Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
well both jodha & jalal were degraded to the extreme in this track. neither jodha giving to up under pressure was justified whtever maybe her intentions were nor jalal's talaq game again whtever his intentions maybe. yes jodha wanted to save HB but still jodha is not just a bahu but also a MEH & MEH cant be always emotional, she should be witty as well. if today she had changed her religion tomorrow it had affected the hindu awam & so instead of stopping war, it would have given birth to new revolt. same goes for jalal's plan. its too demeaning for the both jalal & jodha & also for the entire mughal empire bcoz talaq is not a joke. both jalal & jodha r now in their 40s & they cant be childish. neither religion change is a joke nor a talaq is. if jalal's talaq drama was disastrous so was jodha's religion change. both were equally disappointing & noone was less this time.
-aady- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thank you Charu. 🤗
Am on the mobile so was not able to quote your previous post.

Just on Saturday I was assuring that better days were to come in the serial and we got this, and I felt like such a party pooper writing my post because there were so many people who enjoyed the Akdha scene today and I felt bad writing it...😭

But the treatment of a historical is supposed to be different, Ekta thinks that she can apply the same mantra that she does to get TRP's in her other serials but that is not so. Here we are talking about 2 very influential Royals who are made to look so bad. In the beginning of the serial even though there was NR, the leads never went out of character ever, they stayed the same through the NR, but here they are being made to bend lower and lower just to add this 'masala'.

I'm hoping we get better really fast...for the sake of Parijat.
Charu.S thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweet_diksha

understand ur points and they r right too... but one small advice from me... while watching this show forget it's historical... just think that CVs r using historical names, and names can be anything, and for a change even the costumes r like something from old films, but think that we r watching 21st century drama...

trust me u will feel less disgusting... coz if we keep thinking that it's historical drama, then every time we lose our sanity and as those CVs will never sudhrofy, we don't need to get frustrated... they don't deserve it...

come on now cheer up...

@sweet_diksha,😊, thank you for trying to calm down my disappointment towards today's episode. Really sweet of you and I mean it sincerely. 🤗 I also agree with your suggestions.😊

Believe me dear, I have tried several times to watch this serial casually, without attaching any historical significance to it. Had the names of the leads not been Jodha and Akbar, had the story and natakiya roopantar not been acceptable, believable and good initially, had Rajat and Pari not enacted their roles so well and made themselves synonymous with the historical names of Jodha and Akbar, it would have been really really easy for me to to watch the entire show as a regular soap.

I had even taken break for a couple of months from watching, after the leap, because the story and dialogues were unbearable. I find it highly inappropriate for the production house to misuse the names of historical characters, make a serial and dish out some truly unpalatable stuff. 

History, historical characters and names are part of our heritage and need to be treated with respect and dignity, not an aspect to be experimented with in the form of nonsensical drama and played around with, degrading the basic personality of the Queen Mother, Jodha/Harka Bai, Akbar and to a certain extent, even Rukaiyya. However much we may try to ignore, the fact remains that Jodha and Akbar is a magnum opus historical that is being given sub standard treatment in all respects of production.

The best favor I can do for my wound up nerves, is to completely disassociate myself, from this show. 
Edited by Charu.S - 8 years ago
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: SindhuMenon

Thank U for the lovely Update. Just watched the episode , as we guessed it was a Plan by Jalal to sort issues between Jodha anD MIL. Well as Jodha said the divorce option was an extreme..
any ways I am happy as all i well in the end. JJ scenes were cute and PS RT Nailed it.

I loved This Nakhre Waali Jodha...

Ruks - Was happy when Jalal was about to divorce and then was so happy with tears when she watched HB Jodha hug. I cannot understand this self centered character at all.

Abhay, loved your point - You did not want to spoil the Party so making a separate post..😆
Yes, in this track I was not happy with the Portrayal of Jodha and also did not like the method that Jalal chose to sort the issue between HB and Jodha. Yes the Murgha part was a little too much. Still I felt Jalal was lucky to have sorted his issues with wife so fast, I dont think I would have compromised so easily if my husband is ready to divorce me on the drop of a hat. 😃

Sindhu,
Not only "Murga" but "Gadha" part also was there.
I did not enjoy the banter today.

@Bold...I have already written this in my post...Copying again...>>

" Similarly what Jalal did now was not acceptable..
I do not agree that, JUST for TEACHING a lesson to his mother, you give the shock of DIVORCE to your wife..."

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: ghalibmirza

abhay i have not been watching the show on regular basis, just catching up here and there..and to be honest i do not care what they show as of now, as we all know how much nonsense has been portrayed..and even the media is claiming it to be fiction and we all know how much of Akbar's personal life is show cased in any of the books written on him..as you yourself said once that not much is written about MUZ or even about their relationship..and as a matter of fact the majority of the books only focus on his political achievements!..he was a dignified personality whose most of the time was spent doing something meaningful and not playing games with females in the harem!

i am just disgusted and wish the show to end! i have nothing more to say!

Mandy,

I agree with you, as far as the state of this show is concerned. Since last few episodes, the creativity has touched abysimal levels. Also, i am disgusted with the kind of presentation of Akbar, happening here. Though, i normally, tolerate most of stuff, but certain things i can not, and today was one such bit. Last week i wrote about disappointment with Jodha (
Link of post) , today this is Akbar.!

Not only "Murga" but "Gadha" also, he said. And here i am thinking about the "brilliant writers" of Jodha Akbar who have "graced" this show, i don't know what they wanted to convey here by this bit. It was simply bland.!!

@Bold...I replied like that, but i said in comparison to Akbar, less is present about MUZ. But that applies to almost ALL the females in that era. Medieval chroniclers loathed to record about women. Mostly foreign travellers / traders recorded lot of things. Yes, most sources talk about Akbar's wars, etc. and less sources talk about the personal life or LIKES of Akbar. But, if the talk is about Akbar and MUZ, then i wold say, for me beyond doubt, there are certain things, considering which the show was started on story of Jodha and Akbar with proper NR, though lately both of them have suffered good deal of damage.

Infact, if i compare MUZ with Mumtaz Mahal, MUZ has a lot of things written about her compared to Mumtaz. Still, just because of ONE Taj, people admire Mumtaz and Shah Jahan a lot, though even here there are many conflicting views.

Previously also, there have been shows on Doordarshan, which talk about Jodha and AKbar. Jodha of Akbar Khan's , Akbar the GREAT was so dignified. Even the Nur jahan serial had shown an AGED OLD Akbar romancing Jodha, well in his 50's when Jahangir was grown up. There, the Akbar was so perfect, for me the best portrayal of Akbar was in Nur jahan serial. Jodha's name has always been there with Akbar, even before this movie or serial, or in folklore, or in some travel accounts. Even, a contemporary text(1611) mentions her as a fav. Sultana of Akbar.{I have claiming only those things which i have posted after scanning, on my blog} There is NO doubt for me as far as JA are concerned.

BTW, show is not ending any time soon. I have been writing this for over 3 months. The show is going to continue, as per the info i have till now. So, i guess all here need to brace up for MORE, which is still to come...

SindhuMenon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: history_geek

Mandy,

I agree with you, as far as the state of this show is concerned. Since last few episodes, the creativity has touched abysimal levels. Also, i am disgusted with the kind of presentation of Akbar, happening here. Though, i normally, tolerate most of stuff, but certain things i can not, and today was one such bit. Last week i wrote about disappointment with Jodha (

Not only "Murga" but "Gadha" also, he said. And here i am thinking about the "brilliant writers" of Jodha Akbar who have "graced" this show, i don't know what they wanted to convey here by this bit. It was simply bland.!!

@Bold...I replied like that, but i said in comparison to Akbar, less is present about MUZ. But that applies to almost ALL the females in that era. Medieval chroniclers loathed to record about women. Mostly foreign travellers / traders recorded lot of things. Yes, most sources talk about Akbar's wars, etc. and less sources talk about the personal life or LIKES of Akbar. But, if the talk is about Akbar and MUZ, then i wold say, for me beyond doubt, there are certain things, considering which the show was started on story of Jodha and Akbar with proper NR, though lately both of them have suffered good deal of damage.

Infact, if i compare MUZ with Mumtaz Mahal, MUZ has a lot of things written about her compared to Mumtaz. Still, just because of ONE Taj, people admire Mumtaz and Shah Jahan a lot, though even here there are many conflicting views.

Previously also, there have been shows on Doordarshan, which talk about Jodha and AKbar. Jodha of Akbar Khan's , Akbar the GREAT was so dignified. Even the Nur jahan serial had shown an AGED OLD Akbar romancing Jodha, well in his 50's when Jahangir was grown up. There, the Akbar was so perfect, for me the best portrayal of Akbar was in Nur jahan serial. Jodha's name has always been there with Akbar, even before this movie or serial, or in folklore, or in some travel accounts. Even, a contemporary text(1611) mentions her as a fav. Sultana of Akbar.{I have claiming only those things which i have posted after scanning, on my blog} There is NO doubt for me as far as JA are concerned.

BTW, show is not ending any time soon. I have been writing this for over 3 months. The show is going to continue, as per the info i have till now. So, i guess all here need to brace up for MORE, which is still to come...

Well written Abhay...⭐️⭐️
Charu.S thumbnail
Originally posted by: Coolpree

Wonderful, precise and hard hitting post Charu. The writers need to be publically humilated on some news channel for this crap! Its time Ekta Kapoor was held accountable for this!

Thank you Preeti, for understanding my view points. 😊 

Irrespective of the credibility of the existence of Jodha Bai/Harka Bai/Heer Kunwar, I simply love their characters and the personality of MUZ who it has been established was the hindu queen of Akbar and Salim's mother. A distinguished lady of high repute, who commanded immense respect in the Imperial harem. Akbar is my all time favorite king , as along as I care to remember. Rajat Tokas has excelled as Jallaluddin Mohammad and Paridhi Sharma has breathed life into the character of Jodha.

Both these royals are a part of India's heritage, they are not present here to prove their identities or achievements anymore, that does not mean their personalities can be treated with disrespect and indignity on television. 

I remember visiting Akbar's tomb at Sikandara, a few years back, the moment I went near his grave, it was automatically a feeling of reverence towards one of the greatest rulers of India. What a magnificent structure his tomb is. I was totally in awe of this wonderful Shehenshah and also the mausoleum built in his honor that has done complete justice to his personality. To be honest, Akbar's tomb was more appealing to me than the Taj Mahal. 

When I see his personality being belittled, the way it was done today, I find it very hard to pardon the people who misuse the power of the television medium to make a joke of the precious historical characters of their own soil. What kind of natakiya roopantar did this track show? A deplorable one. 

The same goes with Jodha's personality too. The manner in which she has been portrayed via NR, is anything but praiseworthy. Until May of last year, the dramatization, even though faulty was still tolerable. Following that, it has been one character assasination after the other. Today's episode was the icing on the cake with regards to everyone taking Jodha for granted, her filmy avatar in kissing and saluting Mariam Makani's earrings, Hamida Begum suddenly asking for an apology and realizing that Jodha is her beti,😲 , best of all scolding Jalal about hurting her feelings with the 'talaq' and ordering Jalal to  run after Jodha and manaofy her to forgive him.😲 😲 What was all that drama for? If Jalal announcing talaq is wrong for HB, then why did she put Jodha through hell herself? Is Jodha an inanimate object to be tossed around and played with alternately by mother and son? Why didn't MM put her practical experiences in life to good use while dealing with the religious issue.? Is announcing 'talaq' to a begum, any method of proving a point or correcting a matriarch's unacceptable behavior.? What position does that queen have in the emperor's life? Is this how soul-mates treat each other? 😲 

Not only Jallaludin Mohammads, Jodha or Hamida Begum alone, the characters of Gulbadan Begum Rukaiyya's to a great extent, Bakshi Bano's have also not been treated with the dignity befitting nobility. There is a certain refinement that needs to be maintained while handling a negative character such as Rukaiyya's. She resembles a regular vamp from one of EK's soaps. Downright, mean, nasty and crass.

I do not want my opinions on the insensitive and disrespectful handling the characters, by the Creatives to be misconstrued as dislike for the main leads. I love both Pari and RT . The two of them are only doing their jobs. It is EK that I'm fuming at.

This post may very well be my last one. Instead of subjecting myself to utter rubbish in the form of NR and beating myself up, its better I take a clean break, once for all. I have lost all my limits of tolerance. 

Edited by Charu.S - 8 years ago
Charu.S thumbnail
Originally posted by: Suganya.S

Can't say more charu 👏

That's exactly y I didn't watch it tdy ... I can't take it any more , especially this insult /mockery of Real historical figures !!!

Moreover some witch to haunt us , to irritate us more 😡 It's better to stick to only Wu's as of now 🥱

Thank you Suganya.😊

I even lost my appetite for lunch after watching today's episode. It was total bakwaas. The manner in which MM was shown changing her opinions and persona several times, over the past one week, has been unbearable. Today she turned goody, goody all over again. She even scolded Jalal for announcing 'Talaq' to Jodha, when she is fully aware about being the sole reason for it. 😲 😡. What despicable NR is that ! 

As a part of the manaofying conversation, Jalal himself told Jodha that she could make him a 'murga'  or 'gadha' in private and not punish him in public. I wonder why Jodha never gets punished in private. 

I am ready to quit. I have been addicted to JA only because it is a historical and for the love of watching Paridhi and Rajat and mainly due to loyalty towards the show. Abhi kuch nahin bacha hai. All the addiction has vanished over the last three weeks.

SindhuMenon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Sindhu,
Not only "Murga" but "Gadha" part also was there.
I did not enjoy the banter today.

@Bold...I have already written this in my post...Copying again...>>

" Similarly what Jalal did now was not acceptable..
I do not agree that, JUST for TEACHING a lesson to his mother, you give the shock of DIVORCE to your wife..."

@blue: 😆😆😆 I guess I missed this part..
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Mandy,

abhay, i just watched Akbar the great in bits and pieces, although it is painstakingly slow still it is logical and believable, in the show Akbar's greatness is only his and no credit given to his begums, and also his love for jodha is shown in an interesting way but what i liked the most is jodha's portrayal, she is shown intelligent and saintly at the same time, she knows what she is talking about and she knows how to win akbar's heart..salima's portrayal is also very good but not much of ruk..in ekta's JA Akbar's character is butchered the most and the tracks are so illogical that one finds hard to connect any incident with history!

abhay, i am reading feast of roses and before that i read the twentieth wife..indu has so beautifully weaved the historical facts into fiction that one cannot stop reading and applauding for such intelligent narration! i am thoroughly enjoying the mughal era history through indu's eyes and how i wish the same could happen with ekta's show where we all enjoy the love story of both jodha and akbar through ekta's eyes..but its too late to repair the cut so deep..ekta has disturbed the sentiments of many Akbar lovers like me who wanted to this dignified personality in a royal and majestic way where all the NRs should have been logical and in sync with the historical facts...but alas!