Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

white_beauty thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: charminggenie

@White - Thing is MaNan on the whole are always consistent, it's the externals , the B-stories, the conflicts that differ. You could actually see the flow and pinpoint the problems and the rectifications But whoever is writing them these days, extra point for maintaining the sensitivity and the depth for the show. Very hard job to do after 200 episodes . 

@AH- ATB for your exams. I know  whined way too much, actually it's a complaint since long. Not only Nandu's break-down but the way it's handled even through Manik makes it special. As long as the conflict, arc is between them, you can never go wrong . Together they be love. 
See Nandu really didn't have any other conflict defined in the start apart from Musicana wala break-up, since then relationship has been her conflict. Because there was nothing else to play her around. Rishab is linked with Dhruv that ropes in Manik and , the night is also very Manik connected. Through this external trauma and with Manik saving her , yet she hitting the lows, the awareness is all her own. Even with his support , the efforts she is doing like the finger thing speaks volume for her strength- for me personally, that be symbol of spirit. 

the consistency of MaNan was shown so well today:)
and yes the sensitivity and depth is being maintained. today manik telling her that he will wait he is there whenever she wants him around him reminded me of the date night when he said he will catch her whenever she falls he let her go because he knows they will always find there way towards ecah other. FC did a lot of damage but it sure did bring that balance in there relationship. today its evolved and i am glad that they havent bought any external conflict for them!
this is not angst track this is healing her. for a guy like manik showing so much patience being there for her waiting giving her space its so huge.
keeping aside all the mess up they have always maintained or atleast made an effort to keep the essence of manan alive
FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
UGH Not getting time right now but just let me say this.
CVS THANKYOU SOOO MUCH!!! OH MY GOD I've not felt like this in ages! I WANT TO REWATCH THE WHOLE EPISODE! SOOO SOOO GOOD! BEST EPISODE EVER AFTER A LONG TIME FOR ME! You've upped your game and how! No words do justice to this, IT WAS SOOO GOOD! And Manik's I LOVE YOU. THAANKYOU FOR THIS. IT WAS IT FOR ME! AND THE SONG. actually everything, Cavya OH MAN CAVYA <3 MANBIR and MANAN. THE SUBTLETY! I wanna fangirl, damn feeels!!! THANKYOU SO SO MUCH <3 I think i'll rewatch asap 23344567 times! 

AHMAAZING EPISODE! And that ILY. It has to be it for me, this is my most favorite confession <33 AAH. I JUST <3

MY FAVORITE SONG AS OF NOW <3 The IMPACT WAS JUST
geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wish: ðŸ¤—

I like what u said about love and maNan.. agreed...it's not like they don't know it, for one another, it wasn't really hyped..the surprise wasn't the I LOVE YOU, it was other things: making each other happy through literal examples of symbolic assurances..i LOVED how that was played out...
But today, when M said I LOVE YOU, it was as a reassurance, because she said she doesn't like herself anymore, and I liked that somehow, added a kind of depth to it that is so often missing in I Love Yous
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 13thwish

What? Why me? I loved NYE then, I love it now and always will regardless. Because I don't view it like you guys do. Yes, I've always wanted more for Nandini specifically but not for MaNan, not at that point. See, at the time it was the best they were capable of and I cherish it as such.  He needed an ideal to cling to cuz he was in a very dark place and she needed to be the one who got him out of there no matter the cost/risk to self (a throwback to our early days, would you say?😉)
So even if it was co-dependent and unhealthy, yet still effective as the need of the hour. 

I wouldn't say moved away from challenges, so much as evolved from it.. their relationship is in a higher place, they no longer require a stabilizing condition to sustain their equation.. they have learnt to find the balance between themselves..

The toxic track while accurate on paper had too many execution issues and so the intent never carried effectively. This time around the CVs have definitely done better by Nandu, so kudos to them for that.

This unabashed, understated yet very natural way they put each other first now, so openly above and beyond everything else is just so touching.. that precap.. LOVE😳

Showdowns when I'm PMSing pliss.. It will be outright war then😈

@P: LOL.. always happy to entertain😆

Hey as a MaNan fan I understand the NYE and love it too, I gave the same argument to Box then, that as much as dysfunctional it was, he was in a very very dark place and she too would have been had he didn't throw that bait . It's just that it wasn't defined well, again like you said execution faltered with hospital track which couldn't substantiate Nandu's fears. The whole AbhiNi convo came pretty late and audience would never understand how huge it is for Nandu to e with Manik inspite of the fear of him leaving her for fab5 . They never defined it well. Which is why this whole thing shines more because since there is no conflict for Manik as such , the focus is solely on Nandu's fears, struggle and healing. And having it played through different characters- ManBir, Navya , the whole thing gets drilled in a viewer''s head. When ML and others show respect to Nandu's state that earns them instant audience approval- that was missing for Nandu.  Basically they did wise by having so many people talk about Nandini, so her trauma is not centered just around her or MaNan , that makes it light and easy to relate. 

True, their MO has evolved and it makes me so happy. There is no pressure because the end game is reassuring, he will be there and she will always seek him. 

@ let me know when you want to have that show-down. Lets clash and burn. Game on 13th. 

white_beauty thumbnail

Originally posted by: geet.a

I like what u said about love and maNan.. agreed...it's not like they don't know it, for one another, it wasn't really hyped..the surprise wasn't the I LOVE YOU, it was other things: making each other happy through literal examples of symbolic assurances..i LOVED how that was played out...
But today, when M said I LOVE YOU, it was as a reassurance, because she said she doesn't like herself anymore, and I liked that somehow, added a kind of depth to it that is so often missing in I Love Yous

this exactly geet!
it added so much depth to the i love you today. she said she doesnt like herself anymore and then manik says he loves her no matter what. it was so perfect!😳
geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I read this in a book I JUST began:

'Wounds are said to emit light under certain conditions-touch them and the brightness will stay on the hands...'
BoxedIn thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Aww look who's writing essays again. 😆
13thwish thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Geet:🤗 
Same. I love how MaNan have always been more about "showing" than "telling".. this is like such a cardinal rule for any good story teller.. and also the best possible way to maintain that connect with your audience.. This is why MaNan have won our hearts and the magice is still consistent even now 200 episodes later.. Their love is out there for themselves, each other and all to see.. it is their foundation not their destination.. this is why they are able to rely and so effortlessly build on it😳

@Genie: Have I indulged you for enough today? Now prepare to be schooled in private for your vanishing acts and other shenanigans😈

Oh, it's coming.. also do you remember how I warned you can never win with me?  #justsaying
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

^^ All of this. 

I loved and it was so refreshing that love was all about symbolism in the end. They both knew it , they both were so secured in their feelings even with the FC fiasco that made it special for me. it wasn't about a confession at all , because they both were living the  love the entire time. When he asks her if she trusts him and their togetherness- that was love. When she shares her fears and he reassures that he will sort- love again. The whole teasing was more of a celebration , happiness and was never meant to be a surprise or  huge deal for them. 

But today it was special for me because she needed to hear it from him. She was questioning her own self , her won worth and here the guy says he doesn't care because he will always love her. 

@White - That trust fall - when he told her that she can fall, do silly things and he will always be there for her has become the crux of  their relationship in a way. This is the depth that we like and fangush upon. Not just today but the whole FC time , whenever Nandu was reaching her break-point, Manik was stepping up. I am glad she hit it now, because that just open up to see how Nandu falls more in love with Manik and how he handles her. The very basic stability of their relationship is created now.

13th- You totally baited me. ðŸ˜†
13thwish thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I read this in a book I JUST began:

'Wounds are said to emit light under certain conditions-touch them and the brightness will stay on the hands...'

Even more so if the wounded in question is a unicorn😛😆