Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

KY2 - Immense Potential. Lack Of Execution! (Page 3)

fia21 IF-Sizzlerz
fia21
fia21

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shrutiavm

Although soha n pandit track seems similar but somewhr I feel that it was poor execution or maybe wrong interpretation.. By pandit.. It could Hve been more focused on teacher- student harassment which has become frequent news these days.. I guess they r trying to show that even though it's a teacher but u shd Hve the courage to stand up for urself n take action...jus don't stay mum like riddhima.. But I think maybe extra dramatization happened with kidnapping n all...

Jus a thought.. I agree it's a youth show but cvs hve been trying to incorporate a mix of serious story lines with funny scenes... Had they shown Manik always winning.. I would have found it hard to believe but he also had his share of insults frm pandit or proven wrong by pandit..so for me manik as a character feels like a college student who z 19

That was exactly the point of my post. It's the lack of execution that makes even the most potential tracks turn out to be so bland.

It's not that I don't like watching the serious aspect of the show and it's characters. Of course I do. It's the weak plots that make it unconvincing. For example, the Pandit track had immense potential but the whole kidnapping angle ruined it all. Pandit's character has been portrayed as a sexual predator who preys on his innocent female students, but visually it hasn't been shown to it's full extent. Instead of getting Nandini kidnapped, they should have shown a more realistic side to this teacher-student harassment issue by making Pandit make a stronger move towards Nandini apart from the other few times he tried to touch her. If the CVs wanted to show something drastic, that's what they should have done instead. Because they choose real issues to portray onscreen, and if it were reality, don't you think a man like Pandit would have tried to get closer to her literally? And then Manik could have swept in and saved his damsel.

Before someone misinterprets what I say, let me make it very clear that I am completely against physical assault of any sort. But this is a real life issue and it should have been properly displayed as part of the teacher-student harassment angle the CVs were aiming for.

fia21 IF-Sizzlerz
fia21
fia21

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by N_Niya

well dear.. I have already said these things repetitively & I just don't have anything to say more..
just wanna say completely agree wid u.. makers r just ruining d show day by day more..

Thank you. And agreed.
fia21 IF-Sizzlerz
fia21
fia21

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnomanderRake

Originally posted by FieryHeart

Originally posted by AnomanderRake

I honestly didnt like the Mukti Abhimanyu track, it made absolutely no sense that a guy lands up from god knows where and turns up to love and leave a person who uses love as an emotional crutch, causing even more problems for her.
Honestly I would have liked seeing Mukti sort out her problems on her own, without using love and sex as a crutch without the need of a "man" to heal Mukti, since love seems to be Mukti's choice of poison to numb pain.

I know using sex as a letout isn't the solution to your problems but its certainly not unheard of. U find love in the most unusual of situations. He landed up from nowhere but he did bring a smile on her face. A person who had lost faith in relations after a failed relation begins to open up to life and embrace it again. Mukti was always emotionally weak though she put up a strong front. She was the most vulnerable among fab 5 and in the true sense Abhimanyu made her realise she was wasting away her life when he was trying to make the most of it though his days were numbered. She is a different person now than the person she had been before Abhimanyu.

Mukti's problem is not love or sex, its her own self-worth and for me personally the Abhimanyu Mukti track came off shallow, for a person who struggles with emotional issues, who values her own-self worth by the relationships she has, who has attempted suicide twice and to show on TV that her problems with self-worth are solved by love is a little hard to believe. She has serious psychological issues, which should be addressed by addressing her self-worth, not using a plaster to cover superficial wounds. Mukti's issues are deep and cannot be solved by a guy or falling in love. The two times she attempted suicide were because she felt worthless without the relationships, 1)No identity without Fab5 2) Harshad with Navya, made her feel worthless. This is not about love but what Mukti feels about herself and a man and a relationship is just a cover or a bandaid on a superficial wound. Abhimanyu hardly knew Mukti and a couple of scenes later, they are in love and helps her with her self-worth, which psychologists work years for with patients. I can't buy it.

I think we're all aiming for the same thing, just going about it from different directions.

You're both right in your opinions. I'd like to share my two cents on the same.

AnomanderRake: As this show is fiction, there are likely to be a few holes in the storyline, even though the CVs aim to show more realistic issues. I believe doubting your own self-worth is actually a major issue among teenage girls these days. A teenage mind, especially that of a girl, is very vulnerable. One mistake, and their entire confidence and self respect will be shattered beyond repair. Our experiences shape us into the people we are today and as we know, Mukti never had a happy home life, which always results in the emotional instability of a child. This is something that divorced or separated parents never realize and I believe this issue should be shown in more light. Abhimanyu coming out of nowhere, though unrealistic as it is fiction after all, went along with the story's demand for Mukti. She needed exactly that. Something or someone that comes out of nowhere like a gust of wind and swirls her life in order. As I was saying, there are many teenage girls who think that only the love of a guy is the solution to every problem. Trust me, this is quite true. There's a reason why some girls go so over the top with their affections for some fictional male characters. Mukti doesn't have any psychological issues, she's just a deeply disturbed human being who thinks everything she touches turns to crap. She needs to vent her frustrations in the form of sex because for her, she has no other form of love being reciprocated to her. Her parents are too busy with their lives to pay any attention to her, let alone shower their love. Her first love, Harshad, betrayed her in the most cruel way. And when Abhimanyu left without saying goodbye, she naturally blamed herself and resorted to her old ways of sex and parties. That's the human mind for you. It works in mysterious ways. And I feel that the reason Mukti and Abhimanyu's love story came off as unrealistic is because of the reasons I mentioned in my initial post. Too much story time and screen space is being wasted on unnecessary characters that their story never got the chance to actually breathe. Which is why people now feel disconnected to Mukti and Abhimanyu's love.

FieryHeart: I wholeheartedly agree with you. Mukti being the most vulnerable would never want to show anyone what affects her most. And that is the lack of love in her life. She uses sex as a means to fill that void in her heart and it definitely hasn't been unheard of. Abhimanyu may have entered and left the show abruptly, but it certainly gave Mukti's character a chance to shape for the better.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Cat.BeyondHorizon

Ainahbarbie Goldie
Ainahbarbie
Ainahbarbie

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:55am | IP Logged
OMG

Fia di ...!!!! u here

can't belive

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fia21

CrazyMe_04 Goldie
CrazyMe_04
CrazyMe_04

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:17am | IP Logged
A SALUTE TO YOU FOR THIS BRILLIANT POST! 

fia21

BeyondHorizon IF-Stunnerz
BeyondHorizon
BeyondHorizon

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fia21

Thank you Smile

I absolutely agree with your take on this. Very well put together. Being the USP of the show gives Manik-Nandini and even Parth-Niti a chance to showcase their talent on stronger ground. But the show has so many more amazing actors, like you mentioned, who are essaying some major roles. My issue here is that they have not been utilized to their talent's worth. As you mentioned, they are mainly just ganging up together to bring Manik and Nandini closer every time nowadays.

You've made an amazing point here. I remember the shows from the 90's and even early 2000's when my Mother used to watch them and I remember most of them had such amazing stories and were indeed more progressive. These days, female leads are so weakly portrayed that it makes me wonder what on Earth goes around in peoples minds who actually like watching a regressive woman who is present solely in a show for just a romantic angle or to see a hot male lead treat her like crap and then walk off in the sunset together.

If the makers can come up with such a brilliant initial story, I refuse to believe that they can't do it again. You're right once again that the fault lies within the unnecessary demands of some fans (no offense) which causes the makers to give in. I can't find anything else to add. You've basically said it all, and said it well. Let's hope that the CVs as well as the audience realize that KY2 is not all about a single couple's struggles and romance, but it has a whole group of other people and their stories contributing to it.

I agree and the female leads are mostly shown to be hypocrits who lecture the world to be brave but when its their turn they break down. I wonder if its the same character I was seeing from the beginning of the show Confused U know my 1st fav scene in the show was when Nandini punched Manik before everyone else? I loved her for her guts but what on earth are CVs trying to do now? Everytime Manik lashes out at her, she takes it in silence or when something goes wrong she just wants to run away from it? Ouch 

I loved the initial episodes of the show n I loved everything about it but I donno what I am watching these days Confused Y are makers spoiling their own story? U know for any story teller setting the base is the toughest part but after that u get the flow for the story. Here they set the base n they get to kickass start but y do they falter in the middle? Confused

fia21

BeyondHorizon IF-Stunnerz
BeyondHorizon
BeyondHorizon

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:12am | IP Logged
I so agree with you about Mukti part Fia Thumbs Up Mukti is vulnerable. She is broken and she did not have anyone to confront or confide them in. Fab 5 was  a group of kids who got together because of their distorted family lives. They were all insecure and none of them in that group wanted to confront their issues themselves, so how could they share it with the world? Their parents had money at disposal and they used it to their advantage. Used it to spoil themselves but did that fetch them happiness? No, their frustrations grew even more and they despised every bit of normalcy other people had in their lives. Such ppl are emotionally unstable and they need help.
On the other hand if you see Nandini - she has faced a lot of hardships in her life but yet she had people around her. She had Amms and she had Rishabh and now she also has Chacha Chachi. She got the right guidance, she got the proper care that helped her develop the right perception of right and wrongs. She did not have luxury at her disposal. So she learned that she has to struggle in life to attain something. She did not have the financial security unlike Fab 5 but she had emotional security in abundance. 

So this is where the difference lies. At the end of the day upbringing matters and nothing could be worse than a child having to grow up in a palace without the care of their parents. Children who don't have a roof over their head are far more happy with their parents beside them than spoilt rich kids.

fia21

shibz IF-Stunnerz
shibz
shibz

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fia21

That's good to know LOL . And thank you!

That's the perfect word for it. Disconnect. It feels as if we're watching a different show altogether these days. A show that started off portraying real issues with the youth of today has been reduced to cheap TRP tactics like kidnapping and misunderstandings.

I too am a fan of MaNan,  but like you, I am not blind to all the other good things on the show. An overdoes of Manik and Nandini is also not good for the show because a time will come when even they have nothing new to offer and the show will lose it's charm altogether.
I don't understand how these unnecessary tracks are going to help TRPs?Confused KY2 has/had its own charm that attracted audience in the first place.. so why reduce it to repetitive and cliche tracks?

fia21

Go to top