Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Kareena Was the First Choice For Bombay Velvet : Anurag Kashyap (Page 5)

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by you2

Amir wanted a big star..This was after Talaash?

every one wants a big star..

you mean deepika?LOL

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
Seriously not only actresses gain from Bebo's loss..
Ranbir sure did too..
Rockstar and BV both wldnt go to him, if Bebo was doing them LOL
xAaliya IF-Stunnerz
xAaliya
xAaliya

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Kareena always rejected good movies not sure how well BV will do but I will watch it for Anu and Ranbir pairing. I always wanted to see them together in a film. 
kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by B-TEX

Now Anu would pester you to withdraw the statement. 

Anurag said this all in an interview in front of both Ranbir and Anushka, so they've all pretty much acknowledged this narrative...the script was written with Saif in mind, went to Aamir and Kareena, stayed with HR for 2-ish years and he never read or even realized he had it...in 2011, Anurag offered it to Anushka after watching BBB and Ranbir read it after that, when (he also said this himself) he had no movies (something had fallen through so he was left with nothing)...Vikas Bahl gave him the script without telling Anurag and Ranbir had to spend a while (Rishi Kapoor was also involved in one such meeting) to convince Anurag that he can do it. So yeah, it's pretty much all self-admitted...they've talked a lot about how long this movie has been in the works and that it was difficult to make it happen. 

The only name in the quotes here that's new is Katrina and the info that Aamir rejected the movie because he wanted a bigger female star to act opposite him. Pretty interesting.

Edit: BTW, was there another withdrawal for a statement made by Anushka for something before too?

Edited by kabeeraspeaking - 12 May 2015 at 7:30pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

G..OATprincessunara

-.SapnokiRani-. IF-Addictz
-.SapnokiRani-.
-.SapnokiRani-.

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
Why is it that the news of Kareena rejecting movies always become a highlight? LOL

I mean granted she has missed some great ones, but I'm sure so did the other actors LOL but all I hear is her name... and funny, I'm not even her fan!
SoyMilk Senior Member
SoyMilk
SoyMilk

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -.SapnokiRani-.

Why is it that the news of Kareena rejecting movies always become a highlight? LOL  

I think it has to do with the fact that many of the films Kareena reject turned out be big hits!  Other actresses turn down roles but usually that works out in favor of them.  Kareena just has bad script sense in general Cry

Edited by desisangel - 12 May 2015 at 8:01pm
SoyMilk Senior Member
SoyMilk
SoyMilk

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

Originally posted by B-TEX

Now Anu would pester you to withdraw the statement. 

Anurag said this all in an interview in front of both Ranbir and Anushka, so they've all pretty much acknowledged this narrative...the script was written with Saif in mind, went to Aamir and Kareena, stayed with HR for 2-ish years and he never read or even realized he had it...in 2011, Anurag offered it to Anushka after watching BBB and Ranbir read it after that, when (he also said this himself) he had no movies (something had fallen through so he was left with nothing)...Vikas Bahl gave him the script without telling Anurag and Ranbir had to spend a while (Rishi Kapoor was also involved in one such meeting) to convince Anurag that he can do it. So yeah, it's pretty much all self-admitted...they've talked a lot about how long this movie has been in the works and that it was difficult to make it happen. 

The only name in the quotes here that's new is Katrina and the info that Aamir rejected the movie because he wanted a bigger female star to act opposite him. Pretty interesting.

Edit: BTW, was there another withdrawal for a statement made by Anushka for something before too?

I think B-Tex is referring to an interview where she whined about being Anurag's first choice and him clarifying on twitter.  Same one where she touted herself as being Hirani's only heroine to have a role in his movie and Sushant having a consequential role in the movie...

Link to article: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Stop-throwing-garbage-at-me/articleshow/17863213.cms

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TheSmurfsG..OATkabeeraspeakingBeautyful_Mess

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desisangel

I think B-Tex is referring to an interview where she whined about being Anurag's first choice and him clarifying on twitter.  Same one where she touted herself as being Hirani's only heroine to have a role in his movie and Sushant having a consequential role in the movie...

Link to article: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Stop-throwing-garbage-at-me/articleshow/17863213.cms

Aha, thank you! This makes Anu squared both look like cuckoos LOL He should've told her then only that there were at least 2 well-known stars considered for the role before her or now kept up with his 'clarification' but here he is admitting that Katrina was in fact offered the role. Jai ho BW forum waasis ki, who have better memories than BW people! LOL

Go to top