Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

How can Deepika and Priyanka do a period film well like Aish? (Page 2)

kumro-potash Goldie
kumro-potash
kumro-potash

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
I don't think it will be much of a problem. Priyanka is certainly going to rock as Kashi Bai, With DP I have my doubts but still, she is going to look ethereal that's for sure. It's not necessary to look royal every time you try your hand in a periodical flick, all characters of such films do not necessarily have royal roots- Paro wasn't a princess, neither Umraojaan- so  Aish looking royal in those films made these  characters look unreal to me. Bajirao and Kashibai were not royals and mastani- I don't know some says she was courtesan, some says a muslim princess, whatever I don't know what grace and aura everybody thinks should be there to act in a period film- which DP and PC lacks tremendously and only and only Aishwaria possesses!!!!
                As per as dance is concerned, I can't care less. I mean who goes to cinema hall to watch song and dance; you can see that on TV. SLB is such an overrated director, just because Madhuri and Ash are the best dancers of the industry, he made Paro and Chandramukhi dance together, now he is going to do the same with DP- PC, and these two poor ladies will waste hell lot of time and energy to do it as good as MD- AR, and obviously won't be successful. Why can't they concentrate on other important things?  For that reason I have immense respect for Ashutosh Gowarekar, had SLB made Jodha Akbar, he would have surely made Hrithik Ash dance in some dholi taro or nagara bajao number.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveProfusion

HypocriteLover Goldie
HypocriteLover
HypocriteLover

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
DP looks good in traditional wear and she has pulled of a lot of things so yea she can I guess. she is very hard working so even if she cant she will try ahrd and soul. same goes for PC but she wont be that good. one thing is certain, none has the grace and poise of Ash. 
.mystic.girl. Goldie

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Acting wise ...both are better than Aish :P

But it was Aish..who LOOKS the best as a historical figure. It's too early to say but I cant imagine PC or DP looking as regal as Aish Heart

I think all the three are good in their own ways. It's too early to say anything. At the same time, it's difficult to imagine someone looking better than Aish as a historical figure.

Kamala05

raj80 IF-Sizzlerz
raj80
raj80

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
just bcoz these 2 actresses haven't done period films doesn't mean they can't pull off...it's better to judgethem after watching the film...

Edited by raj80 - 11 May 2015 at 11:08pm

LoveProfusion

LoveProfusion IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:34pm | IP Logged

ponymo IF-Rockerz
ponymo
ponymo

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Ash is tailor made for period movies. She has the classic face and the grace, poise and aura to pull it off. That apart she's a great actress and an excellent dancer so she makes it look so natural. Deepika and Priyanka fall short on all these parameters before Ash so I don't think they'll live up to the standards set by her. Although I wouldn't mind to get surprised.
LoveProfusion IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:41pm | IP Logged

Go to top