Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

I Don't Miss Anything About Bollywood: Kumar Gaurav (Page 4)

lhcj21 Goldie
lhcj21
lhcj21

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by atominis

He was an overnight star post his debut. (Even today if a newbie does exceptional in his debut the only fear is to avoid being the next Kumar Gaurav)

But I guess a couple of wrong moves ruined it for him.

He looks much better than his dad.

But it's fate I guess. Aamir also had many flops post debut but stuck on and finally found groove. But this guy sort of vanished.

Dad became Jubilee Kumar and a superstar of his time. Son got reduced to a one film wonder.

He was lauded for performance in Naam also. AB had given gifts to him and Sanju baba for their performances. So impressed he was with their work.

I have heard he was a quite a youth icon for a while in 80s. His songs still play on TV. He had worked in Kaante also. But I wonder why he again moves away. Many have tried their luck on TV instead but he didn't even do that.

Anyway, his life, his choice. He wasn't that bad either though.

His worst time was actually the late 80s after Naam.  He was popular in the early 80s despite a few flops.  Even some of those flop movies like Romance, Lovers, and Star are still remembered by fans today.  And Teri Kasam with Poonam Dhillon was a semi-hit.  All those movies have beautiful songs that people still enjoy today.  Romance was not one of my favorite movies of his but somehow it has a large fan base on facebook. Confused  The only thing that worked in that movie was the cute chemistry between Kumar Gaurav and Poonam Dhillon.

Another movie, Hum Hain Lajawaab was actually good!  I'm surprised that it flopped and people don't remember it more...

He also received great critical acclaim for his acting in Mahesh Bhatt's Janam (1985).  It's considered his career's best.  He also did a movie Begana (1986) which was also pretty good and his acting stood out. And then he did Naam, but surprisingly after that, things went downhill.

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Ihcj21

Yes Romance is the film whose songs play all the time on TV along with his debut of course.

He did look very good with Poonam Dhillon.

He has featured in some very nice songs in an era that's considered the worst music-wise.

Thanks for further info about him.

I have seen FB fan pages for films like Star and Romance. I hadn't even heard of these films till I watched few songs on TV and came across their FB pages.

It is all about fate or how you market yourself. Maybe he should have tried to do some romantic film in late 80s or early 90s when the tide was turning. I find him more deserving than his father though.

What's his educational qualification? His father was a PhD besides being a superstar!

Meredith IF-Rockerz
Meredith
Meredith

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:11am | IP Logged
He used to be one hottie. Guess he wasn't as ambitious as his contemparies.
IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Ohh here is some interesting gossip about him that I remember hearing years ago. Before his debut in Love Story he was actually engaged to Raj Kapoor's youngest daughter Reema (now Reema Kapoor Jain) but he fell in love with his Love Story costar.  So he broke off his engagement and wanted to marry the actress.  His father however strongly disapproved and put the kibash on his marriage plans. Eventually he married Sunil Dutt's daughter and it was rumored to have been an arranged marriage. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RangeelaaRozy77

MinzPie IF-Stunnerz
MinzPie
MinzPie

Stormtrooper of CC

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Ohh here is some interesting gossip about him that I remember hearing years ago. Before his debut in Love Story he was actually engaged to Raj Kapoor's youngest daughter Reema (now Reema Kapoor Jain) but he fell in love with his Love Story costar. So he broke off his engagement and wanted to marry the actress. His father however strongly disapproved and put the kibash on his marriage plans. Eventually he married Sunil Dutt's daughter and it was rumored to have been an arranged marriage.

Yup I had read that Raj Kapoor and Rajendar kumar were good friends and wanted to become relatives but their friendship turned sour when Kumar gaurav refused to marry reema.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IAmLuvBolly

G..OAT IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
IceMaiden IF-Dazzler
IceMaiden
IceMaiden

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
He was looker and a fine actor. But destiny clicks sometimes an doesn't click at times. This also shows bollywood doesn't necessarily function on the basis of looks. There's some thing called luck,destiny and god's grace.

anitarani

Rangeelaa Senior Member
Rangeelaa
Rangeelaa

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
lol, I remember my mom saying she was sooo in love w/him after Love Story, she was in school then and watched the movie over 14 times for him. He was like the Hrithik Roshan of that time, overnight stars. Even Salman mentions his stardom then here and there
He aged kinda badly, I really loved Love Story, its one of my favorite romantic movies also one of the first old bwood movies I watched :)

(although that actress was kinda bad,still I recommend the movie its really cute)

anitarani

Go to top