Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems
Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

The Lock, The Key and The Pin

santiagosentyou IF-Stunnerz
santiagosentyou
santiagosentyou

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 12:43am | IP Logged

'You're the key to my lock.' She vowed.

Wasn't that so easy to say? The ultimate declaration of companionship. The promise of a lifetime together. The unbreakable vow. The feeling of being together forever. That's just a few things signified by it. But is it really?

The key was copied too many times to count. The lock was opened with a new key every time. It happened so often, that the original key was now lying under all the other copies. The key still stayed. It remained faithful and always opened the lock. 

At times, a pin came through and was added to the box of keys. That pin which opened all the other locks as well. It was still the most important key of all for the lock. She could lose all other keys but the pin would still come through. It would open other locks. It would never remain faithful to her. It might even spoil the lock. Despite all that, the pin would come through.

An added advantage with the pin was, even if one of them broke, another would always be ready and once used, it could easily be thrown away. The pin was an uncomplicated companion. The lock could use it or throw it, as and when required. Even if someone else picked it up, it wouldn't matter because the lock would be safe unless the person who picked it up knew how to use it.

With the key, it wasn't that easy. Once thrown away, anyone could break in. The key remained locked up at all times, not allowed to get out of the box, but rather tortured inside it, just because the lock would be in danger. Thus, all the keys would be locked away.

Soon, that key which lay forgotten under all others would be retrieved. This time, to be thrown away. The excuse would be of the lock having too many keys. The key would have no use now as it would have rusted and chipped. It was of no use to the lock and to anyone who picked it up. And so, the one that once mattered most is finally removed from the box and the lock's life, only to be discarded.

The lock, on the other hand, had no clue of the key being thrown away. It was insignificant to her, as long as she was in use. Whether it was a pin or a key, she was still the irreplacable one. Soon, after many years of being used, she too was thrown away and then replaced by another lock. After all, a lock which has rusted is of no use to anyone.

'You finally did end up in the same place as me.' He laughed.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.scarlet....Shrisha....effervescent.26javey-CromulentHaze-

-CromulentHaze- IF-Stunnerz
-CromulentHaze-
-CromulentHaze-

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Let It Go...Let It Go...Let It Go... ROFL I sorry. Stupid song is stuck in my head.
Flame.Of.Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Flame.Of.Rose
Flame.Of.Rose

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -CandyFloss-

Let It Go...Let It Go...Let It Go... ROFL I sorry. Stupid song is stuck in my head.
Don't worry. We both be stupid. ROFLROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-CromulentHaze-

santiagosentyou
santiagosentyou

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Flame.Of.Rose

And I'm going to kill you if you don't unreserve in the next hour. SmileStern Smile

Flame.Of.Rose

santiagosentyou
santiagosentyou

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:53am | IP Logged

THAT SONG IS MY JAM. Blushing

-CromulentHaze-

Flame.Of.Rose
Flame.Of.Rose

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ARandKJFan

And I'm going to kill you if you don't unreserve in the next hour. SmileStern Smile
Gimme four.
I am writing an OS abhi and then i need to collab a post with my friend. Uske baad your turn LOL
santiagosentyou
santiagosentyou

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:14am | IP Logged

Gimme four.
I am writing an OS abhi and then i need to collab a post with my friend. Uske baad your turn LOL
KAL SE mera turn nahi aaya. Ermm
Flame.Of.Rose
Flame.Of.Rose

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:18am | IP Logged

Gimme four.
KAL SE mera turn nahi aaya. Ermm
Meri amma abhi PC mila hai Stern Smile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index