Posted: 8 years ago
It was very hurtful
Anushka Sharma opens up about being labelled a distraction' for boyfriend Virat Kohli

Sneha Mahadevan
DNA
May 12, 2015

In her next " Bombay Velvet " Anushka Sharma plays Rosie Noronha, a jazz singer. Now that she is done with that, she wants to do a biopic. "I feel like doing a biopic. I have been offered a couple of them but nothing has really excited me. I would like to play a singer or an actor - a performer. Actually, I am open to anything, though I would like it to be about a performer or an athlete perhaps," says the actress. She recently saw La Vie en Rose, a French and Canadian biographical musical on the life of French singer dith Piaf and loved it. Closer home, she was impressed with Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra's Bhaag Milka Bhaag with Farhan's performance in the film.

When asked if something like a biopic on the life of Meena Kumari that filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia is making with Kangana Ranuat would interest her, she shakes her head, "Isn't that based on Vinod Mehta's book? I want to do a fully researched biopic. Something extra than what everyone already knows... and I can bring something more to the table." Anushka explains.

She plays a jazz singer in BV, but has no singing aspirations, like her contemporaries like Alia and Shraddha. She reveals, "I can sing but it is not something that I am thinking of. Tomorrow, if my director says there is a song in a film that I would like you to sing' then yes, I would do it for fun. But not otherwise."

Deviating from her professional life to personal, I ask her about the recently concluded World Cup, where she was blamed for being a distraction for boyfriend, Virat Kohli. Although Kohli spoke about being upset for Anushka being blamed for his poor performance at some matches, she maintained her silence. Why? She shrugs, "I don't know what to make out of it. It is upsetting, no doubt. To be targeted and bullied by goons, if I call them that. It was very hurtful. It is sad that a self-made, successful woman, can be degraded and downgraded to nothing more than a distraction or a Mandakini' who is destroying someone's concentration."

She further adds, "At the same time, you are doubting the credibility and passion of one of your brightest players. Who I know, has so much passion for his game, that he went and performed in a match on the day his father died. People don't understand the enormity of that. For them, it was just about someone playing a match they don't realise what all goes on behind that. We put in a lot of struggle to reach a certain position. People just see the good parts, and they think it is okay to say mean things. It's sad. We need to have some basic sensitivity towards everyone, but I think intelligent people " I am not saying educated because even they behave quite stupidly " evolved and civilised people know how to behave in such situations and I don't really think the others have any significance in the society in any case," she concludes.

Why put such weird pic of her? ðŸ˜•
That picture of her is not PG, completely ruined what the article was meant to be about.
They should have put a pic of Virat right behind her ðŸ˜‰
Such a terrible picture. 
Why would a publication like DNA use a picture with strong adult theme in an interview.
The title and the pic. 🤣
Originally posted by Sassenach

They should have put a pic of Virat right behind her ðŸ˜‰

🤣

Then it would have been doggystyle was very hurtful. ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

🤣

Then it would have been doggystyle was very hurtful. ðŸ˜†

And then maybe Virat can do a doggy style inspired celebration in the field, lets say after a catch or after scoring a century.

😆
Yuck! this snap being used here is ridiculous! Such a level headed interview and then there is this slapped on it!! :/
The title and the pic 😳 🤣