Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

DP: I wish I had got a chance to do Rockstar (Page 5)

awesomegurti IF-Stunnerz
awesomegurti
awesomegurti

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:01am | IP Logged

We all simply loved Kareena Kapoor's performance as Geet in Jab We Met. Director Imtiaz Ali thought the same! Thus, when he came up with the idea of his next project Rockstar, his initial choice of the female lead was Kareena Kapoor!

However, since the script of Rockstar required some romantic scenes between the female lead and the lead actor Ranbir Kapoor, he could not rope in Kareena as Ranbir and she are related by blood! To fit in Kareena, he could not think of casting any other lead actor other than Ranbir coz he felt that it was a tailor made role for him and no one else could have portrayed it to perfection other than Ranbir.

In a recent interview, Ranbir Kapoor admitted that Imtiaz was keen to work with Kareena but since she was his (Ranbir's) sister, things could not work out! Ranbir even said that he would love to work with Kareena in the future, provided the roles are not romantic ones!

Ranbir got candid and also talked about his granduncle, late Shammi Kapoor. He said that working with Shammi Kapoor was a learning and memorable experience for him and the whole team of Rockstar! Ranbir was also all praises for the music composer of Rockstar, A R Rahman.

Rockstar is slated to release on November 11th.

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sultan_Of_Swing

Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

I think deepika padukone should stop cashing on ranbir's name... she is well established now...
Esp during promotions, she remembers ranbir well LOL..her interest to do rockstar, she has told so many times, by now everyone knows about it.

I am sure at this point RK must be feeling good about breaking up...it's just irritating...it seems she will still be talking about ranbir more even after she gets married to any guy...not a respectful thing to do...she knows well bringing ranbir's name gets sympathy...
we men can really sense her... no wonder she has less male fans than female fans

erm... except that she didn't take Ranbir's name at all. She talks about the movie Rockstar.

so then how come out of the blue these things related to ranbir comes up and becomes a full story in newspaper just when her movies are in cinema halls... i am sure she has so many other things she can talk about in lifeSmile
awesomegurti IF-Stunnerz
awesomegurti
awesomegurti

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:08am | IP Logged
The Kapoors, the first family of Bollywood, have been known for some truly incestuous screen combinations.

Shashi Kapoor has romanced both his brother Raj's daughters-in-law " Babita Shivdasani-Kapoor in Haseena Man Jayegi in 1968 and Neetu Singh-Kapoor in Deewar in 1975, and Randhir Kapoor has also romanced his sister-in-law (bhabhi) Neetu Singh in a couple of movies like Rickshawalla in 1973 and Kasme Vaade and Heeralal Pannalal in 1978. By sheer virtue of the fact that all the Kapoor family members have ruled the roost at some time or the other, filmmakers couldn't help but cast them in the romantic lead opposite each other.

The same dilemma has come back to haunt two major filmmakers now. Rumours have it that Sajid Nadiadwala, who is making his next film Anjaana Anjaani with Bollywood's current heart-throb Ranbir and Priyanka Chopra, was heard telling an insider from the Kareena Kapoor camp that he would have ideally liked to work with Bebo and Ranbir. But, of course, since they are first cousins the pair would get audience rejection.

It is also reported that the Mehtas of Ashtavinayak will go on the floors with their film directed by Imtiaz Ali with Ranbir on April 1, 2010. Once again, this banner that loves Bebo because she is their Jab We Met heroine, wanted her in the lead. However, since they have had to choose between Ranbir and Kareena " both of whom are the current hot favourites " they have chosen to cast Ranbir.

But Bebo is not entirely at a disadvantage. There is a third film corporation that wants to cast her with the light-eyed youngster Imran Khan, who is another Bollywood hottie.
Meherbaan IF-Sizzlerz
Meherbaan
Meherbaan

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Clearly Deepika has not seen the film if she had seen it she would know she does not suit the character at all. She just says it because she wants to do every Imtiaz Ali filmLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

joyce_k

zaniax IF-Rockerz
zaniax
zaniax

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:21am | IP Logged
and I wish she shuts up!Angry
Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sharif.Badmaash

Originally posted by Sultan_Of_Swing

I loved Rockstar. The script, music and RK's performance was extraordinary. The only thing that pulled the movie down completely was Nargis.

++++

its my fav. Ranbir movie and i found him better in this than Barfii.

I get ridiculed often for saying this but I really do believe that Rockstar was a masterpiece. The last scene when he sings Nadaan parindey in the stadium but then imagines Nargis was so very beautiful. I love stories on unrequited love.

The message in the story was so beautiful- his life was music, to find inspiration for his music he falls in love. But then he finds true love and realises that he would easily give up everything including his music for a chance at love.

But Nargis really brought the movie down, such a shame.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TheSmurfsPiyatrixSharif.Badmaash

Eboza Goldie
Eboza
Eboza

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:26am | IP Logged
I wished Kareena had done the role. At that point Imtiaz had definetely no other choice than Ranbir but why Nargis? Every actress would have been the better choice than Nargis. Horrible acting Confused. Yeah i also think Dp wants to be only in the good books of Imtiaz. Dont know if it is picked up from an earlier interview she gave with imtiaz together last year while shooting for Tamasha. There was the same quote or maybe she was asked again. It could be also to bring up Imtiaz name again for the front pages. Guess after the release of Piku and BV the Promotions can begin for the real tamasha till the movie releases. Its been along time when Imtiaz had a really good hit. Still think JWM is his best. And i hope he doesnt want to cash only on the ex couple like Kjo and Aryan.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Darling_

-Mr.CooL- IF-Addictz

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:32am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top