Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Deepika FROM NO angle looks like a Kashmiri!
So no thank you..
Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Sultan_Of_Swing

I loved Rockstar. The script, music and RK's performance was extraordinary. The only thing that pulled the movie down completely was Nargis.

++++

its my fav. Ranbir movie and i found him better in this than Barfii.
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

We all simply loved Kareena Kapoor's performance as Geet in Jab We Met. Director Imtiaz Ali thought the same! Thus, when he came up with the idea of his next project Rockstar, his initial choice of the female lead was Kareena Kapoor!

However, since the script of Rockstar required some romantic scenes between the female lead and the lead actor Ranbir Kapoor, he could not rope in Kareena as Ranbir and she are related by blood! To fit in Kareena, he could not think of casting any other lead actor other than Ranbir coz he felt that it was a tailor made role for him and no one else could have portrayed it to perfection other than Ranbir.

In a recent interview, Ranbir Kapoor admitted that Imtiaz was keen to work with Kareena but since she was his (Ranbir's) sister, things could not work out! Ranbir even said that he would love to work with Kareena in the future, provided the roles are not romantic ones!

Ranbir got candid and also talked about his granduncle, late Shammi Kapoor. He said that working with Shammi Kapoor was a learning and memorable experience for him and the whole team of Rockstar! Ranbir was also all praises for the music composer of Rockstar, A R Rahman.

Rockstar is slated to release on November 11th.
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Sultan_Of_Swing

erm... except that she didn't take Ranbir's name at all. She talks about the movie Rockstar.

so then how come out of the blue these things related to ranbir comes up and becomes a full story in newspaper just when her movies are in cinema halls... i am sure she has so many other things she can talk about in life๐Ÿ˜Š
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
The Kapoors, the first family of Bollywood, have been known for some truly incestuous screen combinations.

Shashi Kapoor has romanced both his brother Raj's daughters-in-law " Babita Shivdasani-Kapoor in Haseena Man Jayegi in 1968 and Neetu Singh-Kapoor in Deewar in 1975, and Randhir Kapoor has also romanced his sister-in-law (bhabhi) Neetu Singh in a couple of movies like Rickshawalla in 1973 and Kasme Vaade and Heeralal Pannalal in 1978. By sheer virtue of the fact that all the Kapoor family members have ruled the roost at some time or the other, filmmakers couldn't help but cast them in the romantic lead opposite each other.

The same dilemma has come back to haunt two major filmmakers now. Rumours have it that Sajid Nadiadwala, who is making his next film Anjaana Anjaani with Bollywood's current heart-throb Ranbir and Priyanka Chopra, was heard telling an insider from the Kareena Kapoor camp that he would have ideally liked to work with Bebo and Ranbir. But, of course, since they are first cousins the pair would get audience rejection.

It is also reported that the Mehtas of Ashtavinayak will go on the floors with their film directed by Imtiaz Ali with Ranbir on April 1, 2010. Once again, this banner that loves Bebo because she is their Jab We Met heroine, wanted her in the lead. However, since they have had to choose between Ranbir and Kareena " both of whom are the current hot favourites " they have chosen to cast Ranbir.

But Bebo is not entirely at a disadvantage. There is a third film corporation that wants to cast her with the light-eyed youngster Imran Khan, who is another Bollywood hottie.
Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Clearly Deepika has not seen the film if she had seen it she would know she does not suit the character at all. She just says it because she wants to do every Imtiaz Ali film๐Ÿ˜†
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Sharif.Badmaash

++++

its my fav. Ranbir movie and i found him better in this than Barfii.

I get ridiculed often for saying this but I really do believe that Rockstar was a masterpiece. The last scene when he sings Nadaan parindey in the stadium but then imagines Nargis was so very beautiful. I love stories on unrequited love.

The message in the story was so beautiful- his life was music, to find inspiration for his music he falls in love. But then he finds true love and realises that he would easily give up everything including his music for a chance at love.

But Nargis really brought the movie down, such a shame.
Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I wished Kareena had done the role. At that point Imtiaz had definetely no other choice than Ranbir but why Nargis? Every actress would have been the better choice than Nargis. Horrible acting ๐Ÿ˜•. Yeah i also think Dp wants to be only in the good books of Imtiaz. Dont know if it is picked up from an earlier interview she gave with imtiaz together last year while shooting for Tamasha. There was the same quote or maybe she was asked again. It could be also to bring up Imtiaz name again for the front pages. Guess after the release of Piku and BV the Promotions can begin for the real tamasha till the movie releases. Its been along time when Imtiaz had a really good hit. Still think JWM is his best. And i hope he doesnt want to cash only on the ex couple like Kjo and Aryan.
Arey deepika ke liye main Rockstar kya flopstar bhi banne ko taiyaar hoonโญ๏ธ
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She loved the film and has been vocal about that since 2011. RK said she saw it much before release when there hadn't even been dubbing. When talking about Tamasha last year Deepika said Imtiaz has a way with his love stories.

What's new in all this? ๐Ÿ˜†  Well carry on with the hate party ๐Ÿ˜ƒ