SNS: Y do Kinjal & Paridhi look like they are always dressed for D

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

LOL I so agree with this article

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya: Why do Kinjal and Paridhi look like they are always dressed for Diwali?

Tue, May 12, 2015 8:40pm IST by Rukmini Chopra
0SHARES
  • Facebook share
  • Twitter share
  • Share on Google+
comments
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya: Why do Kinjal and Paridhi look like they are always dressed for Diwali?

Whenever I watch this show, I get a sense characters Kinjal and Paridhi are decked up for traditional festivals like Diwali.Can you imagine your Mom or sister dressing up like this everyday in the house?

Being presentable is one thing and  being overdressed is another. Our TV soaps and serials simply fail to differentiate between the two concepts. Every female character for some reason, comes across as decked up for festivals like Diwali, Durga Puja, or the umpteen others that we have in our Indian rituals. One such example of a TV serial is Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, which ODis on heavy makeup and jewellery, something which citizens from India do only during festivities. But looks like Kinjal(Firoza Khan)and Paridhi( Loveleen Kaur Sasan) from Saath Nibhaana Saathia are forever dressed for Diwali. Don't believe me? Look at the pictures!

Kinjal-1

Kinjal plays a vicious vamp in the series and going by her looks, I'm guessing she takes half a day to simply dress up and come out of a room in order to make everyone's life a living hell thereafter. The maang tika, jhumkas, necklace and heavily embroidered sarees, how the f**k does Kinjal get time to even plot against someone when I gather most of her time must be being spent in simply donning all the items of clothing I just mentioned.

Kinjal-2

It's almost like TV vamps aren't allowed to be dressed subtly. Shagun from Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, proves as a perfect example for my statement.

Like Kinjal's bling wasn't enough, Paridhi's has been added to the the plot to make the viewers blind I'm guessing? More than her words, I'm paying attention to her big ass jhumkas which are in my face everytime I watch her on-screen.

paridhi-1

At this point all I can think to myself is, what if my mother or maasi or any damn relative dressed like this at home everyday?

Paridhi-2

I think the makers need to start making the characters more believable in terms of their looks. If this is the case right now, I can only imagine what's coming our way when Diwali actually comes knocking on our doors this year! Now that will be too much to handle...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Isn't this down to the restriction on fireworks and crackers.  Their saris and gold would light up the night sky, banishing darkness forever. ðŸ˜Š
kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
their make up and jewellery will be much more heavier in Diwali.😊
shaztea thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
hey these two are nothing when u c d tamil version of SNS,,,
the woman who plays kokila in d tamil version is super over dressed... if possible I will upload a pic lol
basuanasuya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
🤣 Thanks for sharing 
Raz2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lol soo agree with this article. I like akshara's dress sense. I find her character more natural when it comes to dressing.
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: shaztea

hey these two are nothing when u c d tamil version of SNS,,,
the woman who plays kokila in d tamil version is super over dressed... if possible I will upload a pic lol

Are you talking about Sudha Chandran? She is always dressed so OTT.
ani_gr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
This is nothing new in telly world.. all women sleep with their inches of make up...😆
MADHYAMAVATHI thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
For that matter now after the leap Kokila's dressing has toned down. But she would take the cake for loud dressing earlier. Her sarees and jewellery were very loud.
shaztea thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: McDreaamer

Are you talking about Sudha Chandran? She is always dressed so OTT.

ya exactly,,,, she z d one... I dont knw how to upload pics lol...