DP: I wish I had got a chance to do Rockstar - Page 8

Posted: 8 years ago
Haan ji, why am I not surprised ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Rockstar is one of ARR's best works in recent times..I heart the album..Almost every song is a gem..My other favorite is Aur Ho..That song is so darn underrated..The lyrics, the angst, the picturisation- pitch perfect..Nothing beats Dichotomy of Fame though..I din know instrumentals could make you feel this emotional..I was so overwhelmed the first time i listened to it..This right here is the reason why i'l always remain a fan of ARR..He may not be doing great work off late but when he is good, he is darn good<3 No one comes close..

Yea, Highway songs were also good. Imtiaz has gotten the best out of ARR in recent years. Shankar-ARR lost that touch. So-So with Maniratnam nowadays. Looking forward to Tamasha album. 
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Rockstar is one of ARR's best works in recent times..I heart the album..Almost every song is a gem..My other favorite is Aur Ho..That song is so darn underrated..The lyrics, the angst, the picturisation- pitch perfect..Nothing beats Dichotomy of Fame though..I din know instrumentals could make you feel this emotional..I was so overwhelmed the first time i listened to it..This right here is the reason why i'l always remain a fan of ARR..He may not be doing great work off late but when he is good, he is darn good<3 No one comes close..

AR needs a break. After Delhi 6 and Rockstar I don't think any of his albums have been exceptional. The  guy has been composing awesome music for many years in so many films. He is creatively brunt out and probably could do with a break. A lot of people liked his work in OK Kanmani, but I found it kind of very average.

I'm looking forward to Tamasha for many reasons but none more so than AR Rahman. Given his past collaborations with IA (Rockstar & Highway which had 2 awesome songs) AR might just deliver something brilliant once again.
Also Roger if you like AR Rahman's instrumental pieces, this one is another favourite of mine. It is very short though.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=setAZe4_GoQ[/YOUTUBE]
Originally posted by Scorpio_Velvet

Yea, Highway songs were also good. Imtiaz has gotten the best out of ARR in recent years. Shankar-ARR lost that touch. So-So with Maniratnam nowadays. Looking forward to Tamasha album. 

If we look at ARR's entire career, Mani Ratnam & ARR have been one of the best collaborations of all times..I actually think MR has a great ear for music..Cos his earlier films had brilliant songs too back then when he was an Ilayaraja loyalist..Roja, Dil Se, Bombay, Kannathil Muthamittal- easily some of ARR's best works..Infact, i think he works well with Gautham Menon too..I really liked the songs of Vinnaithandi Varuvaya ðŸ˜†  Imtiaz may not be consistent with his story telling but one thing which he always gets right is the music..Whether its Pritam or ARR..

Originally posted by Nishita123

Haan ji, why am I not surprised ðŸ˜†

Me either. I knew she's a giving person. Look, how she's showcasing one of Ranbir's best movies when Ranbir needed the help. Damn! Now I'm feeling like watching BV. 

Originally posted by Sultan_Of_Swing

AR needs a break. After Delhi 6 and Rockstar I don't think any of his albums have been exceptional. The  guy has been composing awesome music for many years in so many films. He is creatively brunt out and probably could do with a break. A lot of people liked his work in OK Kanmani, but I found it kind of very average.

I'm looking forward to Tamasha for many reasons but none more so than AR Rahman. Given his past collaborations with IA (Rockstar & Highway which had 2 awesome songs) AR might just deliver something brilliant once again.

Totally..ARR takes up way too much work & we are left disappointed cos he has set such a high standard for himself..I only liked Kara Attakara & Mental Manadhil from OKK( well not upto his usual standard but i'l take that over the trash that was Kadal ðŸ˜†)

Oh i love love that instrumental from Vinnaithandi Varuvaya..Infact, the background score throughout the film is magic..Classic ARR..This is another instrumental of ARR which i absolutely love..Gorgeous piece<3

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLJJTjaFvk[/YOUTUBE]
Originally posted by B-TEX

Me either. I knew she's a giving person. Look, how she's showcasing one of Ranbir's best movies when Ranbir needed the help. Damn! Now I'm feeling like watching BV. 

OMG this is actually NC ðŸ˜²  Sorry for this but i actually had to stalk your posts to see who this was cos it sounded like you ðŸ˜†
Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
Originally posted by B-TEX

🤣 Jiska koi nahi uski toh world savior - DP hai yaaro...😆😆
Originally posted by Nishita123

🤣 Jiska koi nahi uski toh world savior - DP hai yaaro...😆😆

😆

Main nahin kehta PV mein likha hai yaaro.

@ Roger: ðŸ˜†.. It's all right.