Divya or Reeti- Who do you agree with?

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi peeps! πŸ˜ƒ

So, I thought the Divya and Reeti conversation was a nice touch to an otherwise filler episode yesterday.

I liked how that conversation revealed the thought process of both Biyani girls.

Though I'm persuaded by Divya's side of the argumentπŸ˜›, I also appreciated Reeti's worldview. I think she put across her point well and exposed me to a new way of thinking.

Reeti is the kind of person who values relationships a lot and wants to make sure they work out. She's the kind of person who would say sorry during a small argument, even if she right. It's because she believes that reaching a solution is more important than holding your own in an argument.
I really hope she sticks to her adage of 'speak out when required'. Her attitude should not mean that she lets the Poddars walk all over her. They are a family of psychos, so she should watch out, hehe. πŸ˜‰

I think the bond between Reeti and Divya is very endearing. Both of them love and look out for each other. Frankly speaking, I really enjoyed Divya's dhulaayi of the Poddars when Vibhor disappeared on the day of the engagement and wish she would do it again. πŸ˜† Manisha and Kajal need regular doses of Divya, especially. I hope Divya keeps coming to Reeti's aid when they trouble her and show them who's boss.

So, what say? Whose worldview matches with yours?

Divya or Reeti?

Edited by clarity - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BepannaahPyaar thumbnail
Frankly speaking, I very much agree with Reeti, though Divya is right at a point too.
1. Reeti is a sort of person who makes the first move to forgive and forget while Divya is a sort of person who makes sure that the mistake is rectified.
2. Reeti is calm while Divya is impulsive.
3. Reeti makes sure that she hears out others POV while Divya makes sure that she is heard by the others.

Great characterization of the sisters by the CVs.
And when it comes to back-answering Kajal and Manisha, though I enjoyed Divya's outburst, I'd want Reeti to do it in her own sweet way. Divya's outburst may or may not make them shut up, but Reeti's answer will surely silence them.
clarity thumbnail
Well put, Niru.
Even I think the characterization has been great. They are almost opposites in temperament but both are likeable.

Reeti's perspective yesterday showed me a different side that I appreciated. I like her calm way of dealing with problems, but I just hope the CVs don't make her subservient in that bargain. Reeti is a very intelligent girl,  so she can be polite yet firm. Will enjoy seeing that. 
Elita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Interesting topic Apu πŸ‘πŸΌ

I think both Divya and Reethi are right from their POV. Divya here stands for an independent girl who is yet to see and understand the way of the world she lives in. For now she has a solid roof over her head, well protected and everything she wishes for is laid before her. So also for Reethi...but, Reethi has seen the world and it's way a li'll more than her sister and is now on the threshold of marriage. She is entering a new home...her identity changes from being someone's daughter to someone's wife, DIL, SIL etc etc. She may remain the same person...but her responsibilities and duties have increased. And in a marital relationship...winning is not important as it's not a game (unfortunately Vibhor thinks so)... it's a bond, a commitment which both have to oblige and for that ego has to be kept aside and balance needs to be maintained. Silence needn't be a person's weakness... it buys time and earns respect and also saves from an unwanted situation. 
Here I feel Reethi being silent is her nature...her way of understanding and reacting to things which she ought to ignore...but not her weakness...just her goodness. She did give back Vibhor at the ATM when he went on accusing her and her father. She appears as a silent but strong fighter for now. Her calmness and practicality appeals...as long as she doesn't become another gopi or Suhani am okay with her character...silent, calm, strong and smart 😊 Let's see how she copes and manages situations post marriage. 

Edited by Elita - 8 years ago
clarity thumbnail
Originally posted by: Elita

Interesting topic Apu πŸ‘πŸΌ

I think both Divya and Reethi are right from their POV. Divya here stands for an independent girl who is yet to see and understand the way of the world she lives in. For now she has a solid roof over her head, well protected and everything she wishes for is laid before her. So also for Reethi...but, Reethi has seen the world and it's way a li'll more than her sister and is now on the threshold of marriage. She is entering a new home...her identity changes from being someone's daughter to someone's wife, DIL, SIL etc etc. She may remain the same person...but her responsibilities and duties have increased. And in a marital relationship...winning is not important as it's not a game (unfortunately Vibhor thinks so)... it's a bond, a commitment which both have to oblige and for that ego has to be kept aside and balance needs to be maintained. Silence needn't be a person's weakness... it buys time and earns respect and also saves from an unwanted situation. 
Here I feel Reethi being silent is her nature...her way of understanding and reacting to things which she ought to ignore...but not her weakness...just her goodness. She did give back Vibhor at the ATM when he went on accusing her and her father. She appears as a silent but strong fighter for now. Her calmness and practicality appeals...as long as she doesn't become another gopi or Suhani am okay with her character...silent, calm, strong and smart 😊 Let's see how she copes and manages situations post marriage. 

Insightful reply, Eli. 

I agree with you.  I think both girls have different perspectives, and they have good reason to stand where they do. Yes, Marriage is not a game and as you said, a successful marriage is not about winning but preserving the bond between two people. Vibhor is pretty immature, and all the analogies he draws between video games and marriage prove it.πŸ˜‰ Reeti's approach is a grounded and mature one that ensures relationships are not ground to dust under the pestle of ego. Admirable.πŸ‘πŸΌ

I also agree that her silence is because of her goodness. She's not a ferocious person and has her own way of dealing with things. 
shree_25sm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i like both character very much .  reeti s cool , calm type of person which i liked most & otherside divya s bubbly im patience just lik his jiju vibhorπŸ˜†   . sometime simple words can b solve big problem . so i really wanna c reeti as strong person not typical bahu of tv πŸ˜‘  i read every reply & happy ppl like  bd πŸ˜‰ 
clarity thumbnail
Originally posted by: shree_007

i like both character very much .  reeti s cool , calm type of person which i liked most & otherside divya s bubbly im patience just lik his jiju vibhorπŸ˜†   . sometime simple words can b solve big problem . so i really wanna c reeti as strong person not typical bahu of tv πŸ˜‘  i read every reply & happy ppl like  bd πŸ˜‰ 

Me too, Shree. Both sisters are gonna be Poddars now, so we'll see two different ways of dealing with them. Will be so much fun. I'm sure Divya unhe achcha waala mazza chakhayegi. πŸ˜† Jiju and saali are similar. The Poddars will have a tough time with Divya lol.
shree_25sm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: clarity

Me too, Shree. Both sisters are gonna be Poddars now, so we'll see two different ways of dealing with them. Will be so much fun. I'm sure Divya unhe achcha waala mazza chakhayegi. πŸ˜† Jiju and saali are similar. The Poddars will have a tough time with Divya lol.

πŸ˜† jija & saali n sam e boat ..poor poddars !πŸ˜† manbhari maasi said well πŸ˜‰picture abhi baaki hain dost .