How can Deepika and Priyanka do a period film well like Aish?

Posted: 8 years ago
😉 😆 I have been wondering how Sanjay Bhansali can do Baijaro Mastani with Deepika and Priyanka. It will probably be a well made film. But the songs will be the core of this movie. Deepika and Priyanka can't dance or have the grace which Aish did so well in Devdas. Even in Umrao Jaan (my favorite film of all time), Aish carried all those songs effortlessly. Jodhaa Akbar was another prime example of how Aish did a period film so well. Sanjay Bhansali could have a disaster on his hands. Aish was the original choice for Mastani. I am curious to see how BM will turn out. But Bhansali should make his next movie with Aish and Ranbir. Please share your thoughts. 😲Edited by ShantiAshtangi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Deepika is not a bad dancer. She did Nagada sang dhol well. Priyanka can take lessons. She puts a lot of effort into her movies. I am sure if it was required from her she would do so. Depika has proven herself to be a competent actress. Priyanka is a great one. Im sure acting won't be lacking. Yeah neither will look as regal as Aish and period films were her forte. But that doesnt necessarily mean Bajro Mastani will be a disaster without her. Sanjay has done well without Aish before Khamoshi, Black, Ram Leela being either critical or commercial successes. And period films have done well without her before as well.  Edited by grumpydwarf - 8 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
There was no dancing in Jodha Akbar for Aish firstly. 
I do agree Aish has this inbuilt grace and aura about her. Perfect fit for periodic cinema. 

I do feel Deepika would pull it off somehow.  Priyanka not so sure. Lets see. 
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Deepika and Priyanka have a lot of constraint in their expressions and emotions. Both look very traditional in Indian attire, and both are extremely hard working. So they might not be at the same level, but we'll only know after we see a glimpse of BM.
I think most people felt during the whole Nagada Sang vs Dholi Taro that Aish is the better dancer and more graceful. And there's bound to be Deepika/PC vs Mads/Aish comparisons b/c it's a 2-heroine film. But each have their traits and flaws and show be judged on their own merit not ia comparisons. Such different stories and approaches.
Neela-Paani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lookwise-Period look can suit DP somewhat.She looks good in traditionals.PC doesnt IMO.She lacks the aura and dignity of Aish,who is perfect representation of an Indian classic beauty.
Dancing-Both are strictly average compared to Ash who is spectacular in case of both skills and grace.DP and PC are yet to achieve any kind of technical finesse.
Acting-PC will do good as I think as she can deliver the desired histrionics of KashiBai.she is better at pulling off intense drama than lighthearted scenes which DP excels at.
Edited by Neela-Paani - 8 years ago
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
How can???
Oh shamtiashtangi😆
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, no one can ever match Aishwarya. She even poops gold nuggets.
ChintuKapoor thumbnail
arrey bhaye kyun nahin,aishrawriay kaunsa hoor pari hai k koi mukabla nahi kar sakta. 
kumro-potash thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't think it will be much of a problem. Priyanka is certainly going to rock as Kashi Bai, With DP I have my doubts but still, she is going to look ethereal that's for sure. It's not necessary to look royal every time you try your hand in a periodical flick, all characters of such films do not necessarily have royal roots- Paro wasn't a princess, neither Umraojaan- so  Aish looking royal in those films made these  characters look unreal to me. Bajirao and Kashibai were not royals and mastani- I don't know some says she was courtesan, some says a muslim princess, whatever I don't know what grace and aura everybody thinks should be there to act in a period film- which DP and PC lacks tremendously and only and only Aishwaria possesses!!!!
                As per as dance is concerned, I can't care less. I mean who goes to cinema hall to watch song and dance; you can see that on TV. SLB is such an overrated director, just because Madhuri and Ash are the best dancers of the industry, he made Paro and Chandramukhi dance together, now he is going to do the same with DP- PC, and these two poor ladies will waste hell lot of time and energy to do it as good as MD- AR, and obviously won't be successful. Why can't they concentrate on other important things?  For that reason I have immense respect for Ashutosh Gowarekar, had SLB made Jodha Akbar, he would have surely made Hrithik Ash dance in some dholi taro or nagara bajao number.

HypocriteLover thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
DP looks good in traditional wear and she has pulled of a lot of things so yea she can I guess. she is very hard working so even if she cant she will try ahrd and soul. same goes for PC but she wont be that good. one thing is certain, none has the grace and poise of Ash.