Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nividances thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
The dude is baffled by how they sometimes had to sit on the steps if the person with the keys didn't make it home on time. This has happened so many times to me during middle school because I would always forget my keys in my locker at school and mom would usually get caught in traffic and be a few minutes late coming home from work. I distinctly remember how my brother and I would fight for the spot on the stairs that was in the shade. I usually let him have it since he was the younger one. ๐Ÿ˜›

It's so interesting how you can take such small real-life instances and weave them into the story to make it a noteworthy point.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kalviswes

Ayyo..feel so bad for Vandu.  Being pregnant and having all this happen at the same time๐Ÿ˜ญ

Thank you for the wonderful update Nisha.  Again Vandu is a really amazing character.  I hope she catches a break soon.  II is really being a supportive sister-it is wonderful to see.  

II ADORES her Akka, sometimes I feel she loves her Akka more than Amma๐Ÿค—

Kala, kashtam ille? I mean the life of a woman in a joint family in India is extremely tough, she just got a break because she was given time off unexpectedly๐Ÿ˜ญ
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: shidin0117

Yeah Ashu, its really tough on parents...and the worse part being mothers get blamed in most cases, that u if you r stay at home moms. the first ques. will Is this what ur mother taught you?

I cried for a whole day and wsa in a bad mood for a week...worrying...Wonder how our parents brought us up in their time.

So bloody TRUE!!

I still have no clue how our parents managed to bring us all up so effectively without one stain!!

Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: nividances

The dude is baffled by how they sometimes had to sit on the steps if the person with the keys didn't make it home on time. This has happened so many times to me during middle school because I would always forget my keys in my locker at school and mom would usually get caught in traffic and be a few minutes late coming home from work. I distinctly remember how my brother and I would fight for the spot on the stairs that was in the shade. I usually let him have it since he was the younger one. ๐Ÿ˜›

It's so interesting how you can take such small real-life instances and weave them into the story to make it a noteworthy point.

I used to sit on the steps every week...Once at least

I loved sitting there and singing and doodling ๐Ÿ˜†
nividances thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Thank you๐Ÿ˜ƒ I wrote it on the fly... I knew I was going to have him steal but thats about it, when I started typing it all came to me
THANKS NIVI
ITS FABULOUS you love it so

So shaadi ya romance ki tayyari shuru? Din raat phone par baatein, har dam uske sapne. Ghar ka kaam seekho, silayi bunayi kadhayee (which one is a pan๐Ÿ˜†) I will quiz you latee, "Bhindi ki subzi mein ajwain lagta hai ki nahi?"

"Ghee kaun se rang ka hona chahiye"

"Roti kitni patli"

Kameez ko tay kaise karte hain?"

BUTTON KAISE SEETE HAIN JAB HERO NE SHIRT PEHNEEE HO๐Ÿ˜ณ

Baaki sab se zyada tum meri taang khichti ho Nisha. ๐Ÿ˜†
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Nivi a story ceases to be a story for me when I am able to connect with  a random incident like that, Mainstream Hindi cinema doesnt offer that at all, I remember in Lunch Box there were many such occasions though I am not from Mumbai... I would read letters from India in my early years here... EXACTLY like Nimrat did, sitting in the dining table chair ONE LEG UP WITH CHAI, wearing a salwar kameez feeling my toe nails as I read it

Nimrat could have been me, I could have been her๐Ÿ˜ณ I will never forget lunch box

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS

peace.. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i am glad vibhutii directed me to d thread ๐Ÿ˜†
Will start Sosy soon. Next week se. Pakka promise. ๐Ÿ˜Š
kalavathi5 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yes mothers do get blamed in most cases, though they may be working full time, handling the house, and kids, and all the associated activities.  I see that attitude in many families that I know...  It is not enough to contribute financially, but your other responsibilities do not go away either.

I agree Nisha--sometimes it does feel like II loves Vandu more.  It is a very sweet relationship between the two of them.  Kudos to you for writing such a beautiful one!  ๐Ÿ‘
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Baaki sab se zyada tum meri taang khichti ho Nisha. ๐Ÿ˜†

Arey bhai tum to dulhan ho, tumhe rookha sookha kaise chhod dein? shaadi mein tumhe maza EK BAAT SE HAI๐Ÿ˜‰ Hum sabka maza TUMHE kheenchne mein hai. Savor every minute love... enjoy all the attention... kitne saalon ki apni parents ki ichha tum poori kar rahi ho tumhe zara bhi idea nahi hoga... blessed are those that have a girl child, to be able to raise one AND GIVE HER AWAY  IS THE GREATEST GIFT GIVING mankind will ever know
Hope he is everything u dreamed of

nividances thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ashu25

I used to sit on the steps every week...Once at least

I loved sitting there and singing and doodling ๐Ÿ˜†

Those were the days! ๐Ÿ˜ญ 
The biggest worry used to be if mom would get home in time for us to watch Arthur, which used to come on at 4pm every afternoon. ๐Ÿ˜›