Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Arshics very nice post. Maya ut gayi and as you rightly said there was no romance in the hug. If the hug was let down, then again the other dialogue when she is bought back by Dr Rao it was flat. Simply there is no connect. I couldn't stand the epi to be frank.

Coming to Leela behosh. Didn't I tell you. Maya and Leela cannot be together. Only one at a time and finally one has to prevail over other.

And for me Maya or illusion has to go. It is really becoming a headache now. Jitna fast so sake potli bandho Maya ki and save us viewer's to some much needed action.

And Arshics script is the backbone of any show. If it is getting diluted for TRP well what to say. When will our TV change. Maybe I will lament for years when TRPs will remain only for saas-bahu sagas and other shows will have to cut corners for TRP aunty.

Shruthi, thanks to the actor and the script both, Maya was never an illusion for me, just an annoying nightmare! 

Leela with her single expression displayed far more emotions than weepy Maya! Pata nah in kyon, but this actor never worked for me. 

As for the dilution of the script for TRP - isn't it a limited episode show with only 35 or so episodes left? 

Why would they tweak it now? And why with Rudra Maya romance? It's never really made any positive impact 

Infact, wouldn't it have been better to get to the core, and show the Amrit ki ladai, instead of wasting a week on awakening of Maya? 

That whole Rudra gets poisoned would've been better done during quest for Amrit than for Maya's sake, who as we all know was never in any danger, and by being in coma was also actually safe. 

I agree with you, illusion or no illusion, Maya has to go, because she's just, well annoying, extremely so! 
Arshics thumbnail
Shyamala, 

It indeed was the pits, and the among the many letdowns has been the weepy thapadiya Mai 

What a splendid entry she had, and what a flopshow she has been! Her famous thappads and gaalis forgotten, and turned into nirupa Roy! 

When I call Greyrson thali Kya baingan, it's not with dismay, but with a grudging admiration kind of, for he is the only one who has been consistent in the maze of inconsistencies as pointed out in your weekend post. 

The man who is very clear about who his master is, and has remarkable self preservation instinct S proved by the bhagwa sadhu vesh he still dons. 

As for why anyone says anything in this show, makes no sense to me anymore 

Sad that utkarsh is leaving, if we as viewers get so upset by a loved show falling in quality, for a writer it must be 100 times more heartbreaking, for its their labour of love... 

And if he is passionate about his work, and wants to not settle for less, he will want to walk away! 

So, I guess, upset as I am, I respect his need to quit and not carry on if iphis heart is not in it. 

But considering that there's so little time left now, I wish he'd stayed on to finish what he had started so beautifully. 

MB and dansh are the highlight of the show, and the way they two waited for her to acknowledge them was telling how much dansh regards her, for he has never shown any courtesy or decency towards anyone, inclusive his own guru! 

As for Garuda pramukh and his uniexpression, the poor guy, hasn't been getting anything substantial to do. The garudas 

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Arshi my dear,

Splendid, right from the title onwards! The crack about the CCTVs is spot on. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Last night was the pits, the absolutely worst episode of Mahakumbh that has been wished on us so far.😑  I would like to drown the whole lot of them - bar MB and Dansh - in the now black Ganga πŸ˜‰,  which is probably some stunt the 'Veshes have pulled to underline their continued relevance.

Incidentally,  last week, did Devesh not swear total faith in the nagas  adhering to their vachan,   in his case Dansh's promise re: the Brahma Nisht Panth and the Saraswati Kund becoming theirs if they helped the nagas  get the amrit? Yes last night he says none of the three lots -  the garuds,  the nagas  and Rao - can be trusted. Another inconsistency for my list!

Why are the 'Veshes so dismayed by Greyerson keeping the facts about Rudra being alive and Maya having recovered from them? And you too, for that  matter? The 'Veshes were bending over double  in fear in front of Rao, and he clearly instructed them to do what the nagas wanted and Greyerson to do what he, Rao, wanted. He is no thali ka baingan, is Greyerson, he just has a well-developed instinct for self-preservation, and then again, he was the Cardinal's man first, and now he is Rao's man,  and  a partner of the 'Veshes only out of temporary necessity!

So it should have been clear to the 'Veshes that if Greyerson was mum on these matters, Rao must have wanted them kept secret.  Not that anything is secret in this place, for Balivesh's spy informs him at once about both these developments, the ones Rao wanted kept, above all, from the 'Veshes .

What I really liked last night was MB meditating and levitating at the same time, and Dansh and Drish hanging around waiting for her to condescend to open her eyes!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ Lovely stuff. She is the sole bright spot in Mahakumbh, with Dansh a close second. Rudra has gone back to a uni-expression stance, and Maya is, well, Maya. I hope, not for the first time, that she stays kidnapped.

Do the writers realise how little time they have left? And what a cat's cradle the tale has become now? Arshi, there is no hope for this show any more. Utkarsh tweeted back to me that he had been pessimistic about it for the past month, but was still doing his best. Now one month ago would be from around the time Shivanand became batty. And Shivanand now is unbearable. No wonder  Utkarsh has quit, poor boy!

Shyamala

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Shymaladi why a finite show is diluted. It was for 120 epi right. As per the tweet you got from Utkarsh it seems that the story was planned beyond 120 and now with the less TRPs they are wrapping up in 120. Maybe then the script had , had to cut corners to accommodate everything fast and yesterday I really really felt it.
I mean too many things in single day. It reminds me of the final 2 months of EHT where each scene should have given the viewer's necessary impact but then it was rushed. Thanks to TRP aunty. 😑

Yes I had expected Vish during Amrit ki ladai not for Maya ka bachaw. But as I yesterday put in Shyamaldi's post it was this running of Rudra to save Maya that has made my hunch of Rudra-Leela marriage strong.

Because Leela is power, even if you look character wise the girl really knows what she is doing. It is not running around here and there. She knows Dansh wont respect her, but as her clan demands as the dutiful member of the clan she has to marry Dansh. She knows Dansh is capable of killing her, yet she is willing to get sacrificed for the clan, she knows a man has saved her life but in the first instance she simply refuses to help them just because he belongs to the enemy clan. Leela as a character stands for the woman who has the right knowledge, but her ideals or the way she is bought up stops her from applying it correctly at the right time. She is symbolic of the daughter, wife, sister, mother who knows their father, husband, brother, son are in wrong yet want to protect them. She has to cut cord, she has to come out and be with the right man as his power and for that she has to be convinced. She is not dilly dallying type.

Same with Rudra also. He has to choose a knowledgable woman if he has to go ahead in life. Not the weepy adarsh bahu who just walks around taking one impulsive decision after another.

This is my take and I would have loved time given to Rudra- Leela. But seems like we wont get it. Enough has been spent on Rudra-Maya and they are continuing to spend😑. I am somehow able to enjoy Rudra- Leela in addition to Dansh- Bairavi  and Greyson antic.

seedhibaat thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Arshi great title and good post. πŸ˜Š
The respect for the show is going downhill. in the beginning of the show it was said that the work for this show was in process for couple of years. My point is if they had enough time in hand to work on a story viable for 120 episodes. I am sure the think tank knows how much they can accommodate in 120 episodes. πŸ˜‘.
I am finding this show as a half hearted  attempt. for a finite number of episodes if the script/story is precise then TRP should not matter. The show hasn't survived the hype it created in the beginning. 
A team of good actors is positive for me( Maya has scope for improvement though)😲
its a sinking ship , who leaves doesnt matter. πŸ˜‘ Very disapproving show. 
Galati se mishtake ho gaya ki ye show dekhana chalu kiya πŸ˜³

Viewers are in Hosh and Kahani Behosh.

happychappy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Arshi & others,this is the Twitter convo with UN after he declared he had quite with effect from last Wednesday.  And we thought the story and script were all frozen? Looks like not!  Puzzling to say the least...
Shyamala B. Cowsik @sashashyam   
  1. @utkarshnaithani At least with Jalandhar you did not leave me thus stranded midway. What am I going to do, since I came to MK only for you?

2. Utkarsh Naithani @utkarshnaithani  

@sashashyam Jalandhar was a different story. I had a freedom. Here, exit was delayed by almost a month coz I didn't want to leave midway.

3. DilliChat @DilliChat  

@utkarshnaithani oh. And this is not midway?! "They" really should ditch the trp system...It leaves no room for niche shows like #mahakumbh

4. Utkarsh Naithani @utkarshnaithani  

@DilliChat yes. You are right. This is not midway. Tried my best to stay. Then It crossed a limit. had to leave.

Edited by happychappy - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@really sad to see UN's tweet. Why in the world things has to be glossed over and leads have to be shown dumb and Mahan😑😑.
Why cant they be shown vulnerable, yet smart. Failing is fine, but I don't want mahanta. When will the TV audience learn to accept grey without glossing over.

I had lamented enough during EHT when the script was rushing and took the only solace that the makers didn't compromise on the message for the sake of TRP by making the rape victim stand up to the perpetuator of the crime.

I guess MK too I will somehow have to find that kind of a solace hopefully atleast that. TRP 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑. I am going mad😑
annu123.happy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nice post arshi . Agree ab d nonexistent chemistry totally . But i am totally confused about utkarsh . As far as i know , d script was criticised heavily since adult rudra made an appearance and justly so . At that time it was UN only who was writing . Leave d present but there was shoddiness , looseends and loopholes in d script even in below 60 episodes , barring a few gems here and there. The whole romantic track was scripted and written very averagely . Viewrs were left confused as to how n when rudra maya fell in luv . The sudden transition to animal rudra also left many confused . Before the coma so much time was wasted on non-impactful rudra-maya scenes. Therefore now when just 35 episodes hv been left n whatever wrong had to happen has already happened , i dont think UN leaving wd really make an impact as many regular watchers of d show like me hv already lost interest . I agree wt shayamala di that seema ji n dansh hv been an absolute delight . I knew about seemaji but had no idea who rahil azam was . Rahil , i feel is a world class villain barring a few OTT moments n I hv tremendously enjoyed watching his act . Gautam was brilliant in a few epi like d house segment scene n shuddikaran epi but largely he has been static n ordinary . The script was also , I thought unfair to him .  
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: annu123.happy

Nice post arshi . Agree ab d nonexistent chemistry totally . But i am totally confused about utkarsh . As far as i know , d script was criticised heavily since adult rudra made an appearance and justly so . At that time it was UN only who was writing . Leave d present but there was shoddiness , looseends and loopholes in d script even in below 60 episodes , barring a few gems here and there. The whole romantic track was scripted and written very averagely . Viewrs were left confused as to how n when rudra maya fell in luv . The sudden transition to animal rudra also left many confused . Before the coma so much time was wasted on non-impactful rudra-maya scenes. Therefore now when just 35 episodes hv been left n whatever wrong had to happen has already happened , i dont think UN leaving wd really make an impact as many regular watchers of d show like me hv already lost interest . I agree wt shayamala di that seema ji n dansh hv been an absolute delight . I knew about seemaji but had no idea who rahil azam was . Rahil , i feel is a world class villain barring a few OTT moments n I hv tremendously enjoyed watching his act . Gautam was brilliant in a few epi like d house segment scene n shuddikaran epi but largely he has been static n ordinary . The script was also , I thought unfair to him .  

Annu, I agree with you on the fact that writing has floundered many times since the beginning of the show, esp with rudras character graph and in the very essence and presence of Maya. 

Though I don't know how much freedom did Utkarsh have in conceptualising and story writing, vis a vis scripting. But yes somewhere from the very early days, the sense of direction and urgency that should have been there, has been missing. 

As for Rahil, even I have not seen him earlier in any show, but kind of liked his screen presence from promos of his earlier shows. 

Here of course he has embodied the cold blooded egoistic sliminess of the nagpramukh so well that it's always paisa vasool to him on screen - in comparison to other villains, - Greyrson and rao who are dull, or that forked tongue guru who was just C Grade horror film unreal, or Balivesh who is just a caricature now. 

Yes script and writing are to be blamed for this, for they introduced such fabulous chacareters with such a bang, and yet suffer from the Saas bahu show syndrome of only one hero/heroine surrounded by idiots and so everyone including Rudra has been systematically reduced and diminished.