India-Forums

Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems
Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

~Never Truly Yours~ One-Shot

jassie_17 IF-Rockerz
jassie_17
jassie_17

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Hi,this is Jassie,a relatively old member of India Forums.I have published my work on this forum before but that was ages back.Now i bring forward a new one-shot fiction.Please do post your comments.
What would you do when your world unknowingly starts slipping away from you amidst all the power that you were just about to garner? Such was the love between Harsh and Mihika who were burned in a turmoil of politics. Were they meant to be or were they simply figments of each other's imagination??
Cheers,Jassie

Edited by jassie_17 - 12 May 2015 at 8:42pm

jassie_17 IF-Rockerz
jassie_17
jassie_17

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
"Never let anyone come so close to you that your world starts slipping away from you unannounced". 

That used to be the words of my mentor who alerted me as I began to embark on a murky world of politics.

As I reflect on the first day of my political career, I find myself so invigorated by the power I behold over the country and the residents of India. I still reminisce the eve of the electorial night.

Mihika, my campaign manager had been handling all my matters, both professional and personal. She could be trusted for even the most trivial of affairs yet I chose her to work for me for my campaign. If she had willed, she could have easily rejected my offer and worked for the opposition party, initiated by Shravan Jaiswal, whom she knew for quite some time as she began to serve the political industry for approximately 5 years. But instead, she chose the new, naive and politically young me--Harshad Mishra.

I began working closely with her, being a part of the political world, feeding myself with the nitty gritty details of leadership, social, political and economical issues revolving around the country and the world. Things which I barely knew that had existed had light being shed upon. I worked for hours with her and with time, I spent more time with her than my very own family and kids. Life was simply getting the better of me but I was oblivious to the grimaces and concerns of my personal world, which was claimed to be handled very well by Mihika. She became an indispensable part of me. Little did we realize the mutual fondness growing into physical attraction during the darkest hours of our lives. Her problems became mine as I grew distant from the pains of my family. I forgot myself and fell into a mystical trance of happiness upon fulfilling her needs. Nothing else mattered to me at that point of time.

What happened next was totally unpredictable.Both of us had worked real hard for my speech for the huge day of my life. We were hell sure of our victory and we couldn't wait for the next day. Letting the complacency overwhelm us, we drank to our wit's end and fell on top of each other, landing on the couch in my cabin. The laughter that initially erupted from the fall eventually led to a deep passionate kiss which brought us intensely close as we made love to each other in our state of inebriation.

Hours later, as I shifted her head mildly from my chest, I took her phone which was ringing. I wonder who was calling her and picked it up, since I didn't want to wake her up from her deep,restful sleep.

The phone kept ringing as I saw Shravan's name on her mobile.

"Maybe I shouldn't pick up for it could be important for Mihi but what's so important that Shravan can't wait till tomorrow??"

I gradually placed the phone towards my ear and heard Shravan's voice.

"Mihi, what happened to our date? The electorial night is tomorrow..Come on, update me and tell me if Harshad has fallen into our trap or not?? Surely by now you would have taken him into confidence and won his heart.."

My eyes grew red with rage upon hearing the unanticipated words relating to Mihika. I heard her voice, asking for me and I turned around. She woke up and just as she was about to tie her hair, she noticed her mobile in my hand. She grew hesitant but boldly managed to stride towards me to get her mobile, as though nothing had happened. I looke intently at her as she tried her optimum to avoid my gaze.

I glance at my diary as I mark the first day of my political career. The night seemed so fresh in my head yet I didn't let it leave my head nor did I let go of my mentor's words. Indeed it was so true. I had let Mihika come so close to letting my world slip by. However, what did she get by trying to win my confidence and playing a double game with me??

Flashes of last night appeared in my head yet once again as I proudly waved my hand at my voters and the huge audience before me.

Mihika was stoning, not being able to express herself as she came to her senses, realizing that Shravan had called. Just as she thought of leaving, I slammed the door of my cabin real hard against her. She needed to know the pain she had inflicted upon me but no tinge of regret was present in her eyes.

"Why, Mihika??"

"I had to. I didn't want to but I couldn't betray Shravan. He's been keeping a tab on me ever since I've joined politics.This world is filled with a whirlpool of dangers awaiting you as you tread on slippery roads. I realized this only after some time and it seems like I'm stuck here forever. Then you came by and I thought that you could save me from this mess. That you would mever figure out."

"But I did, Mihi, just in the nick of time.Before time runs out, maybe you wish to say something, Mihika??"

"What do you mean??"

"I'm sure it's going to be hard for you to continue this messed-up game further on.What if Shravan finds out?? He'll never leave you alone!!I'm looking out for your best interest."

"Oh my Harsh..I'm so sorry for hurting you.. (hugged him) I love you!!"

"I love you too Mihi!!(pulled the trigger of my personal gun)But not to such an extent that I would allow you to destroy my world when it is at my footsteps.You know that very well, don't you dear??"(Mihika froze with shock but soon dropped dead and I closed her eyes, kissing her forehead)

The wave of victory filled my heart with immense satisfaction. One, which couldn't have been achieved without Mihika nor would it have been possible with her by my side.

As such,my political career started...

Cheers,
Jassie
agreatperhaps IF-Rockerz
agreatperhaps
agreatperhaps

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Nice story Jassie. Interesting. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jassie_17

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top