ending. Arjun is literally the Heathcliff figure and his love is cursed in a way. Did you see how there were subtle hints about Arjun knowing Sam during their early years in that piano scene? TOTAL HEATHCLIFF-CATHY FEELS OMG!!!!
πŸ˜†

Yup piano scene gave me a feel that they both surely have a past... childhood friends kinda feel... Bt yeah if v c it with WH glass yeah cliff n cathy feel! 😳
Star_girl thumbnail
Originally posted by: PagliLadki

Yeah! I used to watch until the show was doomed and Veer entered. Even though I hate the way they are taking the story forward I watch it sometimes for Kiran. He is really good.

I was so happy when Reporters was announced. And even more happy when read that Aham was going to play one of the leads. I am bored of those usual teenager heroes or angry-hate women-love mom and sis-hate dad-wears grey and black types heroes. Glad that Arjun is different. Rather a much better chane.

And thank God he has more colours in his wardrobeπŸ˜†

Lol MTE about Zindagi Wins!! The show is completely doomed ever since that non-actor entered lol. Kiran is fantastic, one of the finest new talents on TV, he is super aware and intelligent offscreen too which I love but I haven't watched the stupid show for a long while. I am so done lol.
Rajeev was fabulous in Amir, and his Sujal is iconic anyway. Haha, I love your breakdown of angry-young-men types on Indian TV, they literally have zero depth/variety. It's like they're factory-made in a bulk from the Mills and Boon's factor lol. 
Arjun has been vastly different so far which is mainly due to Aham's subtle acting though. He is a proper revelation as an actor. He is much more aligned towards a Heathcliff figure than a boring angry-young-man type. His dialogues are super poignant too. His characterization is the finest in the show, so many shades and so confusing.