India-Forums

Dosti.. Yariyaan.. Manmarzian
Dosti.. Yariyaan.. Manmarzian

The theme of love-hate

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Arjun, as a hero, seems to be a Gul Khan prototype, only with far better acting and interesting shades. He is already dating someone (Bonnie) with a common goal of Sam's destruction, doesn't seem to love his girlfriend by any stretch of imagination. His life and thought process are more of a mystery than anything else. No matter how much he explains himself, we are never sure. He is the Gul Khan/Love-hate prototype hero done right. So far at least.
I generally really enjoy the love-hate theme because it gives ample opportunities for long conflicts and great acting but Indian TV never seems to get love-hate right. Maybe this is the show which will get it right. Arjun is both attracted to and repulsed by Sam. This is how you work a good theme of hatred and attraction. I am sorta really intrigued. 

Edited by Star_girl - 11 May 2015 at 11:40am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

shantellbrown-Cara-EkPagliLadkiSayaneeH.Lecter..sahana..Ri21Rihan05.annihilation.soni595greeshma014

Rihan05 IF-Sizzlerz
Rihan05
Rihan05

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:47am | IP Logged
I'm in, provided the CV show it perfectly, love-hate stories have been done in telly serials many tyms, since am SamArj shipper, i would love to see a good story btw them.. hope CVs handle it perfectly..
But Arjun with bonnie, was Dead

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

soni595Star_girlRi21

Nalayak-baccha Goldie
Nalayak-baccha
Nalayak-baccha

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:57am | IP Logged

lol...true arjun is a typical gul khan type hero(although i don't like any of gul khan's hero's... except KVB)  

i am liking arjun's story and the CV's are doing a good job by keeping his real story in suspense...i really hope arjun has a zabardast back story and i am definately looking forward to it...

soni595Star_girlRi21

Ri21 IF-Sizzlerz
Ri21
Ri21

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
agree with you, now m actually loving this love hate theme.. m sure his plan ll backfire very soon as bonnie said the pictures depicted love more than enimity.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

soni595Star_girl

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by THE_BOSS

lol...true arjun is a typical gul khan type hero(although i don't like any of gul khan's hero's... except KVB)  

i am liking arjun's story and the CV's are doing a good job by keeping his real story in suspense...i really hope arjun has a zabardast back story and i am definately looking forward to it...

Hey I like Karanveer too, but I was more of a fan during his Yudi/Viraj days. 
Yeah, Arjun is a very prototypical love-hate hero only better because of how subtle Aham is. His character is super intriguing IMHO. I imagine his story has something to do with Samraat. 
I despise Gul Khan heroes lol but Arjun seems like a polished and layered version of the good anti-heroes on TV so far. His relationship with Bonnie was such a surprise, wow. 

greeshma014Ri21

soni595 IF-Sizzlerz
soni595
soni595

-

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
I completely agree with you on that Indian TV can never seem to get the love-hate theme right. Gul Khan's shows seem like a swinging match to me between exaggerated aggression, OTTness & romance and hence I've never been able to love her shows. This seems to be headed a different way & a much more smoother route & I'm looking forward to see how they play this out. Aham's subtlety in playing Arjun elevates his character. I'm definitely in on this love and hate journey between Arjun and Samaira and hoping they make it work well.

ndp102Star_girlRi21

SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Gul Khan's heroes look unreal by all means .. they are excessive in everything .. Arjun in other hand is more calculative and most importantly works with a cool brain that's simply missing in Gul Khan's shows .. the love hate thing is much complicated as well as thrilling here .. it seems this man has some real good shades in him than being a weird sample of meaningless anger and hatred towards women 

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 11 May 2015 at 1:05pm

soni595Ri21

beatsdongandy IF-Sizzlerz
beatsdongandy
beatsdongandy

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
completely agree with u.indian tv had so many love-hate stories before but none of them actually gt it right.but arjun seems to the one of the best presentation of anti-hero in indian tv.n i must say cvs r so far have done really great job in potraying arjun's character..he is calculative he has done his homework so well that a girl like sam felt something for this stranger ;)..really interesting.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ri21

Go to top