Reporting - The Kabir-Ananya Story

violette thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Kabir definitely has a soft spot for Ms. Kashyap, may b its her innocence or her striving for truth - the real factual truth!  That's what essentially makes one a good reporter and Kabir really appreciates that.  Also she is courageous, resourceful, intelligent, and does her job with passion, dedication, and complete honesty, qualities which are kind of unmatched to her colleagues.  That's why she is Kabir's Go-getter!  I like that Kabir chose her, challenged her, made her earn her respect, place, and KKN badge.  He taught her the importance of this weapon called investigative journalism in enlightening the truth, bringing forth the justice, and relaying the right social message the right way.  I think that was essential for Ananya as a reporter to grow.  She is young.  She is dynamic and I think that's what Kabir likes about her the most.  And moreover she is true at heart and sensitive, outspoken, bold, and fearless.  One who dares a man like Kabir has to have some guts!😳

She also cleverly noosed him on his own words.  I still cant forget that scene with Malvika in PCR.😆  Poor man he was shocked and struck dumb when she revealed that he had kept his eyes on her bracelet.  😆  I loved the way he stared at her while she was making up the whole story with Varun.🤣  He already has beginning to know her so well!  That staircase scene!  She can be a true nautanki.😆  I guess he must've known her mettle after he had had her almost caught in that Politician case and yet she had managed to save her skin cleverly and got that breaking news too.

But Kabir knows how to disguise his thoughts.  One cannot make such powerful editor-in-chief without that trait! 👍🏼  I want to see how and when he would compromise his integrity for some breaking news!  But I still feel that that answer was just to tease Ananya!😆  Also his "Filhaal nahi!" regarding his "scene" with Malvika, we know that The Kabir Sharma wouldn't b this frank with some junior reporter without a reason!   His wry humor, I love it!😆

But in him, Ms. Kashyap sees her idol, her savior.  We don't know much about her past but I am sure Kabir is well aware of her history.  He seems to b the kind of guy who would love to gather all the information about the ppl he is dealing with beforehand.  I am sure he has all the details about Khalid, Malvika and Manav than we would like to believe.  Or else he wouldn't be so confident in dealing with them.  He has to know all the facts and figures to play with before making his next move.   His sharp intelligence is a result of his knowledge and experience in using the information cleverly, effectively, and impactfully.  He is master at that and he knows that.

His step to follow Ananya might be to know about her khabri Tinnu and to keep a tab on her leads.  Laxman has a hell lot of work in store with Ananya.  But once Ananya realizes she is being followed, I wonder how she will tackle this issue.  Knowing her I am sure she would confront Kabir!  This girl surely has some real guts!😆

Also, I am sure Kabir knows about Ronnie-Ananya's special bond and also that he was Ananya's accomplice in green room sting.  I feel this third angle is going be interesting in this story betn the leads.😳

As for know we already know that Ananya and Kabir will yet again have a fight over ideological differences in their approach towards breaking news, journalism ethics, and humanity.  It is just to be seen who wins this time.  This time I feel Ananya is right and she should win!

As for Kabir-Ananya story, I think it is pacing up nicely.  We can see how this girl called Ananya is slowly warming up Kabir's heart.  He has a smile thinking about her.  He notices her bracelet.  And also that she lies about her "fast!" I am sure he has an inkling about her growing jealousy for Malvika.😆  Her doe-eyed stares, I am sure he is no fool to not know the effects of his charm!😆

Poor girl, she doesn't know what exactly is happening to her.  She is confused as to whether he is what she thinks or if she should be really beware of him as Ronnie states? 😆  Also when Kabir stares at her or vice versa, there is bond of silent understanding.  He can always rely on the fact that she would be one person who would always have a complete faith on him.  For him she is a complete contrast to his ex-wife!  She has a natural curiosity about him but she comes to her own conclusions through factual reasoning.  I think for him its hard to find trust and loyalty than love!

But I think Kabir has played intelligently in admitting his "Filhaal Nahi" relationship with Malivika.  He has kept the door open for a future prospect with her.  She is an imp part of KKN, her voice, opinion matters and he has to keep her under his influence and yet maintain that safe distance.

For now I think the story is progressing nicely.  They just need to bring in some gripping drama via interesting breaking news!

I felt all the breaking news plots till now had a good potential than the way they had been explored.  If the director just makes the pace a bit slow, this show would have more impact!

I love all the characters, finely etched.  Even Trisha's character is not completely dumb! Though she fails to gather Kabir's satiric humor.  "Haan tum bhi dekh lo fashion articles mein kuch Government Hospital ke bare chapa to nahi hai!"  🤣
Edited by violette - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gouri_Joshi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Great observation 
Well done
violette thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gouri_Joshi

Great observation 

Well done

thnx.. actually now that I think Kabir-Ananya story wud get interesting.😆  As they are not going to fall in love so easily.😳  I think it wud take season 2!
Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Is this a story a fan fiction or a post? Coz I need to enter it. In the Index if it is. xD
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Amazing post. Love your analysis.
Initially I was a bit disappointed in the way the characters were showed, but I think post the first week there has been enormous improvement. I think the most intriguing part of the show as of now is the almost absurd totally unpredictable nature of Mr Sharma.  Its such a fun seeing the rest of the characters evolve while they adjust to his antics and his ideas. Also, another thing which I love and never want to be changed in this show is Kabir's skills to camouflage his emotions. I never want to see Ananya as a stepping stone of his life...that would be too filmy and unrealistic! I am sure being such a senior name in the industry he must have come across many intellignet, beautiful and dedicated employees. So showing Ananya as a breaking ground in his life will be too cliched. Rather they should remain like this...a couple with a constant give and take relationship...wherein they keep learning from each other progressively and successively. The thing about Ananya should not be that she is one of a kind in Kabir's life...it should be, she is one of a kind who is actually willing to accept him with all his flaws scars and complexities 😳 She should be that binding force of his life, who infuses her passion and energy in his life but at the same time give his emotions a needed stability too.
Edited by Malika - 8 years ago
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Loved your analysis...
Do make more posts.
ttrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Loved your take on the show & characters! 👏
meenu0527 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Fantastic post ! Loved ur analysis and description of characters.
Zannat18 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Love your post so much, I really like the way you analyzed it.
P.S: From your writing , it seems like you can write FF or SS on Kaya couple 😊

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
this is a very good analysis. how perfectly you have penned it down.
The characters are given time to grown on audience and even their thought process are very well shown, there is an automatic connect to the lead characters, and that makes the story move so smoothly and effortlessly.

I am liking the flow , and the kind of maturity the director is showing in his execution, and extracting some brilliant performances from his lead pair.