Fan Fictions

India-Forums

   
Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Software Symphony 21 Plan & Pilfer on 17 (Page 67)

dristi64 Goldie
dristi64
dristi64

Joined: 14 April 2015
Posts: 2052

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nividances

This was a recent Humans of Bombay post. In the end the girl talks about choice and I think she does a much better job of it than Ms. Padukone managed to do. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/imaansheikh/from-kamathipura-to-america

"I've grown up in a red light area, surrounded by the flesh trade all my life. At 12, I've been asked for my 'rate' and cried myself to sleep because I didn't understand it. But you want to know what's worse? It's that the men who came to ask would all be from the 'upper class' as you call it with shiny cars and the perception that they could 'buy' anything. But the women there are my family...they've taken care of me when my mother would have to go work at a factory near by and treated with me so much love and kindness, but I still grew up with a very low self esteem because of my dark color. I don't know why you have to be fair to be beautiful...and because I'm dark I've always been called ugly. Once my 12th standard ended, I decided to make a change. I told the people at my Municipal school that I wanted to study, learn English and make something of myself. That's when I went to an organization called Kranti.

I spent the next year, traveling across India conducting workshops on sex education and that's when I realized that not everyone judges me for my background and kind of got my self esteem back. I've always been a day dreamer, so I randomly just said it out loud one day that I want to go America (at that point I didn't even know if it was a continent, city or a country) and through Kranti's efforts I got a full scholarship at Bard College to study Liberal Arts. We crowd sourced the rest of the money for my accomodation and day to day expenses and my life has just turned around...I've been to semester at Sea, I speak fluent English and have amazing entrepreneurial ideas to make a difference to my home...to Kamathipura. 

Yes, open your mind about my home. Accept that people have choices and know that so many women there are in it by choice...because it's their source of livelihood. As Indians, we need to judge less and accept things that are not always in our comfort zone, because my background is not my weakness...I'm me, and no location can define who I am."

I'm a little late to this discussion. Just wanted to say that coincidentally I was reading this article last night n shared it on my FB wall. It's amazing how likeminded this bunch here isEmbarrassed

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Divashniblue5skyHsp.canadanividancesAshu25Nisha0604ishruhiputti77

Ashu25 IF-Rockerz
Ashu25
Ashu25

Joined: 28 March 2010
Posts: 9002

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Ashu

Imagine her dude will say "Nivi this is my batch mate from undergrad"

She will be like "Yeh dahi bhalle ka dona khatam  kar loon pehle unse baad mein milti hoon"


He will go "Nivi this is my Residency team"

"I ate too much paneer pakora kuch thanda kahogey kya, Ma ko main teen baar food tent mein bhej chuki hoon she refuses to go, tum dulhe ho tum kahogey to bhaagte hue laaenge"



ROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dristi64ishruhi

nividances IF-Dazzler
nividances
nividances

Joined: 21 September 2011
Posts: 2810

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dsgirl

Lasyaaa she's just so adorable..,.one update of her and it makes me smile...and tan as I've said a million times is my favorite character in this story...he's the most nicest character...I love him

And nivi a big congratulations...there can't be anything better than a winter wedding in Delhi :)

Thanks so much! And yes, everyone here seems to understand the Delhi would be perfect...now I just want that future SIL should also understand and agree. Ouch

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

RaBirDivashnidristi64blue5skyHsp.canadaishruhiAshu25

Hsp.canada Goldie
Hsp.canada
Hsp.canada

Joined: 26 July 2014
Posts: 2024

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Good night ladies! It's almost midnight. This was much needed fun break for me today. See you tomm ladiesSmile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

EnVeedristi64nividancesishruhiputti77

nividances IF-Dazzler
nividances
nividances

Joined: 21 September 2011
Posts: 2810

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Hsp.canada

Good night ladies! It's almost midnight. This was much needed fun break for me today. See you tomm ladiesSmile

Same here. Good night everyone! Thanks for all the wishes and laughs Big smile 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

DivashniRaBirdristi64EnVeeblue5skyHsp.canadaNisha0604ishruhiputti77dsgirl

Hsp.canada Goldie
Hsp.canada
Hsp.canada

Joined: 26 July 2014
Posts: 2024

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nividances

Originally posted by dsgirl

Lasyaaa she's just so adorable..,.one update of her and it makes me smile...and tan as I've said a million times is my favorite character in this story...he's the most nicest character...I love him

And nivi a big congratulations...there can't be anything better than a winter wedding in Delhi :)

Thanks so much! And yes, everyone here seems to understand the Delhi would be perfect...now I just want that future SIL should also understand and agree. Ouch

Tell her to save that venue for her own weddingLOLLOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Divashnidristi64nividancesNisha0604ishruhiputti77dsgirl

nividances IF-Dazzler
nividances
nividances

Joined: 21 September 2011
Posts: 2810

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dristi64

Originally posted by nividances

This was a recent Humans of Bombay post. In the end the girl talks about choice and I think she does a much better job of it than Ms. Padukone managed to do. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/imaansheikh/from-kamathipura-to-america

"I've grown up in a red light area, surrounded by the flesh trade all my life. At 12, I've been asked for my 'rate' and cried myself to sleep because I didn't understand it. But you want to know what's worse? It's that the men who came to ask would all be from the 'upper class' as you call it with shiny cars and the perception that they could 'buy' anything. But the women there are my family...they've taken care of me when my mother would have to go work at a factory near by and treated with me so much love and kindness, but I still grew up with a very low self esteem because of my dark color. I don't know why you have to be fair to be beautiful...and because I'm dark I've always been called ugly. Once my 12th standard ended, I decided to make a change. I told the people at my Municipal school that I wanted to study, learn English and make something of myself. That's when I went to an organization called Kranti.

I spent the next year, traveling across India conducting workshops on sex education and that's when I realized that not everyone judges me for my background and kind of got my self esteem back. I've always been a day dreamer, so I randomly just said it out loud one day that I want to go America (at that point I didn't even know if it was a continent, city or a country) and through Kranti's efforts I got a full scholarship at Bard College to study Liberal Arts. We crowd sourced the rest of the money for my accomodation and day to day expenses and my life has just turned around...I've been to semester at Sea, I speak fluent English and have amazing entrepreneurial ideas to make a difference to my home...to Kamathipura. 

Yes, open your mind about my home. Accept that people have choices and know that so many women there are in it by choice...because it's their source of livelihood. As Indians, we need to judge less and accept things that are not always in our comfort zone, because my background is not my weakness...I'm me, and no location can define who I am."

I'm a little late to this discussion. Just wanted to say that coincidentally I was reading this article last night n shared it on my FB wall. It's amazing how likeminded this bunch here isEmbarrassed

@bold: Yes, it's quite astounding. Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RaBirDivashnidristi64putti77

Ashu25 IF-Rockerz
Ashu25
Ashu25

Joined: 28 March 2010
Posts: 9002

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
My wishlist
RB ka birthday isis hafte mein aaye Big smile

Ranjan "IGNORE RB" mode pe rahe thode din...and collective family reactions Approve

Laasya phoonk/ulti maare seedha  ROBBER ke dress pe AGM ke din and collective family reactions  ROFL


The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dristi64putti77dsgirl

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Free Software Excel Password Unlocker

Author: anysessmith   Replies: 0   Views: 368

anysessmith 0 368 02 May 2015 at 12:32am by anysessmith
Arshi Three Shot: Silent Symphony ~ COMPLETE

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 122 123

Author: Anony_mous   Replies: 977   Views: 62787

Anony_mous 977 62787 06 March 2014 at 9:24am by shruti46
SYMPHONY OF SOULS- Maneet FF part 2 updated pg 8

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author: Netz   Replies: 71   Views: 8030

Netz 71 8030 02 February 2013 at 3:05am by Donnaa
The Symphony of Rain Drops AR FF Part7 Pg4-12/13

2 3 4

Author: Chocochips   Replies: 29   Views: 4202

Chocochips 29 4202 12 May 2012 at 1:06am by ojaswi_kajen
The Symphony of Raindrops AR-New Version ch4-1/27

2 3 4 5

Author: Chocochips   Replies: 33   Views: 2634

Chocochips 33 2634 27 February 2012 at 1:34am by sjain

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Fan Fictions Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index