Dosti.. Yariyaan.. Manmarzian

The theme of love-hate

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Arjun, as a hero, seems to be a Gul Khan prototype, only with far better acting and interesting shades. He is already dating someone (Bonnie) with a common goal of Sam's destruction, doesn't seem to love his girlfriend by any stretch of imagination. His life and thought process are more of a mystery than anything else. No matter how much he explains himself, we are never sure. He is the Gul Khan/Love-hate prototype hero done right. So far at least.
I generally really enjoy the love-hate theme because it gives ample opportunities for long conflicts and great acting but Indian TV never seems to get love-hate right. Maybe this is the show which will get it right. Arjun is both attracted to and repulsed by Sam. This is how you work a good theme of hatred and attraction. I am sorta really intrigued. 
Edited by Star_girl - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rihan05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I'm in, provided the CV show it perfectly, love-hate stories have been done in telly serials many tyms, since am SamArj shipper, i would love to see a good story btw them.. hope CVs handle it perfectly..
But Arjun with bonnie, was 🤢
Nalayak-baccha thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

lol...true arjun is a typical gul khan type hero(although i don't like any of gul khan's hero's... except KVB)  

i am liking arjun's story and the CV's are doing a good job by keeping his real story in suspense...i really hope arjun has a zabardast back story and i am definately looking forward to it...
Ri21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
agree with you, now m actually loving this love hate theme.. m sure his plan ll backfire very soon as bonnie said the pictures depicted love more than enimity.
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: THE_BOSS

lol...true arjun is a typical gul khan type hero(although i don't like any of gul khan's hero's... except KVB)  

i am liking arjun's story and the CV's are doing a good job by keeping his real story in suspense...i really hope arjun has a zabardast back story and i am definately looking forward to it...

Hey I like Karanveer too, but I was more of a fan during his Yudi/Viraj days. 
Yeah, Arjun is a very prototypical love-hate hero only better because of how subtle Aham is. His character is super intriguing IMHO. I imagine his story has something to do with Samraat. 
I despise Gul Khan heroes lol but Arjun seems like a polished and layered version of the good anti-heroes on TV so far. His relationship with Bonnie was such a surprise, wow. 
soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I completely agree with you on that Indian TV can never seem to get the love-hate theme right. Gul Khan's shows seem like a swinging match to me between exaggerated aggression, OTTness & romance and hence I've never been able to love her shows. This seems to be headed a different way & a much more smoother route & I'm looking forward to see how they play this out. Aham's subtlety in playing Arjun elevates his character. I'm definitely in on this love and hate journey between Arjun and Samaira and hoping they make it work well.
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Gul Khan's heroes look unreal by all means .. they are excessive in everything .. Arjun in other hand is more calculative and most importantly works with a cool brain that's simply missing in Gul Khan's shows .. the love hate thing is much complicated as well as thrilling here .. it seems this man has some real good shades in him than being a weird sample of meaningless anger and hatred towards women Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
beatsdongandy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
completely agree with u.indian tv had so many love-hate stories before but none of them actually gt it right.but arjun seems to the one of the best presentation of anti-hero in indian tv.n i must say cvs r so far have done really great job in potraying arjun's character..he is calculative he has done his homework so well that a girl like sam felt something for this stranger ;)..really interesting.
Ri21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hope they keep it up to the mark 
shinelove thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Bonnie is arjun gf or not ? Well it was looking like she liks him but he is not really intrested in her...