Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I.Am.DIVERGENT thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: samarfatima

wow yr..nice cncept..plzz continue soon..wud be eagerly waiting for an update..

thank you 😊
I.Am.DIVERGENT thumbnail
thank you 😊
I.Am.DIVERGENT thumbnail

Chapter 2

Next day I went to that boring support group because my parents and my doctor think it is a good way to make friends and interact with people but I know support groups aren't my type. I want to lie on the sofa watch t.v. , read An Imperial Affliction for I don't know how many times, listen to music and do all the stuff that I want to do. I know I won't live a normal life again but I want to act and behave just in the same way as other teenagers do. But I guess we don't get what we wish.

Support groups are gatherings in which people who have cancer come and share their story. We have to introduce ourselves everyday and tell about our cancer and then everyone present there will say," WE ARE THERE FOR YOU." This is so not my type. I don't want people to sympathize with me just because I have this damn CANCER. It was my turn to introduce myself to the people who are on the same journey as me. I got up reluctantly, " Hey,  I am Sanyukta Agarwal and I am 17. I have this cancer of thyroid which has now reached my lungs. I guess that is it." Arjun , who is leading the support group, said," We are there for you Sanyukta." And then everyone repeated.

I sat down with an annoyed look. Opposite to me sat a boy, his name was Parth Kashyap and he had some eye cancer. He must be an year older than me, I exactly don't remember. Looking at him I could easily tell he was not interested in this support group and maybe he was as annoyed as I was sitting there. We shared a warm smile. He looked to be a genuine person.

The session ended with a prayer and we dispersed. Maa had come to pick me up, maybe she was thinking I will come out all happy and gay but that wasn't the case with me. Maa did some crazy things just like teenagers to cheer me up. I had a hearty laugh at her antics. I love my maa and daddy a lot. I know they are going through a lot of things just because of me and for that I can do anything to see them happy. I know they are sad of me having cancer and ultimately I will die in few years. I don't want to be a burden on them but I have no option. So just get over this I can do anything that makes them happy and I won't make them sad ever. Maybe this is hypothetical but I want to do it.

Precap - Entry of Randhir Singh Shekhawat

Thanks everyone who liked and commented. I will be happy if i get more likes and comments.

thank you

love

Agrima😃

Edited by agrima19 - 8 years ago
shivika838 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Read everything ..frm prologue to ch 2 n its really seems very different !!
wonderfully penned👏
oh god its gonna be emotional...n i cant handle emotional stuff😭😭
update asap😳
I.Am.DIVERGENT thumbnail

Originally posted by: shivika838

Read everything ..frm prologue to ch 2 n its really seems very different !!

wonderfully penned👏
oh god its gonna be emotional...n i cant handle emotional stuff😭😭
update asap😳

thank you so much shivika and i will try and update it by tomorrow or by friday😃
newmoon18 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awsme update
Loved it

Story progressing well

Sanyu don't want to get sympathy
She wants a normal teenager life its impossible still she battles all this gathering stuff

Wtng for RSS entry

Update soon
Wtng

Love u
Keep smiling
I.Am.DIVERGENT thumbnail

Originally posted by: newmoon18

Awsme update
Loved it

Story progressing well

Sanyu don't want to get sympathy
She wants a normal teenager life its impossible still she battles all this gathering stuff

Wtng for RSS entry
he will come soon

Update soon
Wtng

Love u
Keep smiling

thank you so much will try and update soon😃
Sanj24 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
superb update.. lvd it so so so much..
plz update nxt part soon...
I.Am.DIVERGENT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanj24

superb update.. lvd it so so so much..
plz update nxt part soon...

thank so much 😊
I.Am.DIVERGENT thumbnail

Chapter 3

Two days later I was sitting in the kitchen while my parents were cooking breakfast. Yeah!! Right daddy helped maa in making breakfast and I thought that was sweet.

"You can't make me to go to that support group daily," I said.

"We can! We are your parents,  Sanyu," daddy said as if he wants to make me sure and as if I did not know.

"Come on, we've been through this. You need to go, you need to make friends and be a teenager." Maa chirped.

"Maa, if you want me to be a teenager you don't send me to support group. You gotta, like, get me a fake ID so that I can go clubs and feel what it is to get drunk and enjoy." I insisted.

"Will you just get in the car, please," Maa said with authority.

And I mocked stabbing myself in stomach

And so I went. Not because I wanted to or because I thought it would help me. But for the same reason I did anything these days...to make my parents happy. And we reached and I entered the building. Inside the support group building I walk towards the elevator and as  elevator doors are about to close a boy in a wheelchair holds it open for me.

"Oh sorry I will take the stairs." I said and he replied with an okay.

As I turn to take the stairs I bump into a boy.

"My bad." He said with a smile.

"I am sor... Sorry," I stammered.

He turns and walks off, and then as he turns to look at me he bumps into the door, smiles in embarrassment and walks off, I smile to myself.

We sat in a semi- circle. I was somewhat in the center besides me on the right sat Parth and just besides him sat the boy, I bumped into. He was constantly staring at me and I thought to stare back at him because maybe staring back will stop him to stare at me. So I did it and he smiled at me but I did not smile back.

"Parth , I know you're facing challenges right now. Perhaps you would like to share them with the group? Or maybe your friends here?" asked Arjun.

" No, I will." Parth stood up.

"Hey, guys. Uh...hi. Uh..I'm Parth, I have retinoblastoma. I've had surgery on one eye when I was younger, so this is a glass eye and then I'm going to the hospital for another surgery to take out the other eye. Um...so after that surgery I'm just gonna be totally blind. But I have a beautiful smoking hot girlfriend to help me, Vidushi. And, uh...I have great friends like Randhir Singh Shekhawat  who helps me out. So that's what's up. Thanks." Said Parth pointing at the boy I bumped into.

So his name was Randhir Singh Shekhawat. I must admit he was handsome. He was beautiful. I know boys aren't supposed to be but he was. He had all the looks for a girl to fall for him.

"Your turn Randhir," said Arjun.

" Yeah sure." He said with a smile.

"Uh...I'm uh...I'm Randhir Singh Shekhawat. I'm eighteen years old and um...I had a touch of osteosarcoma about a year and half ago. So I lost this baby as a result.
He pulled up his right trouser leg to reveal his prosthetic leg.
" And uh...I'm part ciborg, which is awesome. But really I'm just here at Parth's request," he continued

" So how are you feeling now?" asked Arjun.

"I'm grand, yeah. I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend." He chirped.

"Maybe you'd like to share your fears with the group." Said Arjun.
" My fears?"
Randhir thinks for a moment and looks over to me before replying.
" Oblivion." He announced.
" Oblivion?" Arjun confirmed
"Yeah, see I intend to live an extraordinary life. To be remembered. So I'd say if I had any fears it would be to not do that." He said with a glow in his eyes.

Precap - Sanyukta's reply and their second meet.

so guys how did you like this part. thanks for liking and commenting on the previous chapter😃😃

Edited by agrima19 - 8 years ago