I Don't Miss Anything About Bollywood: Kumar Gaurav - Page 3

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by MiniRulz

Even the heroine of love story vijayta pandit flopped after her debut movie.her sister sulakshana pandit was already in movies.music directors Jatin lalit are her brothers if I am not mistaken

Yeah Jatin-Lalit are her brothers.  In the early 80s she turned down movie offers because she wanted to focus on her relationship with Gaurav.  But they broke up.  Then she attempted a singing career but that didn't work out much either for her.
Originally posted by atominis

He was an overnight star post his debut. (Even today if a newbie does exceptional in his debut the only fear is to avoid being the next Kumar Gaurav)

But I guess a couple of wrong moves ruined it for him.

He looks much better than his dad.

But it's fate I guess. Aamir also had many flops post debut but stuck on and finally found groove. But this guy sort of vanished.

Dad became Jubilee Kumar and a superstar of his time. Son got reduced to a one film wonder.

He was lauded for performance in Naam also. AB had given gifts to him and Sanju baba for their performances. So impressed he was with their work.

I have heard he was a quite a youth icon for a while in 80s. His songs still play on TV. He had worked in Kaante also. But I wonder why he again moves away. Many have tried their luck on TV instead but he didn't even do that.

Anyway, his life, his choice. He wasn't that bad either though.

His worst time was actually the late 80s after Naam.  He was popular in the early 80s despite a few flops.  Even some of those flop movies like Romance, Lovers, and Star are still remembered by fans today.  And Teri Kasam with Poonam Dhillon was a semi-hit.  All those movies have beautiful songs that people still enjoy today.  Romance was not one of my favorite movies of his but somehow it has a large fan base on facebook. ðŸ˜•  The only thing that worked in that movie was the cute chemistry between Kumar Gaurav and Poonam Dhillon.

Another movie, Hum Hain Lajawaab was actually good!  I'm surprised that it flopped and people don't remember it more...

He also received great critical acclaim for his acting in Mahesh Bhatt's Janam (1985).  It's considered his career's best.  He also did a movie Begana (1986) which was also pretty good and his acting stood out. And then he did Naam, but surprisingly after that, things went downhill.
Ihcj21

Yes Romance is the film whose songs play all the time on TV along with his debut of course.

He did look very good with Poonam Dhillon.

He has featured in some very nice songs in an era that's considered the worst music-wise.

Thanks for further info about him.

I have seen FB fan pages for films like Star and Romance. I hadn't even heard of these films till I watched few songs on TV and came across their FB pages.

It is all about fate or how you market yourself. Maybe he should have tried to do some romantic film in late 80s or early 90s when the tide was turning. I find him more deserving than his father though.

What's his educational qualification? His father was a PhD besides being a superstar!

He used to be one hottie. Guess he wasn't as ambitious as his contemparies.
Ohh here is some interesting gossip about him that I remember hearing years ago. Before his debut in Love Story he was actually engaged to Raj Kapoor's youngest daughter Reema (now Reema Kapoor Jain) but he fell in love with his Love Story costar.  So he broke off his engagement and wanted to marry the actress.  His father however strongly disapproved and put the kibash on his marriage plans. Eventually he married Sunil Dutt's daughter and it was rumored to have been an arranged marriage. 
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Ohh here is some interesting gossip about him that I remember hearing years ago. Before his debut in Love Story he was actually engaged to Raj Kapoor's youngest daughter Reema (now Reema Kapoor Jain) but he fell in love with his Love Story costar. So he broke off his engagement and wanted to marry the actress. His father however strongly disapproved and put the kibash on his marriage plans. Eventually he married Sunil Dutt's daughter and it was rumored to have been an arranged marriage.

Yup I had read that Raj Kapoor and Rajendar kumar were good friends and wanted to become relatives but their friendship turned sour when Kumar gaurav refused to marry reema.

Heard a spoof of Chhiti Aayi Hai in the movie Inkaar...

Tatti aayi hai, aayi hai, tatti aayi hai...

He was looker and a fine actor. But destiny clicks sometimes an doesn't click at times. This also shows bollywood doesn't necessarily function on the basis of looks. There's some thing called luck,destiny and god's grace.
lol, I remember my mom saying she was sooo in love w/him after Love Story, she was in school then and watched the movie over 14 times for him. He was like the Hrithik Roshan of that time, overnight stars. Even Salman mentions his stardom then here and there
He aged kinda badly, I really loved Love Story, its one of my favorite romantic movies also one of the first old bwood movies I watched :)

(although that actress was kinda bad,still I recommend the movie its really cute)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhthkK6L9XY[/YOUTUBE]

Originally posted by Rangeelaa

lol, I remember my mom saying she was sooo in love w/him after Love Story, she was in school then and watched the movie over 14 times for him. He was like the Hrithik Roshan of that time, overnight stars. Even Salman mentions his stardom then here and there
He aged kinda badly, I really loved Love Story, its one of my favorite romantic movies also one of the first old bwood movies I watched :)

(although that actress was kinda bad,still I recommend the movie its really cute)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhthkK6L9XY[/YOUTUBE]

He really looked cute then...can't believe the pictures of now...hasn't aged so well...