Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: nkapoor001

u didn't get the hype around his looks? really?😆 ur taste is so weird to me😆

Just a reminder for some1.

AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^^ that guy is Hrithik roshan unless some1 knew another HR from real life. 
Its one thing thing i never liked salman the actor, but hez a handsome guy I admit. Only thing is.. he doesnt have the height for an overall personality. 

May be centre of focus is diff. for ppl. Some like me just look at eyes and automatically make up the mind abt the looks (girls or guys) and in life size pics, the bodily features come into play (guys or girls). 

But some ppl actually look at nose as the centre of face and my wife is one of them. She also has only complain this nearly perfect man and that his nostrils. 

😆 Guess what..one day i cropped her fav. star's nose and put it upside down and asked her.. wht do u think is.. she said.. ammm may be a cobra without eyes... ðŸ¤£

I showed the real photo and she was like..oh.. Ajay Devgan and we were both ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£

Then I asked why were never bothered abt Ad's nose.. she was like "I like his intense eyes". ðŸ˜‰

She knew I have proved her wrong. Its not the nose, its the eyes we look into a mirror or other ppls' faces. Everything else comes later. 

Aankhein hi milati hai dil- o ko zamane me
Insaan ki sirat surat aur jaan hai aankhein

Aankhein teri jhukne na paye kabhi
Tere sach jhooth ki pehchan hai aankhein

kumro-potash thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I  was a big fan of Hrithik . I was in class 3 when saw his first film, and I have a cousin who was in class 7 that time. she  was crazy about him- she used to say, she was in love with him. That phase continued for almost 5-6 years, now that the fangirl in me doesn't exist anymore- I think he has never been good enough to be number 1.To say that he should be No.1 bcoz he looks like a Greek God is like saying Aishwaria is a legend coz she is the most beautiful lady the World has ever seen. You need to have so much more than a gorgeous face to be #1 at whatever you do.  He lacks the personality as well as confidence and intelligence to reach there. Having said that I still like him. I have watched all his films till date, and probably would do that in future too. He is talented no doubt- I stop liking him since 2009 when he started sounding like a narcissist, egoist, delusional idiot through his interviews, and that Koffee with karan episode he did along with his giggling wife- that was like the final nail in the coffin.  ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡ 
Hrithik has this vulnerability in him which I like a lot. A shy guy who is not very good with words , not exactly smart and little awkward socially- I like that man not the one who claimed on KWK that he will pose nude for free coz he believes if you have worlds most expensive car, you should allow ppl to take photos with it for free- how ridiculous was that!!!😡 UFFF. Hrithik darling you are not India's answer to Tom Cruise. Please stop behaving like one.   
atominis thumbnail
Hrithik's 1st 10 years are better than Aamir's 1st 10 years for example. The only thing he lacks is an ATBB.

He has fan following.

But the choice of films beats him. The KNPH, Mission Kashmir and even KMG guy is relatable. But not others.

An actor should do roles that one can identify with. HR's characters, barring a few, are distant. You can watch them but can't relate to them.

Hrithik is just a male model now.

I can't believe the movies which he refused just because he was busy with father's K series or because he didn't want to do ensemble films!
Swades, RDB, 3I, DCH, Bunty Aur Babli and many others. He refused them all.

Anyway he takes too many breaks between films, does no PR, and has also started to look older.

His dance is fantastic but mostly western. He lacks desi touch that Govinda and Prabhudeva used to have.

And yes he has no comic timing at all. But it can be excused because many other actors lack in that department. SRK's comic timing is nothing to talk of.

HR has become too urbane. I can't imagine him playing a tapori or a rustic gangster or police officer or even a normal middle class man. He is just wannabe Hollywood material now.

He has changed so much that he can't even fit in own older films now if they are to be remade. HR of today is not the HR of KNPH/MK/Fiza.

Wannabe Hollywood star!

Why only Khans? Even Akki and Ajay have better range than him as actors now.
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I can't stand Hrithik's acting, but I can never deny the fan following he has. Almost all of my friends are Hrithik fans. They think he looks the best amongst all Bollywood actors and also acts well.
I don't think he is very ambitious and wants a good personal life / career balance. Hence lesser movies when compared to the other actors. If he acted in more movies Im sure he would definitely be a bigger star than he already is.
atominis thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheJake

Because nobody can beat the Khans. Even if HR'd done lots of movies and was more visible ... it's impossible to beat Khans as long as they are active. He'll always be the guy who Salman helped built body.

Not true.

His debut itself whipped all Khan films that year.

In 2006 also both his films whipped Khan films and he became one of the rare actors to give both the year's 1st and 2nd highest grossing hit in the same year.

He is among the few actors who have given hits in January releases, a month which is considered jinx business-wise.

There's a reason why his potential is being discussed.

"Impossible to beat Khans while they are active" is a myth.
Karenina thumbnail

It takes a consistent catalog of work and charisma to gain superstar status. Superstars aren't just actors. It's a larger than life image - and your personality, screen presence matters more than your acting, and even looks.

Salman was in instant star after MPK. SRK rose to stardom after DDLJ. It wasn't until Aamir built a strong body of work that he became a superstar. That was around Lagaan.

HR was a star overnight with KNPH and during a period when Aamir was taking a hiatus and Salman was fighting his demons, HR equaled SRK. But his selection of movies after Dhoom 2 - going the Aamir way- and his public image took a dent hurt his standing among the masses. Selectivity was Aamir's ticket to stardom. HR fell more in the Salman bracket. He should have capitalized on it as Salman did with his charm, looks, and charisma. HR didn't.

He did movies like JA, Guzaarish, ZNMD, etc. They were successful, but they placed HR in a different perception. They put him in the human category and that's where he faltered as a star. Salman is above everything in the eyes of his fans--a modern day Demigod of sorts. SRK is the ultimate inspirational Icon. Aamir is the brain. They have a category - a sort of brand. HR doesn't.

You need to build your own USP. I think HR failed there, as good an actor he is. There is something distinct about Salman, SRK, and Aamir. I don't see such a distinctness about HR.

For me, if Aamir is Tom Hanks or Salman is Leo, or SRK is Brad Pitt (no similarities, just drawing an example) HR is either Ryan Gosling at his worst or at his best, Bradley Cooper. It's a good place to be - but it's well and truly below his true potential.

walkashame thumbnail
Because he spends more time in front of the mirror than the camera.