I ADMIRE THE CHARACTER NAMED NANDINI

Posted: 8 years ago

Hi!

After watching today's episode I could not stop myself from admiring a character of the show - Nandini

Nandini feeling low about herself, considering herself to be at fault...

I believe it's a part of recovering from the trauma that Nandini had gone through.

Honestly speaking I was surprised to see her breakdown so early in front of Manik.

I think that god forbid if something like this happens with anyone; the victim does through a series of physical, emotional and mental turmoil. The emotions and feelings can't be explained to other. No matter if the person is of the same or opposite sex, if the person is your blood relative, your spouse or even your best friend!

Nandini was quick to overcome the mental turmoil by asking for justice for herself. She made sure that the culprit is punished...

It was essential for her mental stability.

I mean c'mon how on earth are you gonna make peace with yourself if you can see the person who wronged you walking away freely!

It would be like reviving that trauma call over again and again. Dying a thousand deaths all at the same time when you look at the culprit who is openly taunting you; challenging your self-respect, your self-esteem by just a smile which says,"Hey you loser, look you can't do anything. I'm still free while it's you whose image and reputation is tarnished".

Let's not forget that she still is a teenager.

On the emotional front; there are various feeling, emotions which she is feeling. Some she wants to share, some she doesn't, some she doesn't know how to share!

She's scared of what happened last night with her, scared of what might have happen to her if Manik didn't come on time to save her.

She felt that she had molested. Molested by someone on whom she had faith and respect! Pandit was her teacher, her grandmother's favorite student. He was trusted not only by her but also by her family.

There is agony in her that she overlooked Manik's direct warnings and the signs given by Pandit.

She is cursing herself to be a fool. She feels that she is being mocked by herself. She tells the world to be careful but proved herself to be the careless one...

There is also relief that the nightmare is over. Now she is safe and sound with her family, her beloved and her friends in an environment known to her.

She is happy that she could get justice for herself, her self-esteem and her pride!

For any teenager going through these extreme emotions, it is highly possible to feel lost.

Physically she knows that she is being protected by fab5 and chacha-chachi.

I say that with surety because she insisted on going to college while others wanted her to go home.

If she didn't feel physically safe she wouldn't have stepped out of her room.

She is trying to come out and make an effort to become herself.

Pandit tried to touch her against her will, she is scared and her defense system is up.

Yes, she's got her guards up for any man!

Why most of us can only see the guards up with Manik is because it's only Manik who has the right to touch her, to love her, to cherish her, be it intimately. She herself gave him that right. Only him! But when he tried to hold her waist from behind or cup her face, Nandini wouldn't help herself to think about Pandit. He tried to do something similar with her against her will in less than 24 hours.

She accepted Cabir's friendly hug and Chacha's fatherly gesture. This proves that she is on her way to normal.

So let's cut some slack on the girl!

Nandini might be engulfed in self-loathing; she might not be able to accept Manik's touch as of now but let's not also forget that she is cursing herself in front of Manik. She hasn't pushed him away!

I guess to express your traumatizing experience even in front of a person of the same sex one feels uncomfortable, while Nandini is sharing her pain with Manik.

There are insecurities, agony, pain, hurt all pent up in her. But she is trying!

She is letting down the emotional barriers in front of Manik. She is lost, speaking all negative about herself. Indirectly asking Manik to be strong and help her to heal herself.

Deep down I want Nandini to think all the worst and the most terrible things about herself so that Manik can pick up her emotional battle, fight her inner demons and show her the power of their love...

On the practical aspect once they survive this nightmare together with each other, for each other; its them who will be stronger. And whenever someone will raise the topic of Pandit, Nandini would know how to answer back on her own to both positive and negative questions.

I liked the courage Nandini has.

She is broken, yet trying to mend herself.

She has her guards up, yet for Manik she is opening up.

Considering Nandini as an Indian teenager, I find her character to be perfect.  A strong headed young woman who will fight for the right, with her head held high. She has the will to overcome this incident for herself and her loved ones.

I wanna know how you guys feel about Nandini's character...

well said yyar
I totally agree with you I was surprised when nandini said to manik because in that state we find some comfort with talking with a person of same sex but she choses  manik ...
She is overcoming from the fear she just needs time and space ...
Originally posted by Dhariya_

well said yyar
I totally agree with you I was surprised when nandini said to manik because in that state we find some comfort with talking with a person of same sex but she choses  manik ...
She is overcoming from the fear she just needs time and space ...

She needs time and space but before that she needs faith on herself which only manik can provide with his unconditional loved and support 

I guess that's what we got as a precap!
Hey...I totally agree wid u...Its so difficult for a girl to pass through such a thing...the worst nightmare any girl wud have, n just coming out and being safe from such a situation is not the cure...It brings a lot of emotional and psychological disturbance...Nandini's each action, her words are all so perfectly executed and justified...Its not her will dat she is not letting Manik touch her, but its her pain, fear, and the feeling of that creepy touch on her dat jst momentarily jerks Manik's hand away from her, but she doesn't run away from him, she is der - standing and facing the situation ... n may be in trying to stand up strong to face the situation and to get justice she is trying to stand strong or maybe forcing herself to stand strong, hiding her broken self - But as Manik said, now she doesn't need to act strong and she needs to let everything out...
definitely it will take time to heal, coz this is not just physical pain that can be healed so easily...but it will be healed as she herself is trying and making efforts and wid d support of her family and frnds n ofcourse her Manik she will be healed and will stand out strong ...

Btw awesome Post👏
Hey...its awesome...
I completely agree with every word of you...
She is completely broken today..
I really admire her characterisation..Its really something which needs to be admired...
Nothing more i can say..yu said everyhting...
Love this thing..
Do write more...
Love,
Harika..keep smiling it looks good on you..
Originally posted by dhrits_24

Hey...I totally agree wid u...Its so difficult for a girl to pass through such a thing...the worst nightmare any girl wud have, n just coming out and being safe from such a situation is not the cure...It brings a lot of emotional and psychological disturbance...Nandini's each action, her words are all so perfectly executed and justified...Its not her will dat she is not letting Manik touch her, but its her pain, fear, and the feeling of that creepy touch on her dat jst momentarily jerks Manik's hand away from her, but she doesn't run away from him, she is der - standing and facing the situation ... n may be in trying to stand up strong to face the situation and to get justice she is trying to stand strong or maybe forcing herself to stand strong, hiding her broken self - But as Manik said, now she doesn't need to act strong and she needs to let everything out...
definitely it will take time to heal, coz this is not just physical pain that can be healed so easily...but it will be healed as she herself is trying and making efforts and wid d support of her family and frnds n ofcourse her Manik she will be healed and will stand out strong ...

Btw awesome Post👏

Thanks
Originally posted by ..Mellifluous..

Hey...its awesome...
I completely agree with every word of you...
She is completely broken today..
I really admire her characterisation..Its really something which needs to be admired...
Nothing more i can say..yu said everyhting...
Love this thing..
Do write more...
Love,
Harika..keep smiling it looks good on you..

Thanks😊

Exams time dear,
But after today's episode I could not stop myself to write this.
I agree with..
She needs time to heal..
And times heal every thing..
Nandini is acting to be strong so that everyone can relax as she doesn't want anyone to take stress
Manik will surely do something..
But niti did good job..
Originally posted by epicangel

I agree with..
She needs time to heal..
And times heal every thing..
Nandini is acting to be strong so that everyone can relax as she doesn't want anyone to take stress
Manik will surely do something..
But niti did good job..

Yeah 
niti's acting was appreciable! 

I totally agree with you. This girl has been wounded physically and emotionally by her mentor, a teacher.  She has always been shown as a strong person.  But because of what she went trough she does not trust herself.  She is emotionally lost.  She shared her honest feelings with Manik to let him know I blame myself for this.  Because she trusted her mentor and he betrayed her.  She is broken and how can she be in a relationship when she herself is lost.  I think she just wants some space to find herself.  And I hope Manik will giver her that space and but still be there for her;  I hope he is her strength now and be supportive.

Very good post.