Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

New FF + MAJOR apology note

-Sanjana- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey all πŸ€—! First things first: plsss mujhe joote mat maarna. I know I know...for those who remember me, I've been inactive from IF for WAY WAY too long! But a of things happened :P (arre good things yaar!) for example, I've almost completed my engineering degree ;) :P
Not that that's an excuse for being inactive...but the work just kept coming, what with assignments, and due dates and exams... :( couldn't find the time to update :( BUTTT I have a good 4 months of holidays during which I plan on giving updates on a regular basis! :D (ab maaf bhi kardo yaaron)
AAANDDD because I felt so bad for completely ditching IF for so long...I do have a little wittle surprise for all u guys (a good one hopefully!)
I'm starting another SS. Yesss but don't freak out LOL this one I will finish before the end of my holidays! :D and you won't have to wait for eonsss for updates πŸ˜†

Also, I have NOT discontinued my other FFs! I will be continuing them as well :P if u need a bit of a refresher on those FFs you can definitely go over to my FFs section that i've made sure u see in every post I make πŸ˜†

Love you guys still and NO I haven't forgotten any one of you lovelies even though u may have forgotten me 😭

Love,
Sanjana

P.S., what's the deal with YouTube??? no more vms on there??? da heckk
P.P.S, I'm posting part one of the new FF and then am getting to updating one of the other FFs that you guys liked! :P either LGWJG or BLOATDQ :P

for Pms.. buddy moi moi moi :D

ok bye. im ready for jootasπŸ˜­πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sanjana- thumbnail
 Part 1 - Flashback

Stories always work the same way - a strange beginning, conflicts in the middle...perhaps a dashing hero and a few fight sequences; but in the end, the prince always gets the princess and they live happily ever after. Stories, sadly, are the workings of an idle brain with temporarily creative ideas and rarely resemble the truth. What I am about to tell you today is my life's bleak truth that continues haunting me every day of my life. My name is Khushi. I lost my parents in a car accident when I was 2 years old. I have no memories with them. Everything I've ever known since then has been the orphanage I was brought up in. Orphanages are often thought of as being grim places that lack of love and care...cold... It isn't true. At least for me it was certainly not the case. Shraddha Aunty gave me the love of a mother that I had lost somewhere. She was one of the main caretakers of the orphanage and 19 years later, she is still closer to me than any family I could possibly have. And then of course I had Payal to count on.

Payal Khanna is Shraddha auntie's daughter and my sister in every possible way that counts. Every Saturday she'd come to the orphanage with chocolates and candy that she'd smuggled from home. We'd share it and go to our special tree that sat on the outskirts of the orphanage and talk on hours about what we'd seen during the week. As the years progressed, it became a routine and a weekend without her was both boring and torturous.

The life I'd compromised with, however, changed entirely when I turned 21. "Khushi beta," Shraddha aunty had said, "there's someone here who says he needs to speak with you." I had been stunned. Someone wanted to speak with me? I hadn't had a visitor in...well I'd never really had one. I walked out into the veranda where I was told my visitor was being seated, cautiously. I wasn't sure what to expect from this at all.

He was tall and lanky with dark hair and glasses that insisted on slipping to his nose. He also had a contagious kind of smile. "Hi there, you must be Khushi Gupta," he said. "My name is Shekhar Malhotra." He extended his hand for me to shake. "I was your parents' lawyer". My interest was immediately piqued. A lawyer? Here to see me? I had always been told that my parents died in a car accident...but I'd always wondered... How did my parents look like? What were they like? Maybe he could fill in the blanks for me.

"Shall we sit?" he asked. I nodded and took my seat across from him. "I'm truly sorry about the tragedy," he began. I shook my head, "don't be. I barely remember them. This is my family now, and this is home." He smiled, but it was a sad smile this time. "Well that's very brave of you to say Khushi. And it is with this same bravery I expect you will take the news I'm about to give you now." I nodded, immediately intrigued. "You see, your father was no ordinary man. He was the owner of the Gupta Industries. Perhaps you've heard?" I shook my head. "No, I hadn't realized that he was...but what's that got to do with me?" He took the coffee cup that had been placed on the small, round table and took a long sip. "If I'm not mistaken, your 21st birthday was not too long ago?" I nodded, realizing where this conversation was heading and dreading it. "You see, your father had come to me a few years prior to...the tragedy...and had a will made. And in his will he had stated that when you turn 21, you are to inherit the entire business, house, and any other finances that he may have secured elsewhere." I almost choked at the news. "Excuse me?? Me? Run a business? Sir you must be out of your mind. I know NOTHING about business. I can barely figure myself out and now you expect me to run a BUSINESS???"

"An international business," he corrected and then chuckled. "And you haven't let me finish." I felt the colour draining from my face. What more was left to hear?? "I realize that running a business may not exactly be your area of expertise-"

"-that's an understatement," I interrupted. "-but," he continued, unhindered, "I have thought it through. You won't be running the business alone. We have spoken to members from the Raizada Corporation. They may be your family's competitors business-wise, but your parents shared more than that with the Raizadas. They were close friends as well and they were the ones that helped your father start his business. We've spoken to the elder son of the family, Mr. Arnav Raizada, and he is willing to help you out in running the business. You won't be alone by any means Khushi."

My head was spinning. I had no idea what to make of this. "Mr. Malhotra," I started slowly, "I think I need some time to process all of this. Can I get back to you on this please?" He nodded, "yes of course, Khushi!" He reached into the pocket of his black suit and pulled out a notepad and pen. After scribbling down a few things on the paper, he handed it over to me. "Here is my number. You can reach me at any time. I look forward to hearing back from you." He stood up, stiffened and held out his hand once more for me to shake. I stood slowly, one more question irking my brain, "And what happens if I choose to deny running the business?" He shrugged, "Then the name Gupta Industries' will no longer exist and will become a merged business with the Raizada Corporations. I highly suggest you think it through though. Your father worked hard his entire life to get that business up and running. And if you decide to not continue running the business, his hard work will go entirely to waste." I sighed. "Alright thank you Mr. Malhotra."

I had walked back down the long, white hall lost in thought. I had never really known my father. And the little bit that I did know about him did not include his ownership of the Gupta Industries. Why hadn't Shraddha aunty said anything? She would have known about this wouldn't she? And the Raizadas, who had apparently been my father's friends. Not once had they come to check up on me at the orphanage. Then how could they have been my father's friends? Something was not right here. It didn't fit. I had been walking in such a daze that I hadn't noticed Payal's light taps on my shoulder. "KHUSHI??" She hollered at last. "Are you ok? Who was that man?"

I sighed. "My father's lawyer apparently." Payal gazed at me worriedly. Clearly I was not in my elements. "Do you want to talk about it?"

We walked over to our usual spot by the enormous magnolia tree and sat underneath its shade. "My father was apparently the owner of an international business - the Gupta Industries." Payal's eyes widened at this revelation. "And after his death he left his entire business, houses, and money in my hands. Mr. Malhotra, my father's lawyer, said that I now have to run the business." Payal's mouth dropped open. "But that's insane! You can't! I mean, you don't know HOW!" I nodded, throwing my arms up in exasperation. "That's EXACTLY my point! I know NOTHING about running a business. Mr. Malhotra said he's spoken with some guy...Arnav Raizada...who is apparently the son of my father's friend... and he said he'd help me out. But HONESTLY it's kind of crazy to expect a 21 year old to be running a business isn't it??!"

Payal chewed her lip thoughtfully. "But your father...if that's what he'd written in his will... he clearly believed that you'd be capable of running the business."

"He also probably assumed that he'd be alive and well to send me to a high class university and get a degree in business management. Which I don't have." I added. "I mean, this has to be some kind of pathetic joke."

Payal shrugged. "Or maybe not. Maybe this is what you're meant to do. Maybe this is destiny." I sighed. "Wow Payal, and I thought you'd actually understand me." She shook her head quickly. "But I do understand you Khushi! I'm just...thinking in your father's opinion for a second. If that's what he wanted you to do...maybe that's what you should do. See where life takes you. Besides, you won't be alone! You'd have Arnav."

"And what if I take the wrong decisions and the entire business crashes?" I asked worriedly.

"But what if you take the RIGHT decisions with Arnav's help and make Gupta Industries an even more successful company?" She retorted. "Look Khushi, the way I look at it, this could go any which way. You could either be great at it, or suck at it. Either way you'd have business advisors to help you out. You won't be making any decisions on your own you know? But you won't know until you give it a shot. Besides, this is what your father wanted."

I had walked to my room still dazed and more confused than ever. But Payal had a point. I was admitting defeat without even fighting the battle. And I wasn't that kind of girl. I looked at the idol of Devi Maiyya on my bedside table. "Please Devi Maiyya. Help me make the right decision..." And with that, leaving all my worries to her, I pulled out the little chit of paper and dialed the number.

"Mr. Malhotra?"

"Ah yes Khushi beta! What's the matter?"

"I've decided." I had said nervously.

"Oh...and...?"

"I'll do it. I'll run the business."   

Edited by -Sanjana- - 8 years ago
Rish_Rubles thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Interesting Part 1, Continue soon
wish to read the next part eagerly!
and PM meee!😳
-Sanjana- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rishaal

Interesting Part 1, Continue soon

wish to read the next part eagerly!
and PM meee!😳

Awww will do asap <3 Thank youuEmbarrassed
Downhill thumbnail
simply amazing
loved itc
Willy_Wonka. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Its interesting! Do pm please :D 
 Would love to read more<3 
-Roshini- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting start. Continue soon
Pm me when u update
jdd1959 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
LOVED      D     START...
INTERESTING...
LOOKING      4WARD        2      READ     MORE...
PLS     PM    ME    WHEN     U   UPDATE...
ameena671 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow awesome start loved it please continue soon.
candyjan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome start...
Do pm me...