Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar 11th May 2015..18 minutes in DEK + my views..Post Upd Pg-1 (Page 2)

Charu.S Goldie
Charu.S
Charu.S

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Thanks for the update Abhay.

Jodha being bullied and emotionally manipulated, by a stubborn, unreasonable, unrelenting Hamida Begum was bad enough. Jalal declaring divorce (albeit acting it out)  to the love of his life, just because she was disobedient to him, was even worse. The uncovering of Jalal's 'acting', to nail his mother, was not in the least bit convincing.

Jalal's portrayal today, was the height of insult to the historical character of Akbar. I completely and fully agree with your thoughts listed in point nos 2, of your feedback. Their patching-up scene was utter nonsense and I did not for a second find it cute. I know that many reading this post will be disappointed with my feedback. I cannot digest the idea of Jalal taking Jodha for granted and declaring divorce, nor can I tolerate seeing the Shehenshah begging and pleading with her to forgive him. This is no way to portray a royal couple. This is a historical and not one of EK's tear jerker Prime time soap.

Introducing a negative supernatural element into the storyline, is only worsening the plot that is steadily going downhill. 

Edited by Charu.S - 11 May 2015 at 10:46am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

smartfotografikhalessi75prav2CoolpreeTarunika13BeaBeaSuganya.S_Dexterity_-aady-ayushimehrahistory_geekSindhuMenonharshu27

Charu.S Goldie
Charu.S
Charu.S

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeaBea

Originally posted by history_geek

Views:

For Point number..1

I am thinking about the Creative brain which made this track ?
Is this supposed to be a method to teach something to anyone ?

Like i said initially, in this track i did not like Jodha because her character lacked conviction. CV's had shown her succumbing under pressure , it was ok.
But i wanted to see some trials on her part..
She can succumb, i understand she is human, but i wanted to see, some INTELLIGENT move from her, before converting... Anyways, lets leave that, we discussed a lot about that.

Similarly what Jalal did now was not acceptable..
I do not agree that, JUST for TEACHING a lesson to his mother, you give the shock of DIVORCE to your wife...

For Point number..2

I want to know how many husbands agree with their wife, and become a "MURGA" ?
I have understood many kochey-koo scenes till now in JA, but today...what was that ?

Today it was such a BLOW when i saw Jalal speaking such things.

More than that, i did not like,
the expressions on Akbar's face, which depicted a helpless person, who was utterly confused, and was "ready to cry"..

How many husbands do like that. I Want to know. I want to meet the writerS now, who penned such dialogues. This is NR but still the CV's are using the name of someone who is not fit to be treated like this.

Anyways, i know, many might have enjoyed the "AkDha" scenes today as well, the episode was COMPLETELY about Jodha AND Akbar. Good chemistry is another thing, but i do not agree with this treatment..

Thanks Abhay, for the update.

Very well said.

They only reason here that makes this silly plots readable and watchable is because of the good chemistry between RT and Pari that bring alive the fading aspect of the Serial.

And am fuming so will not talk much.  It is better to be silent in anger.

Beatrice, a big Hug  from me to you, for the last sentence.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

BeaBea_Dexterity_ayushimehrahistory_geekSindhuMenon-aady-

vinitaj27 Goldie
vinitaj27
vinitaj27

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Hey abhay thanx for the update.
I agree with the fact that jalal using jodha and the talaq drama was too much n insulting... even i had issues with them showing talaq publicly but reconciliation as private...
As for HB i found her changing to be a bit too sudden n dramatic.

As for the murga scene when i saw it in the upcoming scene i was disgusted to assume that we will have to see a shahenshah as murga n almost switched channels but my daughter forced me to switch back n i was glad that it was nottaken to that point atleast. As for the rest of their arguments i found them sweet and very husband wife kind... i agree he is a king but he is also a husband on the wrong trying to get his wife to forgive him... i felt jodha getting mad at him was acted well.
The trick abhay is to forget that the serial is made on a historial real figure and watch it as a normal serial. I agree the real akbar would not have gone to such lengths but then i dont think he would have been this devoted and romantic towards jodha either...

Edited by vinitaj27 - 11 May 2015 at 11:00am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Suganya.SjojaparijatCharu.S_Dexterity_history_geekharshu27

Tarunika13 Goldie
Tarunika13
Tarunika13

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Thanks for the update AbhaySmile.
Today the episode execution was a bit weak, specially when HB spills the beans. May be it was because she is Marium Makani, so an explosive revelation could not be shown. Jalal told that everyone except for his family should leave. This was to save Hamida's embarrassment in front of them, but on the other hand what about Jodha? She is also MUZ/MEH so how can she be treated like this in public.
I also feel that instead of talaq drama, some other means should have been used to bring Hamida and Jodha together.
Anyways, not a bad episode but could have been much better.

However, I have to say this Paridhi was excellent as angry Jodha and Rajat was superb as contrite Jalal despite the murgh ban na  part was a bit OTT.

Rajat & Paridhi when together can make any episode worth watching.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sowmyabhatSuganya.SjojaparijatCharu.S_Dexterity_history_geekSindhuMenonharshu27

sweet_diksha IF-Rockerz
sweet_diksha
sweet_diksha

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Jo rocked today...

I hate CVs for showing Jalal in such bad light, like the fake dramas he keeps doing to teach lessons to somebody, and that too using his wife and Mallika of the state as a pawn... nothing can be bigger insult to a woman in Jo's place...and it certainly puts a questionmark on Jalal's so called ways to handle any situation and his love and respect towards the highest ranked Mallika of his sultanat and love of his life...I don't understand how much CVs want to push Jalal's character towards new lows...

anyway , I m really happy, when Jo throws few hometruths on Jalal's face abt all humiliations and insults he makes her suffer, that too in public... and still she shows enough dignity not to insult him in front of all... coz had it been Ruku in her place, she would have put all her demands in front of all and even may have asked Jalal to become her slave till she forgives him... but this woman, being Jo shows her pure soul, and still maintains her self respect by making Jalal understand her pain, by threatening to leave him, but all her drama was in private, not in front of all...

but it was shocking to see HB again changing her colours every minute... and didn't like the fake smile on GB's face and that she was left even without one apology towards Jo...

and now, like they r advertising abt new track, let's once again get ready for hating Jalal once more, though this time the poor soul won't be really at mistake... but being under that black magic spell, he will keep hurting Jo again and again , coz that's CVs favourite theme for this show, and Jo again sacrificing her life to save him... then again Jaan begum will be shown to side with Laboni just to hurt Jo more and more, and instigating Jalal, rather using Jalal to hurt Jo, and Jalal exactly doing same thing like he did in Ben track, when he was under Maham's spell... coz Maham was no less than any witch...but still I liked her more than these mother-daughter witch duo...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

khalessi75Charu.SBeaBeaSuganya.S-aady-_Dexterity_history_geekSindhuMenon

Coolpree Senior Member
Coolpree
Coolpree

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Abhay i totally agree with you on both points 1&2. Bang on. You already know my views on this track. Not watching i glad i did not.
Utterly Demeaning and worthless crap!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Suganya.SCharu.SBeaBea_Dexterity_-aady-history_geekSindhuMenon

Coolpree Senior Member
Coolpree
Coolpree

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Charu.S

Thanks for the update Abhay.

Jodha being bullied and emotionally manipulated, by a stubborn, unreasonable, unrelenting Hamida Begum was bad enough. Jalal declaring divorce (albeit acting it out) to the love of his life, just because she was disobedient to him, was even worse. The uncovering of Jalal's 'acting', to nail his mother, was not in the least bit convincing.

Jalal's portrayal today, was the height of insult to the historical character of Akbar. I completely and fully agree with your thoughts listed in point nos 2, of your feedback. Their patching-up scene was utter nonsense and I did not for a second find it cute. I know that many reading this post will be disappointed with my feedback. I cannot digest the idea of Jalal taking Jodha for granted and declaring divorce, nor can I tolerate seeing the Shehenshah begging and pleading with her to forgive him. This is no way to portray a royal couple. This is a historical and not one of EK's tear jerker Prime time soap.

Introducing a negative supernatural element into the storyline, is only worsening the plot that is steadily going downhill.

Wonderful, precise and hard hitting post Charu. The writers need to be publically humilated on some news channel for this crap! Its time Ekta Kapoor was held accountable for this!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Suganya.SCharu.S_Dexterity_history_geek

Charu.S Goldie
Charu.S
Charu.S

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -aady-

Hey all! :)
Abhay your comment was bang on, both of us seem to have the same qualms with today's episode. 

The only nice part in today's episode was that the Jalal and Jodha are no longer fighting with each other.

The episode as a whole was quite nice, I liked it. But the CV's almost always seem to forget that they are dealing with 'real life' character, who have lived great lives and our remembered even today.

DEK:

My first qualm was why Jalal even brought the 'Talaaq' Matter to the DEK, because marriages and divorces are not mere tools to be played with. Making a hue and cry of such family matters and sensitive issues is not the right thing to do, as it brings about negative gossip and most of all hurts the dignity of the woman invloved.

Anyway done is done, and I thought that maybe his plan was to show HB that like she took the matter to DEK he would too. But what irritated me next was the fact that the 'Talaaq' drama took place in front of everyone, but the reconciliation happened with only the family members present. Jalla was protecting the dignity of his mother by keeping her confession only in front of the family, but he did not think of securing Jodha's dignity when he yelled at her saying he wanted a Talaaq inn front of everyone?? I love Tedha Jalal and I would have respected his plan more, if he kept his drama as private as he kept the reconciliation. 

The uncovering of Jalal's acting about his 'talaq', his attempts to make his mother realize her mistakes, weren't in the least bit convincing. Jodha is not a mannequin to be played around with by mother and son.

Zilch respect:

One thing I can not stand at all is how the CV's make such stupid scenes without bearing in mind that they are dealing with 'Akbar the GREAT', and man who is still remembered today for his great rule. They do not think twice before making this Reel Akbar do anything they want. From the aspect of a cute 'nhok-jhok' it was nice to see that scene, but to think that they were making Akbar agree to become a murga, is something that I did not wish to see. I really hope they keep in mind the sensitivity while using the name of 'Akbar', and the restrictions they will have to comply with due to that. 

Aadhya, Jalal being made a 'murga' was beyond my understanding . What was that nonsense? His expressions and body language while pleading with Jodha, were filmy, completely unroyal. Both Jodha and Jalal's characters have been insulted right royally.

Chudail + Family:

Look's like we will be seeing the Chudail'e entry tomorrow, but after Jalal's promise of never leaving Jodha, even if the Chudail plays with Jalal's head, Jodha will know that there is something up. I guess this track is just going to reiterate 'faith in god' and faith in one's love. And these are the 2 thing that are going to get JJ out of this mess, scratch free, and Stronger than ever.

The Chudail seemed very frazzled when she heard Jalal talking about god, so we will be seeing some divine intervention or JJ's faith in god that get's them out of this. We have managed to see all sorts of NR in this show, we can live through this as well...

I hope that Jalal is able to identify the mother daughter duo as witches and not give into their evil dominance. 

CV's: Angry

I'm happy to see that everything is patched up with JJ, but the CV's never seem to get the sensitivities of relations. This stupidity of showing break-ups, and make up's, and just making it about showing the audience some 'cute' scenes in the process, is not really what they should be showing to younger generations with very pliable minds...

I feel like yelling out to EK and reminding her that JA is a historical, not a Kutumb, Itna na Karo Mujhse Pyaar, YHM or Kum Kum Bhagya. Handle it accordingly.

My thoughts in red Aady. As you would have guessed, I am thoroughly disappointed today. Thanks for an excellent analysis.Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

CoolpreeBeaBea_Dexterity_history_geek-aady-

Go to top