Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Software Symphony 21 Plan & Pilfer on 17 (Page 128)

nividances IF-Dazzler
nividances
nividances

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Hsp.canada

I just read about your allergies, take Allegra. My husband takes it that and it helps. Also this season is being called pollen tsunami. Feel better soon.  Pray for rain.

My friend has bad allergies, she was on the conference call, she thought she had put the phone on mute, while she was wiping her eyes and blowing her nose. Then she realized that no one was talking, so she checked her phone, she had put the call on hold (she was the main speaker) so she said hello. The other three went, thanks we were almost ready to refinance our homes (as our bank had very annoying habit of advertising its loans) she was super embarrassed. And it was her second day at work.

Oh goodness yes! All the cars outside are covered with a green film from all this flying pollen. 2 of my flatmates are also experiencing really bad allergy symptoms...I feel so bad when I see them suffering with the watery eyes and congestion. Thankfully *knock on wood* I'm allergy free. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

RaBirDivashniharshita27Hsp.canadashidin0117

Hsp.canada Goldie
Hsp.canada
Hsp.canada

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by harshita27

I just read about your allergies, take Allegra. My husband takes it that and it helps. Also this season is being called pollen tsunami. Feel better soon.  Pray for rain.

My friend has bad allergies, she was on the conference call, she thought she had put the phone on mute, while she was wiping her eyes and blowing her nose. Then she realized that no one was talking, so she checked her phone, she had put the call on hold (she was the main speaker) so she said hello. The other three went, thanks we were almost ready to refinance our homes (as our bank had very annoying habit of advertising its loans) she was super embarrassed. And it was her second day at work.

Allegra n uske bhai bandhu do no good to me Shev!! My sneezes only listen to Cetrizine n xyzal... These are prescription drugs n each month I have to begging to the urgent care n then my physician to write the prescription/refill... N they charge a bomb each bloody timeAngryI hare doctors here... No offence to anyone practicing medicine, but you guys charge a bomb for a disease I have very well diagnosed... You charge us bloody 200 dollars for a piece of paper that orders the refill!! Useless! 
I work like that... On mute ... N unfortunately... Most days are filled with meetings... I sleep on reclined position coz I cant lay flat due to clogged noseCry Imagine!! Sharamnaak baat for desi that summer is killing me!!Cry
Dont worry, I have sun allergies LOL I burn in sun and I do khuchli like a bandar on my arms & neck LOLLOLLOL ( gora look at me and say brown skin and sun???)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shidin0117Nisha0604

harshita27 Goldie
harshita27
harshita27

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nividances

I just read about your allergies, take Allegra. My husband takes it that and it helps. Also this season is being called pollen tsunami. Feel better soon. Pray for rain.

My friend has bad allergies, she was on the conference call,
she thought she had put the phone on mute, while she was wiping her eyes and
blowing her nose. Then she realized that no one was talking, so she checked her
phone, she had put the call on hold (she was the main speaker) so she said hello.
The other three went, thanks we were almost ready to refinance our homes (as our
bank had very annoying habit of advertising its loans) she was super embarrassed.
And it was her second day at work.

Oh goodness yes! All the cars outside are covered with a green film from all this flying pollen. 2 of my flatmates are also experiencing really bad allergy symptoms...I feel so bad when I see them suffering with the watery eyes and congestion. Thankfully *knock on wood* I'm allergy free.

Nobody should get this worthless disease!! Binawajeh sneeze karte jao.. Bahar mat niklo... N niklo toh mask laga ke!! I behave/look like am h1n1 peedit!:(

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Hsp.canadanividancesshidin0117

nividances IF-Dazzler
nividances
nividances

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:43pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Nisha0604

I see that I am rather late to the party here. Really nice updates these last few were Nisha. Even though I see II's flaws, I don't find her to be wrong because in a similar situation, I would probably have done the same for the most part. Like it was said before (I think by Anu and a few others), I spend for family and friends much more loose-handedly than I do for myself. I am seeing these exorbitant prices for wedding-related things and I am slowly feeling my heart sink in realizing that even a normal wedding nowadays may run a bill as much as all my student loans. Shocked I am just closing my eyes and ears to any talks about having a destination wedding in some ornate Rajasthani palace. Ouch On the other hand, I just bought my brother an iPhone 6 as a graduation gift (he certainly deserves it though for being valedictorian). Embarrassed I am constantly chastised for my behavior by mom and dad, but I have seen them do the same in their life (they have only given, very rarely have they ever taken) so my response to them is usually, "monkey see, monkey do."LOL It is usually enough to garner a smile and push off the financial advising lecture until my next purchase. ROFL

Monkey see, Monkey do?

THATS EXACTLY HOW MY LIFE IS
I saw my Dad not give enough importance to money, I am exactly that wayCry, In a way Ranjan is like my Dad, he saw his siblings rob him and didnt utter a word. Ofcourse the amount of money we are talking about in my case is less than 1% of what Bhallas have. 
I am not a CPA if I lived in India I dont think I would not make as much as II but yes, I do spend recklessyBig smile I am neither  ashamed of it nor proud of it... this is who I am

Most people in my story are someone I KNOW in flesh and blood, even Minion and Selvi and Mrs Sagar and Bally...

I feel for your parents Nivi. Jitna padh lo kahin chaley jao par Indian bride ke  parents ki wat lagti hai shaadi meinCry Us maamle mein KUCH nahi badla

I AM ALL FOR TRADITIONAL RITUALISTIC WEDDINGS
I DETEST weddings that look and feel like they are from Tollywood. I have even lil respect for the bride and grooms that dont protest and let their families go into debt. Borrow money yourself of make the dude or bride borrow, parents ki wat mat lagvao

Weddings nowadays are looking more and more like orchestrated musicals or Bollywood movies to me. I just want a simple event without the Bollywood stars and singers showing up at the sangeet to perform. I see enough of them in newspapers and magazines, I don't need to be seeing them in my wedding pictures now too. Angry I just want something simple...the hazaaron rupees ke flower arrangements and laakhon ka designer lehnga is not going to make or break the wedding. But mom and dad going into debt to arrange all those unnecessary things will leave a very bad taste and a huge burden on my heart.

Nivi I think I had mentioned by cuz just got married, I still cant process 75K for her dressing up and 1.5 lca for photo. I didnt realize that Indian Wedding also have cakes these days.ConfusedConfused There was a cake cutting also. And the cake was for 22k Ouch Its too much flimy. There is special chuni with lights , which is held by brothers and boys cuzs when the bride is walking towards the stage also...LOLLOLLOL I had a good laugh on that one. 

Cake? Confused Why is India obsessed with becoming westernized? I mean we have so many delicious mithais and sweets, why are we having cake at our weddings? I just don't understand. 
Dressing up ke 75K? Shocked Kya powdered gold ya silver ka makeup laga rahe hain aaj kal? Itne mein to main puri makeup ki dukaan hi na kharid loon?

@bold: That I have seen and I personally don't like it. It looks really flashy and quite tacky. You have the bright lights on top of your head, then you also decide to deck yourself out in like 10 pounds of sparkly jewelry along with a 30 pound blingy lehnga? I can't handle all that. Nope. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kalavathi5RaBirDivashniHsp.canadashidin0117Nisha0604

nividances IF-Dazzler
nividances
nividances

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue5sky

Originally posted by putti77

Nisha Aquarius gal best match is Gemini guy.
The birthdays of Gemini fall between 22nd May and 21st June.
So your time starts nowSmile II should do modeling for dude at 12 amWink

Great idea! and model the only thing he has permission to buy for her lingerieBlushing

What an idea! Nisha, make this happen...please. Big smile

kalavathi5RaBirDivashniHsp.canadashidin0117Nisha0604

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Nivi you sound SHOCKINGLY real for someone so young. No offence to younger people I see many Desi 20 somethings... but you are something else.

I AM SO IMPRESSED with your thoughts

Yep Indian weddings have become a cheap caricature of Bollywood weddings . Even IYER weddings shamefully are copies of Bollywood weddings

When Amma tells me about nieces getting married and how the already long Iyer 3 days wedding is expolded into 7 9 day weddingswith MEHANDI AND SANGEET AND COCKTAIL I am appalled

I lament and cry "Ayyo Amma what are u saying SOUNDS SO UTTERLY CHEAP"

Amma wil be like "Neeyum naanum enna panna mudiyum What can you and I do? So and so Akka (a cousin of my Mom) or So and so Anna said  "The bride threw a FIT AND DEMANDED it"

I cringe listening to my Mom even say it

I am glad I am not attending it though

I was accused by someone not too long ago that I feed and nurture a "bunch of sycophants"  I AM THRILLED I DO

U sound very sane and real to me

Kudos

Edited by Nisha0604 - 15 May 2015 at 3:55pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Aastha26kalavathi5blue5skyHsp.canadadristi64shidin0117putti77

blue5sky Goldie
blue5sky
blue5sky

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Nivi you sound SHOCKINGLY real for someone so young. No offence to younger people I see many Desi 20 somethings... but you are something else.

I AM SO IMPRESSED with your thoughts

Yep Indian weddings have become a cheap caricature of Bollywood weddings . Even IYER weddings shamefully are copies of Bollywood weddings

When Amma tells me about nieces getting married and how the already long Iyer 3 days wedding is expolded into 7 9 day weddingswith MEHANDI AND SANGEET AND COCKTAIL I am appalled

I lament and cry "Ayyo Amma what are u saying SOUNDS SO UTTERLY CHEAP"

Amma wil be like "Neeyum naanum enna panna mudiyum What can you and I do? So and so Akka (a cousin of my Mom) or So and so Anna said  "The bride threw a FIT AND DEMANDED it"

I cringe listening to my Mom even say it

I am glad I am not attending it though

I was accused by someone not too long ago that I feed and nurture a "bunch of sycophants"  I AM THRILLED I DO

U sound very sane and real to me

Kudos

@ Bold Really Nisha!! Where was I ...ye alag baat hai ki aap mhuje feed nahi karte ho..but still the people who are lucky to hear from you don't sound like they write in to hear your compliments Shocked.

Darn where was I when that  was happening..may be my trips got in the way.

Hsp.canadadristi64nividancesshidin0117Nisha0604putti77

Nisha0604 IF-Rockerz
Nisha0604
Nisha0604

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
Shevane,

In 5-10 years I am telling you there will be no pandit, it will be a "exchange of vows" wedding inside a Mandap. No offence to that at all but the values of Hinduism seem to be eroding in India all in a quest for "try to be mod-run" or "Bollywood" like

I know of countless vegetarian by birth Desis here that cook a TURKEY for thanksgiving but are "too busy on Diwali" to make kheerBig smile  "My Choice My Choice bolkar what was original and authentic will quickly disappear.

Wedding cakes dont even make sense to meDead
Raising a toast, bride and groom dance in madisaar? (9 yards?) Those are missing now.

Bollywood celebrates Halloween. When Bollywood starts celebrating Independence on July 4th and starts wearing red white and blue, I bet many would want the Independence day moved and the Natl flag colors changedLOL

KM03dristi64Hsp.canadanividancesshidin0117putti77

Go to top