Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Software Symphony 21 Plan & Pilfer on 17 (Page 129)

harshita27 Goldie
harshita27
harshita27

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
Do I sound non-indian when I say I havent attended a proper indian wedding since last 5-7 years?? None at all!! :(
Hence I cant contribute to wedding conversations!
I did hear from a friend who recently got married, that the minimum that photographers charge for photoshoot(no clue why u need photoshoot) was 1L... N everyone does it!! Shocked
I realized photoshoot was actually a few clicks from SLR camera... N lotttsss of adobe photoshop! LOL

Edited by harshita27 - 15 May 2015 at 4:12pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Hsp.canadadristi64shidin0117Nisha0604putti77

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue5sky

Originally posted by Nisha0604

Nivi you sound SHOCKINGLY real for someone so young. No offence to younger people I see many Desi 20 somethings... but you are something else.

I AM SO IMPRESSED with your thoughts

Yep Indian weddings have become a cheap caricature of Bollywood weddings . Even IYER weddings shamefully are copies of Bollywood weddings

When Amma tells me about nieces getting married and how the already long Iyer 3 days wedding is expolded into 7 9 day weddingswith MEHANDI AND SANGEET AND COCKTAIL I am appalled

I lament and cry "Ayyo Amma what are u saying SOUNDS SO UTTERLY CHEAP"

Amma wil be like "Neeyum naanum enna panna mudiyum What can you and I do? So and so Akka (a cousin of my Mom) or So and so Anna said  "The bride threw a FIT AND DEMANDED it"

I cringe listening to my Mom even say it

I am glad I am not attending it though

I was accused by someone not too long ago that I feed and nurture a "bunch of sycophants"  I AM THRILLED I DO

U sound very sane and real to me

Kudos

@ Bold Really Nisha!! Where was I ...ye alag baat hai ki aap mhuje feed nahi karte ho..but still the people who are lucky to hear from you don't sound like they write in to hear your compliments Shocked.

Darn where was I when that  was happening..may be my trips got in the way.

Kya feed karoon bol rey. I came home from work and opened a tin of Haldiram gulabjamuns,  After lunch I walked up and down SEVENTEEN CUBES trying to filch candy NOBODY HAD ANYAngry
Wonder what the world is coming toCry

I was so mad I opened a tin of GJ... Sweets CALM MELOL  Its OK for the world to be hypocrites but the author couldnt beLOL But the author will be... aided by two micro waved gulab jamuns a cup of chai and a bowl of NASTY over salted sesame sticks (its like the poor Desi's namkeen when u are too lazy to go to the Indian storeLOL)

Edited by Nisha0604 - 15 May 2015 at 4:13pm

kunnu1Hsp.canadanividancesshidin0117putti77

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by harshita27

Do I sound non-indian when I say I havent attended a proper indian wedding since last 5-7 years?? None at all!! :(
I did hear from a friend who recently got married, that the minimum that photographers charge for photoshoot(no clue why u need photoshoot) was 1L... N everyone does it!! Shocked
I realized photoshoot was actually a few clicks from SLR camera... N lotttsss of adobe photoshop! LOL

I havent attended ONE OTT Desi wedding in the US in the 17 years Hershey. I live in the boonies yahan koi Desi REHNA nahi chahta shaadi to bahut door ki baat hai. I have attended many Punju and Iyer weddings in Delhi and Blore after mine... none in Tamil Nadu after I got married

I do look at pictures of Gujju friends that have families here that go to TX and IA and NY and NJ and MI for weddings... I cant tell if its a Bollywood wedding or a Catholic wedding, it doesnt look like a HINDU SHAADI

TOO much make up, too much D-JY-NAR crap... years ago we went to UC Berkeley I recall my husband urging me to buy a suit in the stores there, he said "Itni door aaye hain to le le"

I told him I wouldnt be DEAD in any of those... they were fugly... they are for ABCD kids that wont go to IndiaLOL cheap and overly embellished... Mere liye Khadi Bhavan in CP, or Shankar Market is FABULOUSEmbarrassedThank you... I still wear mine tailored... by a neighborhood Masterji in Dilli
Big smile

kalavathi5Hsp.canadanividancesshidin0117putti77

Hsp.canada Goldie
Hsp.canada
Hsp.canada

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:24pm | IP Logged

Shevane,

In 5-10 years I am telling you there will be no pandit, it will be a "exchange of vows" wedding inside a Mandap. No offence to that at all but the values of Hinduism seem to be eroding in India all in a quest for "try to be mod-run" or "Bollywood" like

I know of countless vegetarian by birth Desis here that cook a TURKEY for thanksgiving but are "too busy on Diwali" to make kheerBig smile  "My Choice My Choice bolkar what was original and authentic will quickly disappear.

Wedding cakes dont even make sense to meDead
Raising a toast, bride and groom dance in madisaar? (9 yards?) Those are missing now.

Bollywood celebrates Halloween. When Bollywood starts celebrating Independence on July 4th and starts wearing red white and blue, I bet many would want the Independence day moved and the Natl flag colors changedLOL

That day is not far when India will  celebrate 4th of July. LOLI saw pics of Indian HalloweenLOL I wonder do they even the reason behind it.  My cuz got married just 4 weeks ago, so I heard all this stuff. I am bewildered by all the stuff I was hearing from mom! I was like really, aur suno, boys outfit was for 1.25 lac for the wedding. There was cake cutting when my cousin came to do her phera and typically it used brother goes and gets the sister and Jiju but now the whole clan shows up, so they had caters for that too. And small gifts were exchanged in that as well. They are typical middle class family and they spent more then 32lac at the wedding.Shocked So many new customs have originated, they are influenced by TV. 

Edited by Hsp.canada - 15 May 2015 at 4:27pm

kalavathi5nividancesshidin0117TanjoreGirlputti77

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Shevane

I agree TV weddings are a OTT tamasha, in YHM they showed the wedding for two weeks? three weeks?  Insanity
And then Mrs Ishita Bhalla offered her bed to Shagun BhallaROFL

Mr Iyer ka shaadi ka loan repay nahi hua hoga, daughter put a "For Sale" sign on the bed BEFORE trying itROFL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

kalavathi5Hsp.canadadristi64nividancesshidin0117TanjoreGirlputti77

Hsp.canada Goldie
Hsp.canada
Hsp.canada

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:29pm | IP Logged

Shevane

I agree TV weddings are a OTT tamasha, in YHM they showed the wedding for two weeks? three weeks?  Insanity
And then Mrs Ishita Bhalla offered her bed to Shagun BhallaROFL

Mr Iyer ka shaadi ka loan repay nahi hua hoga, daughter put a "For Sale" sign on the bed BEFORE trying itROFL

ROFL

That was classic. Sorry about the spelling, I am cooking and typing. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TanjoreGirlputti77

harshita27 Goldie
harshita27
harshita27

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by harshita27

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I havent attended ONE OTT Desi wedding in the US in the 17 years Hershey. I live in the boonies yahan koi Desi REHNA nahi chahta shaadi to bahut door ki baat hai. I have attended many Punju and Iyer weddings in Delhi and Blore after mine... none in Tamil Nadu after I got married

I do look at pictures of Gujju friends that have families here that go to TX and IA and NY and NJ and MI for weddings... I cant tell if its a Bollywood wedding or a Catholic wedding, it doesnt look like a HINDU SHAADI

TOO much make up, too much D-JY-NAR crap... years ago we went to UC Berkeley I recall my husband urging me to buy a suit in the stores there, he said "Itni door aaye hain to le le"

I told him I wouldnt be DEAD in any of those... they were fugly... they are for ABCD kids that wont go to IndiaLOL cheap and overly embellished... Mere liye Khadi Bhavan in CP, or Shankar Market is FABULOUSEmbarrassedThank you... I still wear mine tailored... by a neighborhood Masterji in Dilli</font>Big smile

I havent attended any wedding - amrikan or Indian in 5-7 years.
I do understand ki ABCDs who have been born n brought up here, are used to amrikan style of indian wedding, n lets accept indian girls are pretty brown skins... Amrikan girls are pretty pale skinned.. The pale skinned ones are obsessed with makeup to bring some flush n color to their skin n the ABCDs are wanting to mostly use the same obsession to lighten or maybe prettying up their pretty looks n nice hair!
Isliye ABCD ko makeup n waisi weddings maaf!!
Jab indiaei rehne wali desi junta lekin indian halloween manati hai, tab mujhe ye directionless westernization bura lagta hai! India mei masti wale festivals kya kamm hain jo ye halloween manana zaruri hai? Manana hai toh ram navami mei mythological dressup mei jao.. But naa.. Wo LS ho gaya!LOL
Ye amrikan toh kabhi desi festival manane ko nahi marte!

kalavathi5Hsp.canadashidin0117Nisha0604putti77

blue5sky Goldie
blue5sky
blue5sky

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by blue5sky

Nivi you sound SHOCKINGLY real for someone so young. No offence to younger people I see many Desi 20 somethings... but you are something else.

I AM SO IMPRESSED with your thoughts

Yep Indian weddings have become a cheap caricature of Bollywood weddings . Even IYER weddings shamefully are copies of Bollywood weddings

When Amma tells me about nieces getting married and how the already long Iyer 3 days wedding is expolded into 7 9 day weddingswith MEHANDI AND SANGEET AND COCKTAIL I am appalled

I lament and cry "Ayyo Amma what are u saying SOUNDS SO UTTERLY CHEAP"

Amma wil be like "Neeyum naanum enna panna mudiyum What can you and I do? So and so Akka (a cousin of my Mom) or So and so Anna said  "The bride threw a FIT AND DEMANDED it"

I cringe listening to my Mom even say it

I am glad I am not attending it though

I was accused by someone not too long ago that I feed and nurture a "bunch of sycophants"  I AM THRILLED I DO

U sound very sane and real to me

Kudos

@ Bold Really Nisha!! Where was I ...ye alag baat hai ki aap mhuje feed nahi karte ho..but still the people who are lucky to hear from you don't sound like they write in to hear your compliments Shocked.

Darn where was I when that  was happening..may be my trips got in the way.

Kya feed karoon bol rey. I came home from work and opened a tin of Haldiram gulabjamuns,  After lunch I walked up and down SEVENTEEN CUBES trying to filch candy NOBODY HAD ANYAngry
Wonder what the world is coming toCry

I was so mad I opened a tin of GJ... Sweets CALM MELOL  Its OK for the world to be hypocrites but the author couldnt beLOL But the author will be... aided by two micro waved gulab jamuns a cup of chai and a bowl of NASTY over salted sesame sticks (its like the poor Desi's namkeen when u are too lazy to go to the Indian storeLOL)

UPDATES UPDATES AND MORE UPDATES LOLLOL Bas wohi chahiye..haan aur replies bhi...we are on different hemispheres so i guess i get under the avalanche ...phir bhi...aasiku alave illai!

Aur kya..

waise I'm an ok cook...especially with trick cooking and short cut recep's. 5 minute ka mysorepak chaiye...
Bol do bhejthi hoon tried and tested one for your sweet tooth indulgences. I have to stop making them. Have given up sweets for 90 days now CryCry

I had no idea days were actually this LOOONG.Ouch

Edited by blue5sky - 15 May 2015 at 4:37pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kalavathi5Hsp.canadashidin0117Nisha0604

Go to top