Jodha Akbar 11th May 2015..18 minutes in DEK + my views..Post Upd Pg-1

Posted: 8 years ago

Jodha Akbar 11th May 2015..18 minutes drama in DEK...and...!!!!!.
Overall episode was fine today..
I have given my PERSONAL views, below, in separate comment.

Late in posting the thread, as there was a power cut..

Complete 18 minutes scene in DEK.
Jodha asks for more jewels to be brought.
Jalal brings the treasury.
Finally, HB gives her ear-rings.
Jodha says she needs only ear rings.
And starts to leave. HB stops her.
She asks Jalal to forgive Jodha.

Finally she agrees she pressurized her.
Jalal LAUGHS and says he was doing drama.

Now Jodha pretends, and leaves, when Jalal tries to manaofy her.
He tries a lot, but she does not budge.
He says to her, that he is ready to do ANYTHING which she wants.
He says he ready to replicate a "Murga" if she wanted..
Quite casual talk..

He was about to do so, but she stops him, and here they both hug showing warmth of a relation of husband-wife. This was a fine scene.

Precap:
Laboni and mother doing their jaadu and recite some spells.
Jalal was shown sitting(somewhere) in a white cloth..

Overall episode was fine. I know MAJORITY will like this.
Today, I have posted my views separately, BELOW, as i do not want to spoil the party.

DEBATE on GREATness of monarchs in history(Akbar included).
Do post your thoughts, if possible.
Direct Link :  What is the BASIS of GREATness ?
IF Link :  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4363101

Maharana Pratap is re-entering Jodha Akbar soon.
Hope for better times ahead.
Are they planning to show Haldighati and some other conflict also ?
Link : https://twitter.com/FanAkdha/status/597402794119680000

Aadhya's Post below about the episode : Link

Edited by history_geek - 8 years ago

Views:

For Point number..1

I am thinking about the Creative brain which made this track ?
Is this supposed to be a method to teach something to anyone ?

Like i said initially, in this track i did not like Jodha because her character lacked conviction. CV's had shown her succumbing under pressure , it was ok.
But i wanted to see some trials on her part..
She can succumb, i understand she is human, but i wanted to see, some INTELLIGENT move from her, before converting... Anyways, lets leave that, we discussed a lot about that.

Similarly what Jalal did now was not acceptable..
I do not agree that, JUST for TEACHING a lesson to his mother, you give the shock of DIVORCE to your wife...

For Point number..2

I want to know how many husbands agree with their wife, and become a "MURGA" ?
I have understood many kochey-koo scenes till now in JA, but today...what was that ?

Today it was such a BLOW when i saw Jalal speaking such things.

More than that, i did not like,
the expressions on Akbar's face, which depicted a helpless person, who was utterly confused, and was "ready to cry"..

How many husbands do like that. I Want to know. I want to meet the writerS now, who penned such dialogues. This is NR but still the CV's are using the name of someone who is not fit to be treated like this.

Anyways, i know, many might have enjoyed the "AkDha" scenes today as well, the episode was COMPLETELY about Jodha AND Akbar. Good chemistry is another thing, but i do not agree with this treatment..

Thank U for the lovely Update. Just watched the episode , as we guessed it was a Plan by Jalal to sort issues between Jodha anD MIL. Well as Jodha said the divorce option was an extreme..
any ways I am happy as all i well in the end. JJ scenes were cute and PS RT Nailed it.

I loved This Nakhre Waali Jodha...

Ruks - Was happy when Jalal was about to divorce and then was so happy with tears when she watched HB Jodha hug. I cannot understand this self centered character at all.

Abhay, loved your point - You did not want to spoil the Party so making a separate post..😆
Yes, in this track I was not happy with the Portrayal of Jodha and also did not like the method that Jalal chose to sort the issue between HB and Jodha. Yes the Murgha part was a little too much. Still I felt Jalal was lucky to have sorted his issues with wife so fast, I dont think I would have compromised so easily if my husband is ready to divorce me on the drop of a hat. 😃

Edited by SindhuMenon - 8 years ago
Both right and wrong the same time
1st the conversion attempt then this 1st Jodha was made scapegoat and now Jalal this looked like a Akbar Birbal style of silly humor episode only here it JOJA  and certainly less dignified for the historical characters but then what happens between husband and wife no one knows😉😆
Originally posted by history_geek

Views:

For Point number..1

Like i said initially, in this track i did not like Jodha because her character lacked conviction. CV's had shown her succumbing under pressure , it was ok.
She can succumb, i understand she is human, but i wanted to see, some INTELLIGENT move from her, before converting... Anyways, lets leave that, we discussed a lot about that.

I do not agree that, JUST for TEACHING a lesson to his mother, you give the shock of DIVORCE to your wife...

For Point number..2

I have understood many kochey-koo scenes till now in JA, but today...what was that ?

the expressions on Akbar's face, which depicted a helpless person, who was utterly confused, and was "ready to cry"..

How many husbands do like that. I Want to know. I want to meet the writerS now, who penned such dialogues. This is NR but still the CV's are using the name of someone who is not fit to be treated like this.

Anyways, i know, many might have enjoyed the "AkDha" scenes today as well, the episode was COMPLETELY about Jodha AND Akbar. Good chemistry is another thing, but i do not agree with this treatment..

Thanks Abhay, for the update.

Very well said.

They only reason here that makes this silly plots readable and watchable is because of the good chemistry between RT and Pari that bring alive the fading aspect of the Serial.

And am fuming so will not talk much.  It is better to be silent in anger.

Abhay   😆

Ur seperate post of episode was really 👏 , couldn't say better in a dignified manner !!!
I just read ur update now , though expected this step of Jalal ... I'm more disappointed with their stupid dialogues which demeans Even their Reel characters amidst viewers

Originally posted by history_geek

Views:

For Point number..1

For Point number..2

abhay i have not been watching the show on regular basis, just catching up here and there..and to be honest i do not care what they show as of now, as we all know how much nonsense has been portrayed..and even the media is claiming it to be fiction and we all know how much of Akbar's personal life is show cased in any of the books written on him..as you yourself said once that not much is written about MUZ or even about their relationship..and as a matter of fact the majority of the books only focus on his political achievements!..he was a dignified personality whose most of the time was spent doing something meaningful and not playing games with females in the harem!

i am just disgusted and wish the show to end! i have nothing more to say!
Hey all! :)
Abhay your comment was bang on, both of us seem to have the same qualms with today's episode.

The episode as a whole was quite nice, I liked it. But the CV's almost always seem to forget that they are dealing with 'real life' character, who have lived great lives and our remembered even today.

DEK:

My first qualm was why Jalal even brought the 'Talaaq' Matter to the DEK, because marriages and divorces are not mere tools to be played with. Making a hue and cry of such family matters and sensitive issues is not the right thing to do, as it brings about negative gossip and most of all hurts the dignity of the woman invloved.

Anyway done is done, and I thought that maybe his plan was to show HB that like she took the matter to DEK he would too. But what irritated me next was the fact that the 'Talaaq' drama took place in front of everyone, but the reconciliation happened with only the family members present. Jalla was protecting the dignity of his mother by keeping her confession only in front of the family, but he did not think of securing Jodha's dignity when he yelled at her saying he wanted a Talaaq inn front of everyone?? I love Tedha Jalal and I would have respected his plan more, if he kept his drama as private as he kept the reconciliation.

Zilch respect:

One thing I can not stand at all is how the CV's make such stupid scenes without bearing in mind that they are dealing with 'Akbar the GREAT', and man who is still remembered today for his great rule. They do not think twice before making this Reel Akbar do anything they want. From the aspect of a cute 'nhok-jhok' it was nice to see that scene, but to think that they were making Akbar agree to become a murga, is something that I did not wish to see. I really hope they keep in mind the sensitivity while using the name of 'Akbar', and the restrictions they will have to comply with due to that.

Chudail + Family:

Look's like we will be seeing the Chudail'e entry tomorrow, but after Jalal's promise of never leaving Jodha, even if the Chudail plays with Jalal's head, Jodha will know that there is something up. I guess this track is just going to reiterate 'faith in god' and faith in one's love. And these are the 2 thing that are going to get JJ out of this mess, scratch free, and Stronger than ever.

The Chudail seemed very frazzled when she heard Jalal talking about god, so we will be seeing some divine intervention or JJ's faith in god that get's them out of this. We have managed to see all sorts of NR in this show, we can live through this as well...

CV's: 😡

I'm happy to see that everything is patched up with JJ, but the CV's never seem to get the sensitivities of relations. This stupidity of showing break-ups, and make up's, and just making it about showing the audience some 'cute' scenes in the process, is not really what they should be showing to younger generations with very pliable minds...

Edited by -aady- - 8 years ago
Thanks for the update Abhay.

Jodha being bullied and emotionally manipulated, by a stubborn, unreasonable, unrelenting Hamida Begum was bad enough. Jalal declaring divorce (albeit acting it out)  to the love of his life, just because she was disobedient to him, was even worse. The uncovering of Jalal's 'acting', to nail his mother, was not in the least bit convincing.

Jalal's portrayal today, was the height of insult to the historical character of Akbar. I completely and fully agree with your thoughts listed in point nos 2, of your feedback. Their patching-up scene was utter nonsense and I did not for a second find it cute. I know that many reading this post will be disappointed with my feedback. I cannot digest the idea of Jalal taking Jodha for granted and declaring divorce, nor can I tolerate seeing the Shehenshah begging and pleading with her to forgive him. This is no way to portray a royal couple. This is a historical and not one of EK's tear jerker Prime time soap.

Introducing a negative supernatural element into the storyline, is only worsening the plot that is steadily going downhill. 
Edited by Charu.S - 8 years ago
Originally posted by BeaBea

Thanks Abhay, for the update.

Very well said.

They only reason here that makes this silly plots readable and watchable is because of the good chemistry between RT and Pari that bring alive the fading aspect of the Serial.

And am fuming so will not talk much.  It is better to be silent in anger.

Beatrice, a big 🤗  from me to you, for the last sentence.