fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
imtiaz is not farah to give u chance...
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

I remember when they had a screening for this, after the screening DP cried. She was completely overwhelmed by the film & even said how much she congratulated Imtiaz & Ranbir. So her praise is nothing new. Till a few yeses ago I would've said the same , aww you need to get over Bir but lo & behold! She really is over him. She seems so comfortable, happy & glows with Ranveer, am sure Ranbir & that horrid r-ship doesn't even cross her mind- And why should it. By all accounts, she has a wonderful r-ship with Ranveer.

OT: Rockstar was a darn good movie!! What made the movie was Bir's performance. Everyone saying how it's his font performance is so right! This movie was Ranbirs show through & through & thank God for that!!!! That make out scene in the fields was so terrible, I snorted out Pepsi.😆😆

The music was the only HEERA besides Ranbir, in this movie. The instrumental still gives me goosebumps & so does Naadaan Parinde. Absolutely beautiful music!!!

DP might not have suited the look of Heer, but she suited everything else. ANYONE would've been much much better for this movie, even Diane Penty!!!

DP and RK was a case of wrong time And wrong place. They were both starting off in an extremely competitive industry. Also both of them are similar in many aspects especially with regards to being ambitious. In the first few years in the industry people are still trying to just survive. I have noticed that relationships that happen after surviving a few years in the industry, seem to end in a marriage. Saif Kareena, Akshay Tina, AB Ash, Ajay Kajol or for that matter even RK Kat.

With regards to Rs i think they are both in a good place in their relationship. I believe she practically spends every single moment she is in Mumbai with his family. She also seems to have become better focussed at her work once she started seeing him. RS is definitely a good influence on her.

But I still have a feeling that they won't go the distance.

MEB, do you reckon they'll get married?
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
My absolute favorite piece in the album is Dichotomy of Fame..Best instrumental ever..ARR & Ilayaraja ( atleast his work down South) have actually composed some of the best instrumentals..I actually  prefer them over lyrical songs cos there is something really really appealing about instrumentals if done right..Every other song of Rockstar on one side & Dichotomy of Fame on the other side..Scintillating piece of music..Shehnai never sounded this good ❤️

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZvGMRWhS4c[/YOUTUBE]

Esp. that bit from 1:21-1:42.. Damn, i remember reading a comment on YT where someone said if God ever had a ringtone, it would be this bit from Dichotomy of Fame 😆

Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
Surreal_Dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
The movie sucked to the core.. I am glad you din't do it Deepika. You should be proud instead 😆
RF I love that piece. Just utter brilliance. Tanishq used it in their ad too.

Also the lyrics of the songs were magic. Someone set up a blog to translate the meanings of each of the songs. It made me appreciate the music even more.
This probably sounds stupid but I even liked the Shehar Main song which is set over a series of recordings where RK gets turned down after each attempt.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Sultan_Of_Swing

This probably sounds stupid but I even liked the Shehar Main song which is set over a series of recordings where RK gets turned down after each attempt.

I love each & every song. Like Lootera, but Lootera's an absolute favourite. Here my favs are this instrumental, Kun Faaya Kun, Phir Se Ud Chala- Another brill song!!! 

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
@SOS: I've heard the same about RS-DP & RK. 
Earlier, no I didn't feel they would but seeing how happy they look with each other, and how RS has definitely been the one to shower light & love on DP, they do have a very good chance to get married. We can only wait & see.
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Phir se ud chala is my favourite song from the album. 
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Sultan_Of_Swing

RF I love that piece. Just utter brilliance. Tanishq used it in their ad too.

Also the lyrics of the songs were magic. Someone set up a blog to translate the meanings of each of the songs. It made me appreciate the music even more.

Rockstar is one of ARR's best works in recent times..I heart the album..Almost every song is a gem..My other favorite is Aur Ho..That song is so darn underrated..The lyrics, the angst, the picturisation- pitch perfect..Nothing beats Dichotomy of Fame though..I din know instrumentals could make you feel this emotional..I was so overwhelmed the first time i listened to it..This right here is the reason why i'l always remain a fan of ARR..He may not be doing great work off late but when he is good, he is darn good<3 No one comes close..
Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago