I Don't Miss Anything About Bollywood: Kumar Gaurav - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago
This guy was so goodlooking in his younger days! Good that he's doing well for himself though not in limelight.
He is a very handsome man at 54 wish him all the best in his life.
i liked his lovestory
but why the iv if no one is interested
2nd pic of kumar gaurav = chunkey pandey + sanjay dutt 
but why was he being interviewed all of a sudden? ðŸ˜•
He was an overnight star post his debut. (Even today if a newbie does exceptional in his debut the only fear is to avoid being the next Kumar Gaurav)

But I guess a couple of wrong moves ruined it for him.

He looks much better than his dad.

But it's fate I guess. Aamir also had many flops post debut but stuck on and finally found groove. But this guy sort of vanished.

Dad became Jubilee Kumar and a superstar of his time. Son got reduced to a one film wonder.

He was lauded for performance in Naam also.

I have heard he was a quite a youth icon for a while in 80s. His songs still play on TV. He had worked in Kaante also. But I wonder why he again moves away. Many have tried their luck on TV instead but he didn't even do that.

Anyway, his life, his choice. He wasn't that bad either though.Edited by atominis - 8 years ago
He saw superstardom with love story.he was literally hailed as the next Rajesh Khanna but his movies flopped badly after love story.he is a good actor no doubt.Naam was a good movie where he had a the positive role but unfortunately for him,Sanjay dutt got all the appreciation and the stardom..Edited by MiniRulz - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Live2eat

i liked his lovestory
but why the iv if no one is interested

He was in the news recently when his daughter got married to Bilal Amrohi.  Also, Salman Khan spoke about him on Koffee with Karan, so I think people were interested to know who he was.  When Salman was a newcomer trying to get into acting, Kumar Gaurav tried to help him out and gifted him car tires and new jeans.  He seems like such a good guy in real life too.  It's a shame he didn't achieve the success he deserved.  ðŸ˜­ ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­

Watch the Salman Khan segment on Koffee With Karan:

Edited by lhcj21 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by MiniRulz

He saw superstardom with love story.he was literally hailed as the next Rajesh Khanna but his movies flopped badly after love story.he is a good actor no doubt.Naam was a good movie where he had a the positive role but unfortunately for him,Sanjay dutt got all the appreciation and the stardom..

I read that Sanjay Dutt's career was starting to decline and Kumar Gaurav decided to make that movie to help him get back on track.  And it worked.  Sanjay Dutt became a star again and Gaurav did not ðŸ˜­.

Naam: The film Kumar Gaurav made for buddy Sanjay Dutt

Roshmila Bhattacharya, Mumbai Mirror | Oct 28, 2014, 12.02AM IST
Sanjay
Sanjay Dutt's career got off to a Rocky start in '81. Following a battle with drugs and a series of flops, it had hit a dead end five years later. In these testing times, his buddy who became his brother-in-law, Kumar Gaurav, not only stood by him but was determined to make a film that would bring him back into the race. This film was Naam.

The idea of two half-brothers came from Mahesh Bhatt, who during his growing up years was haunted by the ghost of his own illegitimacy. He sketched out the story of Ravi and Vicky to the two young actors and instantly, impulsively, Kumar Gaurav decided to turn it into a film under his banner.

His father, Rajendra Kumar, wasn't convinced, having spotted the dangers inherent in the script."Even though it was a two-hero project, Rajendra Kumar knew that the audience's sympathies would eventually swing from Kumar Gaurav's character Ravi to Sanju's bad boy Vicky," reasons Bhatt who went on to direct the film.

Naturally, no father would want his son to get overshadowed in a film he was producing but Kumar Gauarv stood his ground and insisted he wanted to make this film and none other. Eventually his dad gave in.

Bhatt then took his idea to Salim Khan. After the split of the Salim-Javed jodi, Javed Akhtar was the one getting the plum offers and it was being said that Salim had been just the business component in the partnership that had given Bollywood blockbusters like Sholay, Zanjeer, Trishuland Seeta Aur GeetaNaam brought Salim Khan back into the spotlight as a scriptwriter and he gave it all he had. "He added box-office sparkle to my offbeat story of two half brothers and turned it into a blockbuster. Naam was my first golden jubilee," reminisces Bhatt.

Sanjay Dutt, he remembers, was like a bhakt who surrendered himself completely to the film with single-minded dedication and boundless energy. "I never saw that kind of focus in Sanju again. With his stunning performance , he broke people's heart. We became a lifelong friend and years later, on the eve of his departure to the Yerwada Jail, I remember sitting with him and feeling as helpless as Kumar Gaurav's character in Naam because there was so little that I could do for him," he sighs.

There's a word of praise for Amrita Singh too who played Sanjay's wife and the mother of his unborn child for whom he finally decides to give up his life of crime and return home. It was like waking up to a new day after a long dark night and was beautifully expressed in the song, Chhiti aaye hai.

"Laxmikant-Pyarelal scored some beautiful songs for the film, but this is the one people still want to talk about whenever I travel to the Middle-East," says Bhatt, recalling how when Rajendra Kumar first heard Anand Bakshi's lyrics he innocently asked about the mukhdas and the anatras, convinced that a song that strayed from the traditional format would not work. Bhatt was far more accepting and Bakshi told their producer, "That's why you have put a younger director in charge. He understands my language, you don't," Once again, Rajendra Kumar gracefully gave in.

Pankaj Udhas, a popular ghazal singer in the '80s, not only recorded it but it was also picturuised on him. "Pankaj would shoot for us during the day and sing at concerts at night. He struck a chord with the Indian and Pakistani diaspora," points out Bhatt, adding that Salim saab had stressed on the bonds of brotherhood between the two countries through the friendship of Sanjay and Aakash Khurana, his Pakistani neighbour who stands by him when he is imprisoned in Dubai.

As he signs off Bhatt adds Naam's misguided search for identity would not have had the emotional impact it did without its mother figure. He says, "Nutan wasn't keeping well at the time but she instantly agreed to do the role and would come on the sets an hour-and-a-half early to get into the skin of the character. As always she was outstanding!"
Originally posted by MiniRulz

He saw superstardom with love story.he was literally hailed as the next Rajesh Khanna but his movies flopped badly after love story.he is a good actor no doubt.Naam was a good movie where he had a the positive role but unfortunately for him,Sanjay dutt got all the appreciation and the stardom..

Naam and Khalnayak are scenario like Deewar (in some ways even inspired by Deewar and Mother India). The guy with grey shades on his role owned the movies. The good guy got ignored.

His father Rajendra Kumar also got ignored in Mother India and Sunil Dutt walked away with all accolades as Birju. But his dad was fortunate enough to get good films and found his groove in romantic or family drama type films with great music, hence Jubilee Kumar. Whereas he just got lost in the crowd.

He looked far better with 80s ladies like Poonam Dhillon and others unlike Anils or Jackies who looked rather older and rugged.

I think timing beat him. Had he debuted in late 80s he would be better received. He must be too chikna for that action/masala era. Just bad luck.

He is a big example of how famous and rich father also can't make a star out of his son. Rajendra Kumar was among the richest movie personalities even in early 90s. Still he couldn't prop up his son.

I think he has enough moolah to live a comfortable life given his inheritance as well as businesses. So it is fine if he doesn't want to consider showbiz again.
Even the heroine of love story vijayta pandit flopped after her debut movie.her sister sulakshana pandit was already in movies.music directors Jatin lalit are her brothers if I am not mistakenEdited by MiniRulz - 8 years ago