Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: fia21

Thank you 😊

I absolutely agree with your take on this. Very well put together. Being the USP of the show gives Manik-Nandini and even Parth-Niti a chance to showcase their talent on stronger ground. But the show has so many more amazing actors, like you mentioned, who are essaying some major roles. My issue here is that they have not been utilized to their talent's worth. As you mentioned, they are mainly just ganging up together to bring Manik and Nandini closer every time nowadays.

You've made an amazing point here. I remember the shows from the 90's and even early 2000's when my Mother used to watch them and I remember most of them had such amazing stories and were indeed more progressive. These days, female leads are so weakly portrayed that it makes me wonder what on Earth goes around in peoples minds who actually like watching a regressive woman who is present solely in a show for just a romantic angle or to see a hot male lead treat her like crap and then walk off in the sunset together.

If the makers can come up with such a brilliant initial story, I refuse to believe that they can't do it again. You're right once again that the fault lies within the unnecessary demands of some fans (no offense) which causes the makers to give in. I can't find anything else to add. You've basically said it all, and said it well. Let's hope that the CVs as well as the audience realize that KY2 is not all about a single couple's struggles and romance, but it has a whole group of other people and their stories contributing to it.

I agree and the female leads are mostly shown to be hypocrits who lecture the world to be brave but when its their turn they break down. I wonder if its the same character I was seeing from the beginning of the show 😕 U know my 1st fav scene in the show was when Nandini punched Manik before everyone else? I loved her for her guts but what on earth are CVs trying to do now? Everytime Manik lashes out at her, she takes it in silence or when something goes wrong she just wants to run away from it?  

I loved the initial episodes of the show n I loved everything about it but I donno what I am watching these days 😕 Y are makers spoiling their own story? U know for any story teller setting the base is the toughest part but after that u get the flow for the story. Here they set the base n they get to kickass start but y do they falter in the middle? 😕
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
I so agree with you about Mukti part Fia 👍🏼 Mukti is vulnerable. She is broken and she did not have anyone to confront or confide them in. Fab 5 was  a group of kids who got together because of their distorted family lives. They were all insecure and none of them in that group wanted to confront their issues themselves, so how could they share it with the world? Their parents had money at disposal and they used it to their advantage. Used it to spoil themselves but did that fetch them happiness? No, their frustrations grew even more and they despised every bit of normalcy other people had in their lives. Such ppl are emotionally unstable and they need help.
On the other hand if you see Nandini - she has faced a lot of hardships in her life but yet she had people around her. She had Amms and she had Rishabh and now she also has Chacha Chachi. She got the right guidance, she got the proper care that helped her develop the right perception of right and wrongs. She did not have luxury at her disposal. So she learned that she has to struggle in life to attain something. She did not have the financial security unlike Fab 5 but she had emotional security in abundance. 

So this is where the difference lies. At the end of the day upbringing matters and nothing could be worse than a child having to grow up in a palace without the care of their parents. Children who don't have a roof over their head are far more happy with their parents beside them than spoilt rich kids.
shibz thumbnail

That's good to know 😆 . And thank you!

That's the perfect word for it. Disconnect. It feels as if we're watching a different show altogether these days. A show that started off portraying real issues with the youth of today has been reduced to cheap TRP tactics like kidnapping and misunderstandings.

I too am a fan of MaNan,  but like you, I am not blind to all the other good things on the show. An overdoes of Manik and Nandini is also not good for the show because a time will come when even they have nothing new to offer and the show will lose it's charm altogether.

I don't understand how these unnecessary tracks are going to help TRPs?😕 KY2 has/had its own charm that attracted audience in the first place.. so why reduce it to repetitive and cliche tracks?
fia21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Ainahbarbie

OMG

Fia di ...!!!! u here

can't belive

Hey 😊 . I'm really sorry but I can't seem to recognize you? I've only just started using IF again so I can't really remember most of the usernames 😳
fia21 thumbnail
Originally posted by: CrazyMe_04

A SALUTE TO YOU FOR THIS BRILLIANT POST! 

Thank you 😳😳😳
fia21 thumbnail
Originally posted by: FieryHeart

I agree and the female leads are mostly shown to be hypocrits who lecture the world to be brave but when its their turn they break down. I wonder if its the same character I was seeing from the beginning of the show 😕 U know my 1st fav scene in the show was when Nandini punched Manik before everyone else? I loved her for her guts but what on earth are CVs trying to do now? Everytime Manik lashes out at her, she takes it in silence or when something goes wrong she just wants to run away from it?  

I loved the initial episodes of the show n I loved everything about it but I donno what I am watching these days 😕 Y are makers spoiling their own story? U know for any story teller setting the base is the toughest part but after that u get the flow for the story. Here they set the base n they get to kickass start but y do they falter in the middle? 😕

Mine too 😃 . That punch was what ultimately got me hooked to the show. A gutsy female lead, now who wouldn't want to watch that??

Maybe now after the whole kidnapping fiasco we finally get to see some individual storyline for Nandini where she comes out of this experience on her own and starts living a normal life once again. For once I'd like to see a girl do this on her own on TV without the help of the male lead. Not that I wouldn't want to see Manik supporting her. Of course I would, he needs to show he has changed and can be an affectionate boyfriend. It's just that I'd like to see Nandini take that first step towards recovery because she WANTS to and not because Manik NEEDs her to.

You know, this always seems to happen with daily soaps. After a while, the flow of the story always falters. There's only so much that can happen in 4-5 episodes a week when you don't know how long the show will go on. The story becomes stagnant.
fia21 thumbnail
Originally posted by: FieryHeart

I so agree with you about Mukti part Fia 👍🏼 Mukti is vulnerable. She is broken and she did not have anyone to confront or confide them in. Fab 5 was  a group of kids who got together because of their distorted family lives. They were all insecure and none of them in that group wanted to confront their issues themselves, so how could they share it with the world? Their parents had money at disposal and they used it to their advantage. Used it to spoil themselves but did that fetch them happiness? No, their frustrations grew even more and they despised every bit of normalcy other people had in their lives. Such ppl are emotionally unstable and they need help.

On the other hand if you see Nandini - she has faced a lot of hardships in her life but yet she had people around her. She had Amms and she had Rishabh and now she also has Chacha Chachi. She got the right guidance, she got the proper care that helped her develop the right perception of right and wrongs. She did not have luxury at her disposal. So she learned that she has to struggle in life to attain something. She did not have the financial security unlike Fab 5 but she had emotional security in abundance. 

So this is where the difference lies. At the end of the day upbringing matters and nothing could be worse than a child having to grow up in a palace without the care of their parents. Children who don't have a roof over their head are far more happy with their parents beside them than spoilt rich kids.

That's true. Initially I used to think why these rich spoiled kids are such vicious bullies. When the show moved forward and their home lives came into the picture, I understood why they did what they did. Bullying others in college was their form of dishing out what they get at their own homes. They had no other let out. It doesn't justify it, but it sure explains a hell of a lot about their attitude towards people and life in general. Their upbringing had shaped them into believing that if they show the slightest sign of weakness to the outside world, it won't let them survive. So they resorted to bullying people before they began to bully them.

You're right again. Nandini sure had emotional stability in her life. A family that cherished her with the utmost love and care. There's a reason it's said that money can't buy you happiness. Because if it did, than out of all the characters in the show, the Fab5 would have been the happiest.

I've nothing else to add. You've explained it all beautifully 👍🏼
BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Mine too 😃 . That punch was what ultimately got me hooked to the show. A gutsy female lead, now who wouldn't want to watch that??

Maybe now after the whole kidnapping fiasco we finally get to see some individual storyline for Nandini where she comes out of this experience on her own and starts living a normal life once again. For once I'd like to see a girl do this on her own on TV without the help of the male lead. Not that I wouldn't want to see Manik supporting her. Of course I would, he needs to show he has changed and can be an affectionate boyfriend. It's just that I'd like to see Nandini take that first step towards recovery because she WANTS to and not because Manik NEEDs her to.

You know, this always seems to happen with daily soaps. After a while, the flow of the story always falters. There's only so much that can happen in 4-5 episodes a week when you don't know how long the show will go on. The story becomes stagnant.

U know I made a post today putting out my views on Nandini but I was accused of bashing her 😆 I am not saying a girl does not break when something like this happens to her. I just analysed her character growth from the start and somehow found it weird when she broke apart like this. MaNan scenes are still soulful and a huge credit goes to Parth and Niti's brilliant acting skills 👏 but u know what? They seem forced to me now  They lack sense lately. I was called presumptuous, hopeless and what not? 😆 I can understand her reactions but I cant relate them to the character graph I have in my mind for her  Because given the circumstances I can understand how a normal average person will behave. And is this issue so much more bigger than Navya's teen pregnancy or Mukti being defamed before the whole media or her own college mates taking her to be a s**t just because she slept with one guy in a depressed state of mind? I feel bad when the very same people find numerable reasons to justify Nandini's actions but any other character - its just plain criticism  And hell maybe I will now get tagged as something for stating my views that I wonder if I made a mistake by voicing out my thoughts just because they are not something others would agree with. 
Hifah thumbnail
Much needed post. But I dnt like abhi n mukti track.Edited by fawadbae - 8 years ago
fia21 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shibz

I don't understand how these unnecessary tracks are going to help TRPs?😕 KY2 has/had its own charm that attracted audience in the first place.. so why reduce it to repetitive and cliche tracks?

I feel, and this is just my opinion, that the CVs are aiming for a different group of audience for increase in ratings. There is a certain audience that enjoys watching such cliche tracks which are a normalcy for shows on all the high rating channels. Trust me, there are people out there who actually like watching such melodrama no matter what the demand of the story of the show is. You won't find these people on online forums. They usually contribute to the show by watching it on TV only. I have seen so many youth shows being spoiled with such cliche tracks just to reach out to that certain group. I could be wrong, but I see no other reason as to why the CVs of KY2 would want to kill their show with their own hands by dishing out this crap on us.