India-Forums

Mixed Episode - 11/05

Geetha_R Goldie
Geetha_R
Geetha_R

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
The first episode of the week is kind of mixed one. There were some good scenes, of the kids with the grandfather, and some scenes looked totally out of place.

The makers are shaping up the budding relationship between Mr. Kapoor and the kids very nicely. It was good to see the grandfather reason with the kids about why he scolded Aarav and also how he accepts that he is not perfect, but he will try his best. As I said already, Aarav due to his innocence is more open, but Disha is coming around too..  Aarav's concern for his father was very touchy. 

M & M duo's kids are shown as typical snobby rich kids, nothing new there, as expected they snub Aarav. Wonder why the inhibitors of Kapoor house so fond of bean bags, ;), we see them in every room. Are the beanbags really comfortable to play video games?

Disha consoling  Aarav with a game of cricket was nice. They injected the promotion of LIC policies very intelligently in the episode, LIC being the title sponsor deserved it, I guess ;). Mr. Kapoor and Disha both have very short fuses, both fly off the handle with the least trigger. 

The last scene was very predictable, there is no suspense in what condition Mr. Kapoor has for Aarav, but, a well executed and well enacted scene, especially Pankaj Dheer was good in the scene. 

Ram, as expected declined to lawyer's services. Let's see what changes his mind.  Aayan need to minimise showing his teeth. His smile at all times, even when he meet a accused in prison look out of place.

The one scene I could make no sense of is the law office scene. I just couldn't understand what was the need to show the senior lawyer / owner of the firm as such a dumbo..  He didn't ask any information about the case to Karan, he told him he will check the file, and what is there in the file? How can Karan make a file on the case? What qualifications he has to do that? And the lawyer just handed the file to the new comer Ayaan, who is also fresh graduate. Even if the firm handles the case pro bono, won't the senior lawyer check the credibility of the case & the client and also hold some initial discussions with the junior lawyer and the client? The scene was totally senseless and it stood out like a sore thumb. I would have preferred if they just shown the conversion between Karan, the senior lawyer and Ayaan in mute, that would atleast given us an opportunity to imagine some sensible discussion. 

The scene of Disha at Sooraj's house looked unnecessary to me.. Haven't they already established the rapport Anu shared with Sooraj? Maybe they wanted Disha to be aware of the closeness? Possible, but still the scene didn't look much needed, maybe I should stop expecting every scene to be meaningful ;). It would have been nice if Disha is shown to be remembering her parents' fake fights and teasing when she had seen Sooraj and his wife indulging in the same. 

Overall not much progress in story, except the growing acceptance / understanding between  Disha & Mr. Kapoor. Hope the upcoming episodes in this week are better. 

Precap : Ayaaan getting hit once again by Disha, this time by the cricket ball ;). Mr, Kapoor getting close to seeing Ram's pic in the file, but don't we all know it is too early for him to get to know about Ayaaan representing Ram. ;). Just a hit & miss, typical to our tv shows.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

roma965prefix3

SuganthiS Goldie
SuganthiS
SuganthiS

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Thank you for the take, Geetha.

Yes, I would also call it a mixed episode. I also liked the way they are building up the relationship the grandfather is trying to forge with the children. No immediate thawing or melting but he's trying his best but admitting that he's not perfect. That's how strangers who are related try and build a bond. Aarav is easier to bond with but yes, Disha is also slowly coming around. I doubt if she will be very close with her granddad but surely will be more tolerant of him.

Poor kids of Manika have ended up as stereotypes...rich, spoilt brats. Bean bags...hehe, maybe they got them at a discount!

Loved that the grandfather is not taunting the kids anymore and the LIC policy is another one of those promotions which shows end up doing of their sponsors but this time, it's something which is so important and essential in life. So I actually appreciated this particular promotion. Disha and her grandfather are two peas in a pod...both do fly off the handle at the drop of a hat!

Ram was expected to decline a lawyer but I'm sure Ayaan isn't going to give up...he smiles way too much to give up that easily!!!

Geetha, the scene in the lawyer's office was supposed to be humour...at least that was what they were attempting! Let's give them the benefit of doubt...perhaps Karan had already explained the case to Mr Absent minded Senior Lawyer or another lawyer in that firm and a file had been prepared. And Ayaan would discuss all details with Mr Absent Minded Lawyer...which they didn't show us. But yes, it was supposed to be humour but perhaps the circumstances surrounding the case makes it difficult to laugh.

Yes, the scene at Sooraj's house I too didn't understand the need. But we did learn that Anu was close to Sooraj and his wife and doted on Ayaan as a kid. Maybe it was just a one off scene, not meant to have too much meaning. Maybe they want to show that Sooraj and Ayaan at least will be a big support system to the Ahujas. Also every show has these filler scenes.

They need to bring more of Ram in and move the story. Seems Ayaan is much older to Disha and I would like them to be friends. No need to show any romance...a strong friendship and support system with a hint towards something romantic in the distant future would be good. And yes...I'm sure it's too early for Mr Kapoor to know that Ayaan will represent Ram or at least is trying to represent Ram.

Hope with 5 days a week telecast...they don't bring filler scenes galore! Heard that Reporters is a finite series, would like this show to be one too. I also think they have shot some FBs with Ram and Anu...they need to show some of them.

Edited by SuganthiS - 11 May 2015 at 7:38pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Geetha_R

Geetha_R Goldie
Geetha_R
Geetha_R

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SuganthiS

Thank you for the take, Geetha.

Yes, I would also call it a mixed episode. I also liked the way they are building up the relationship the grandfather is trying to forge with the children. No immediate thawing or melting but he's trying his best but admitting that he's not perfect. That's how strangers who are related try and build a bond. Aarav is easier to bond with but yes, Disha is also slowly coming around. I doubt if she will be very close with her granddad but surely will be more tolerant of him.

Poor kids of Manika have ended up as stereotypes...rich, spoilt brats. Bean bags...hehe, maybe they got them at a discount!

Loved that the grandfather is not taunting the kids anymore and the LIC policy is another one of those promotions which shows end up doing of their sponsors but this time, it's something which is so important and essential in life. So I actually appreciated this particular promotion. Disha and her grandfather are two peas in a pod...both do fly off the handle at the drop of a hat!

Ram was expected to decline a lawyer but I'm sure Ayaan isn't going to give up...he smiles way too much to give up that easily!!!

Geetha, the scene in the lawyer's office was supposed to be humour...at least that was what they were attempting! Let's give them the benefit of doubt...perhaps Karan had already explained the case to Mr Absent minded Senior Lawyer or another lawyer in that firm and a file had been prepared. And Ayaan would discuss all details with Mr Absent Minded Lawyer...which they didn't show us. But yes, it was supposed to be humour but perhaps the circumstances surrounding the case makes it difficult to laugh.

Yes, the scene at Sooraj's house I too didn't understand the need. But we did learn that Anu was close to Sooraj and his wife and doted on Ayaan as a kid. Maybe it was just a one off scene, not meant to have too much meaning. Maybe they want to show that Sooraj and Ayaan at least will be a big support system to the Ahujas. Also every show has these filler scenes.

They need to bring more of Ram in and move the story. Seems Ayaan is much older to Disha and I would like them to be friends. No need to show any romance...a strong friendship and support system with a hint towards something romantic in the distant future would be good. And yes...I'm sure it's too early for Mr Kapoor to know that Ayaan will represent Ram or at least is trying to represent Ram.

Hope with 5 days a week telecast...they don't bring filler scenes galore! Heard that Reporters is a finite series, would like this show to be one too. I also think they have shot some FBs with Ram and Anu...they need to show some of them.

Hahha, Suganthi, yes Ayaan smiles too much to give up easily, reminds me of smiling assassin ;)

I was flabbergasted during the law firm scene, it was a crucial scene as Ayaan is shown to be taken up the case and meeting Karan. Pathetic attempt at humour doesn't suit there.

Ayaan has to be at the least 22 as Law course (after school) is a 5 year course.  As Ram & Anu got married only 18 years back, it makes sense that Anu doted on Ayaan before her marriage. Yes, I agree 16 year Disha is too young for Ayaan, but 20 year old Disha won't be young for a 26 year old Ayaan. The age difference doesn't change, but the level of maturity makes a difference once she crosses the teenage. 

Yes, I too have same concern  about the 5 days telecast. Time for the story to move towards Ayaan's investigation &  court trial. If I remember correctly, Karan said on Thursday episode that they have 14 more days for trial. Let's see how fast or slow the time goes..

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top