The Originals

My review for 2X22 (contains spoilers)

libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Just saw the episode:

Anyone looking for amazing action scenes would be definitely disappointed. But this ending was perfect considering both JP and Narducci had said it revolved around a fairytale.

I loved the episode for many reasons:

1) Finally Klaus gets some part of the payment he deserved. I know he still got Elijah with him but would you really call it a bond when one is forced to stay with other for someone else's sake?

2) Hope really turns out to be the miracle of the family. Klaus's siblings might have left him or some are forced to stay with him but in the end they all stood together to protect her. They were able to overcome their differences, even if for small time, to destroy Dahlia. I just hope she doesn't turn out to be the brat of the family with all this love and affection showered on her.

3) I will miss Rebekah like hell and Claire too but i want her to have her happiness, fulfill her promise about bringing back Kol and for once live a life independently and with full freedom. Let's hope when Eva's body has served her purposes (witch powers and human life) Rebekah returns back to her own. I know she will because she can't stay long away from her family.

4) I'm glad Hayley told Elijah to stay. I know its very selfish to not let Elijah have his own life for once but this time the stakes are very high: a child's life! Klaus can be lovely, protective and all but he isn't an amazing father of the year! someone needs to be there to tell Hope what Klaus does is not good and there is another way to choose too.

5) Thank God Freya did not die. Her scenes were really good. Specially the ones where she tried to kill Klaus. It was clearly shown how she longed for this family and hated to kill one of her own.

6) Dahlia-Esther's scene were a bit dull. One needs to understand there deep rooted love for each other and Esther's guilt to know that this is a good ending for them. It's difficult to do so because we hardly had much scenes between Esther and Dahlia. we hardly could connect Alice's Esther with Dahlia as sisters.

7) They should have included more actions scenes. You are offing the most badass antagonist of TO and we get such rosy ending? It would have been good if we could have got more actions. I felt the episode was really short compared to other previous episodes.

8) Davina got fooled and furious. Moral of the story: Never get out of your safety and leave you precious belonging to talk to someone you don't trust! what was the need to get out of the cementry? Davina should have said, "just talk whatever you want right here."

9) Cami was really good with Klaus. The scene of their greetings were so good. At one side i'm glad Klaus isn't getting involved in any relationship but on the other side God knows what stops that guy? I think he feels if he gets involved with Cami she will get under more danger than she already is in.

10) Such short Hayley was such good! I could not even express the happiness i felt with such short scene. I hope she realizes her foolishness and never tries to cross Klaus! Get over yourself Hayley!Besides what Klaus did was best for her considering Dahlia was going to kill her. I wish Klaus once asks Elijah to what possibly could have been a better way to save that stubborn unreasonable wolf Queen from getting herself killed by a witch she can only bark at and not bite!

I do have one concern regarding Hayley's state. I know she will get out of this mess thanks to his noble boyfriend-cum-child's uncle but since Klaus has no plans to do it himself i feel he is doing wrong to Hope. Klaus needs to learn that his ruthlessness is nothing you can teach your child and not when that ruthlessness is directed on her own mother. Hope doesn't deserve such a broken family. If Klaus really wants to give Hope a happy childhood then he needs to start respecting his siblings and get better at co-parenting with Hayley. His own attitude was one of the reasons that greatly contributed to Hayley's stupid plans.Had he been little soft or open towards her then i guess she wouldn't have need to shift towards those stupid option named Jackson!

The episode seemed a bit predictable. This time they did a poor job of keeping the spoilers to themselves. I had already predicated many things (with the help of The Originals Wiki members) and was able to connect the dots and tell how and what will conspire. Let's not include Facebook viewers as,in my honest opinion, they don't seem to get the show properly.

For season 3, i just hope it doesn't revolve around Hope again, there is a time jump and we get lot more actions than this season. This season was dedicated to family feuds and emotional drama so it's ok but next season should be more about vampires and live action and it would do them good if we can get  proper action from werewolves where they are not handing over their asses in platter or Hayley is not speaking more than necessary.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlurredLines thumbnail
Yep klaus deserves it but still I felt like it was a forced reason just to rift apart the siblings. It the finale let bring Claire just for one ep, how make klaus act as an revenge seeking sibling,  we need a reason for elijah to hate klaus kill gia the one disposable character which I actually liked so yeah klaus deserves it all but all the reasons seem forced to me by the writers. 
Also I have a problem with the wat they give a flowery ending to all the villian be it tvd or originals. Thet humanize the antoganosit in the last minute and make there death lack the sense of satisfaction we usually get when villians are defeated. So yep sudden love speech of esther made no sense. It over so let move on. 

I heard from the promo hayley was back thankfully it was such a short one. But as you said I do wish klaus atleast said I wanted it to be convincing and I find a way to bring her back. 

BlurredLines thumbnail
Well I honestly don't like this davina the all powerful regent. Personally I don't like how they are shaping up her character and this whole revenge plan of hers seems hilarious to me. 

libsrocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: NitaMikealson

Yep klaus deserves it but still I felt like it was a forced reason just to rift apart the siblings. It the finale let bring Claire just for one ep, how make klaus act as an revenge seeking sibling,  we need a reason for elijah to hate klaus kill gia the one disposable character which I actually liked so yeah klaus deserves it all but all the reasons seem forced to me by the writers. 

Also I have a problem with the wat they give a flowery ending to all the villian be it tvd or originals. Thet humanize the antoganosit in the last minute and make there death lack the sense of satisfaction we usually get when villians are defeated. So yep sudden love speech of esther made no sense. It over so let move on. 

I heard from the promo hayley was back thankfully it was such a short one. But as you said I do wish klaus atleast said I wanted it to be convincing and I find a way to bring her back. 

About Dahlia and Esther situation, i would say it was Esther's fault for not owning up to her mistake and maybe somewhere deep within Dahlia was waiting for that apology and regret on Esther's face. Had Esther done it 1000 yrs before, this all wouldn't have happened but Esther not only left but never looked back till she needed her help. Though i agree the scene had it's hit and miss considering the time between when Esther chocked her and Klaus staked them was quiet long enough for Dahlia to make a move so it looked a bit fake but nevertheless the beauty of their death was heart touching. Esther, who was introduced as a mother hell bent on killing her children because she sees no humanity and hope in them, was the one who sacrificed herself to save them and also realized her mistake by looking at the bond between her children.

Elijah had solid reasons to turn his back on Klaus. Gia was a vampire so Elijah had a pretty good chance to be with her as opposed to all the previous lovers he lost due to Klaus. Plus Gia was the first girl who made him feel free and told him to enjoy life. He was getting over that Hayley drama thanks to Gia and suddenly Klaus took away that little ray of sunshine for him. It wasn't really Gia's death but the great amount of anger Elijah had accumulated for Klaus over the years because of his selfish ways that destroy their family. Now all that anger erupted like volcano for which i don't blame him. Klaus has being a major reasons for his siblings' unhappiness. Thanks to his dominating ways, his paranoid nature and dictating methods his siblings are fed of him and anyone would be. Klaus's intentions are good and he does love his siblings but his attitude has become really intolerable for anyone. Had he respected his siblings and given them the chance of happiness they deserve then it would have been so bad. He should know that his siblings love him so, when in need, they will return to him and be the family he can trust in time of troubles.
BlurredLines thumbnail
Well I agree all of them makes sense. Elijah finally losing his patience with klaus and Esther making amends. 
But when it comes to tvd and originals nothing lasts long,  so esther might come back again to kill the mikaelsons i for one hope esther is a closed chapter never to be opened again.

And elijah will be able to forgive klaus once few episodes possess in season 3. 

BlurredLines thumbnail
About esther i know thats what they implied but didn't esther see the mikaelsons siblings fighting together all the time to beat her. So the sudden realisation suited the story. 

libsrocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: NitaMikealson

Well I agree all of them makes sense. Elijah finally losing his patience with klaus and Esther making amends. 

But when it comes to tvd and originals nothing lasts long,  so esther might come back again to kill the mikaelsons i for one hope esther is a closed chapter never to be opened again.

And elijah will be able to forgive klaus once few episodes possess in season 3. 

Mikael, Esther and Dahlia's death is final this time. Narducci said they are closing old chapters of Original Family and this will be the last time we will get to see the first generation of Mikaelsons. Now the story will focus on Mikaelson siblings as Original and not some tormented 1000 yrs old children.
BlurredLines thumbnail
That a good news then. Because it will get repeatative if they still kept going back to the past.
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Any idea how long ll b the time jump?
BlurredLines thumbnail
My guess work year max. Because how can they let hayley suffer longer than that haha.